Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

bear acuda

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2010
ive fished for the bear acuda but got polar bear acuda and the quest wont count it. ive got 10 polar bear acudas.

Defender
Jan 01, 2009
The Central Wiki says the Polar Bear Acuda is only found in The Vigrid Roughland in Gh. It is an Epic rarity ice fish. The Bear Acuda is a rank 2 Fire rare fish found in 5 areas of gh. The easiest to get to is Northguard. If you fish there and use your reveal spell, your luck should be much better. Good luck,
Michael

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Go to Grizzeheim in the water behind Nick Jonas band of trumpet vines. When you cross over the rainbow bridge go left down to the water. Hope this helps. I caught mine by the edge on the far left just before the water goes over. I haven't caught a polar bear one yet. Where did you catch it?? Good luck.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Bear Acuda and Polar Bear Acuda are two different fish! That's the reason it won't count it.

Best of luck!
~Shannon Skybreaker

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
The Bear Acuda is a Fire fish. Just look for Fire fish, not Ice.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
nikki1184 on Jan 4, 2015 wrote:
ive fished for the bear acuda but got polar bear acuda and the quest wont count it. ive got 10 polar bear acudas.
Consider yourself lucky! The Polar Bearracuda was, at least for me, one of the most elusive fish in the Spiral. Like Michael Nightgem said they only appear in the Vigrid Roughlands and then very rarely. I went through countless vials of energy looking for one before I was finally successful. If you use a Reveal Fish spell their marker is bluish white since they are an ice fish and the waterfall in the area makes them tough to spot even when they do show up.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2013
I've gotten multiple bear acudas in saverstad pass. And good job on catching all those polar bear acudas! Hope this helps!

Defender
Jan 01, 2009
It would be nice if we knew whether or not our advice helped any. Maybe Nikki is so busy catching fish, there is no time to reply

Survivor
Jan 11, 2014
This is specifying a Fire school classed fish at rank 2, but be aware of those sneaky fire acudas willing to rid your energy, wish you luck!