Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What should I spend my crowns in?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
Hey everyone! I hope you all got what you wanted for christmas! This is not what the post is about, but more about crowns.
I recently got a 25$ Target gift card and I am thinking about spending 20$ for crowns, which i precisely need. If I do spend it on crowns, then I would have 10k of crowns, which sounds great for me.
The question here is what I would spent the crowns on.
I have a level 91 Death wizard, with somehow good armor.
Hat- Sokkwi Mantle of Blizzards ( Lvl 80, No Auction, got by a pack)
Robe- Hangman's Cape
Boots- Golden Boots of Serenity ( Lvl 80, No Auction, got from a pack)
Wand- Sword of Kings
The mount I have right now is from the the first bundle, and that is the Swift Griphon.
So, what should I buy from the crown shop? What do you mainly buy when you get crowns? Please respond, I need help!

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
I wouldn't buy gear. The dropped gear in game is usually better except for wands. If you train pets and do crafting you could buy crown seeds. With Evil Magma Peas or Couch Potato you're set for mega snacks forever. Both give useful treasure cards. EMP also give rare reagents. King Parsley are good for reagents too.

If you want something fun, maybe a cool mount or castle? I have bad luck with packs. You might want to keep some crowns for stitching, tournaments, or in case you need a potion sometime.

Survivor
Feb 03, 2012
Most of the best gear for promethean wizards in general is farmed, not bought with crowns. I suggest farming Tartarus for defensive Hades' gear. But if you must spend crowns, I suggest buying the level 90 crowns gear. Hope this was helpful.

- Brian Lotusblade

Explorer
Jan 23, 2014
SammyRedHeart on Dec 27, 2014 wrote:
Hey everyone! I hope you all got what you wanted for christmas! This is not what the post is about, but more about crowns.
I recently got a 25$ Target gift card and I am thinking about spending 20$ for crowns, which i precisely need. If I do spend it on crowns, then I would have 10k of crowns, which sounds great for me.
The question here is what I would spent the crowns on.
I have a level 91 Death wizard, with somehow good armor.
Hat- Sokkwi Mantle of Blizzards ( Lvl 80, No Auction, got by a pack)
Robe- Hangman's Cape
Boots- Golden Boots of Serenity ( Lvl 80, No Auction, got from a pack)
Wand- Sword of Kings
The mount I have right now is from the the first bundle, and that is the Swift Griphon.
So, what should I buy from the crown shop? What do you mainly buy when you get crowns? Please respond, I need help!
Here's a general guide that states suggestions as to what to spend crowns on, good luck!

http://www.duelist101.com/wizard101-pvp-guides-2/general-pvp-guides/pvp-spending-tips-part-1-wizard101/

Survivor
Feb 09, 2013
i would just keep getting packs. they sometimes give you great gear, mounts, and pets for less crowns than if you bought them individually. some good packs are hoard of the hydra and knights lore. hope you get what you want! good luck!
-natalie dragonwhisper

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
nataliedragonwhisp... on Dec 28, 2014 wrote:
i would just keep getting packs. they sometimes give you great gear, mounts, and pets for less crowns than if you bought them individually. some good packs are hoard of the hydra and knights lore. hope you get what you want! good luck!
-natalie dragonwhisper
No, that would be a waste, its not worth getting un-useful gear and a chance at the mount you want (which is low).

Survivor
Feb 09, 2013
The Fire on Dec 29, 2014 wrote:
No, that would be a waste, its not worth getting un-useful gear and a chance at the mount you want (which is low).
Well that's what works for me. People have different opinions