Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Changing Schools

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 30, 2011
I have a question that hopefully someone answers soon but my question is that my cousin took the quiz and she got storm school but it switched her school to fire. She is wondering if kingsele could switch her school to storm at all? Hopefully someone has an answer for her and me! Also, because she is low in health and she is level 18! She has bought clothes but she tries to buy storm clothes but she is still low. SO i am hoping you can do something about that! Thanks!
-JelliBeans603

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
You can't change schools. She can start over as a new storm wizard on the same account and move any of the gear over to her new storm wizard through the shared bank though. Every account allows 6 wizards.

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
Unfortunately, the only way is to create a new wizard. Don't be too worried about low health, because no matter which school you choose, there's going to be a negative. Sure storm has low health, but they can attack the most. Hope this helped!

Explorer
May 09, 2011
If you were able to change schools, that would be like saying an Ice changing into a high-damaging Storm for a few quests. Or, a Storm changing into a Life for one battle just to heal itself. At higher levels you will be able to train Polymorph spells in Celestia. However, this is really far-fetched, and I suggest you make a new wizard. I tried to make a Fire, but it turned into my now level 33 Balance. And I liked the change after a while, because it gave me a new experience. It also stayed at the #2 Highest Level Wizard on my account for quite a while until I began work on my Storm. So you should probably make the most of Fire, and Fire gets pretty powerful. At level 28, you will train the Heck Hound spell. At 14 pips, this thing is a beast on wheels. It will do almost 2000 damage over time to your opponent with a single Balance Blade, which boosts only +25%. Fire is deadly powerful. And those pesky shield-spammers don't have a chance. You can just simply Scald or something and break their shield and they get the full effect shortly afterward. The only con on this, though, is that you can counter with a heal over time spell. However, my life wizard is only level 13, so I am not currently aware of a spell that can counter a pretty big-shot spell like a 10-14 pip Heck Hound. In Marleybone there is no shortage of shield-spammers, so have your DoT's ready!

Administrator
JelliBeans603 on Nov 26, 2014 wrote:
I have a question that hopefully someone answers soon but my question is that my cousin took the quiz and she got storm school but it switched her school to fire. She is wondering if kingsele could switch her school to storm at all? Hopefully someone has an answer for her and me! Also, because she is low in health and she is level 18! She has bought clothes but she tries to buy storm clothes but she is still low. SO i am hoping you can do something about that! Thanks!
-JelliBeans603
Hello,

Changing a character's school is not something that we would do. Your friend would need to create a new character.

Best of luck!

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Sep 05, 2009
If you end up getting the school that you don't want from the book there is the option of just picking the school you want out of the seven

Survivor
Mar 15, 2014
S0ulBlood on Dec 2, 2014 wrote:
If you end up getting the school that you don't want from the book there is the option of just picking the school you want out of the seven
can you tell me how because i had to be life but i wanted to be storm

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
emily summershield on Dec 6, 2014 wrote:
Skip the test and just chose the school you want. Or if you take the test, at the end it makes the suggestion but there's a button below that says Choose Different School.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
emily summershield on Dec 6, 2014 wrote:
You can do it while still in the test, but not after you complete it and start the game.

Explorer
Sep 05, 2009
Also, the gem you choose is what school you get
Ruby
Sapphire
Amethyst
Peridot
Onyx
Jade
Citrine

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
Thank you everyone and Professer Greyrose but she took the test and it said that she was school of storm which what she wanted but then when she started playing and everything it switched her to fire and she really would like to switch without creating a new character. I dont know if it was a glitch but we really wish it could be changed. KI can you like go in her account and change it somehow? Hopefully someone can switch her account! Thanks for the answers everyone!
-JelliBeans603

Administrator
JelliBeans603 on Dec 17, 2014 wrote:
Thank you everyone and Professer Greyrose but she took the test and it said that she was school of storm which what she wanted but then when she started playing and everything it switched her to fire and she really would like to switch without creating a new character. I dont know if it was a glitch but we really wish it could be changed. KI can you like go in her account and change it somehow? Hopefully someone can switch her account! Thanks for the answers everyone!
-JelliBeans603
As I said above, no we can't change a character's school. Your friend will need to create a new wizard.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Nov 23, 2014
S0ulBlood on Dec 15, 2014 wrote:
Also, the gem you choose is what school you get
Ruby
Sapphire
Amethyst
Peridot
Onyx
Jade
Citrine
it isnt 100% based on the gem you choose, its mixed with all the answers

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Lord of the Night on Dec 17, 2014 wrote:
I've seen that the other answers affect what gems you can choose. The gem defines your school.

Explorer
Sep 05, 2009
Lord of the Night on Dec 17, 2014 wrote:
What I meant was that after all the other questions you are given a couple of gems to choose from, which will in turn decide your school

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Dec 17, 2014 wrote:
As I said above, no we can't change a character's school. Your friend will need to create a new wizard.
ok thanks anyways she said that she doesn't want to because she got so far and she has mounts she doesn't want to get rid of. Thanks everyone again and professor greyrose. Have a nice Christmas everyone!
-JelliBeans603

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
JelliBeans603 on Dec 20, 2014 wrote:
ok thanks anyways she said that she doesn't want to because she got so far and she has mounts she doesn't want to get rid of. Thanks everyone again and professor greyrose. Have a nice Christmas everyone!
-JelliBeans603
She can move the mounts to her shared bank.

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
NerdyHamster on Dec 21, 2014 wrote:
She can move the mounts to her shared bank.
she can? but she will lose all of her xp and level and everything and she just got a lot of new stuff from Christmas! So thanks anyways guys for helping me!
-JelliBeans603

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
JelliBeans603 on Dec 29, 2014 wrote:
she can? but she will lose all of her xp and level and everything and she just got a lot of new stuff from Christmas! So thanks anyways guys for helping me!
-JelliBeans603
Yes she'll have to start over on XP. Houses can't be transferred, but pets, mounts, housing items and most gear can be.

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
JelliBeans603 on Dec 29, 2014 wrote:
-JelliBeans603
Just want to say thanks to everyone and professer greyrose for helping with my problem. even though my friend isn't going to make a character still helps to know all of these great tips! Thanks again!!!!!!
-JelliBeans603

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
seethe42 on Dec 29, 2014 wrote:
Yes she'll have to start over on XP. Houses can't be transferred, but pets, mounts, housing items and most gear can be.
ok thanks anyways!
-JelliBeans603