Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to get a dragon pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
Just wondering if anyone knows how to get a dragon pet.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
MaverickE2012 on Nov 23, 2014 wrote:
Just wondering if anyone knows how to get a dragon pet.
Buy one... in the pet shop in the shopping district or in the pet pavilion. That's a basic dragon. The others are found in card packs as a possible reward, prepaid cards, etc.

There are lots of different dragon pets...

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:First_Generation_Pets

Survivor
Nov 18, 2014
Yes, go to the shopping district and find the icon/sign with a pig image on it,

once you enter the store, there will be six options, the last (and most expensive) being the dragon. ($450)
Click on the dragon, MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE ITS COLOURS (i forgot to do that once) and under its image, click buy. you will then get to choose its name.

Just to let you know, dragons don't cast spells if you already didn't know. I bought a dragon once, thinking that it would magically cast spells, and i trained it, and trained it, but eventually i realised it would never cast spells. To get pets that cast spells, go to dungeons like "Midnight Sun Padgoa," or "Winterbane Hall," and hope that you will get one. You can also buy pets that cast spells for crowns at the crowns shop. (located above "Menu Chat" button

If you don't get crowns, here's a link where you can earn them by completing 75% of a quiz correctly (you earn 10 crowns)

https://www.freekigames.com/trivia

i hope this helps! :) Good luck with your dragon

Survivor
Apr 15, 2012
There is a pet shop in the pet pavilion and in the shopping district.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
There are different kinds of dragon pets, but you can get one in the pet store in wizard city. If you hatch with others you might be able to find other variations.

Austin ShadowBlood, lvl 100
Sean WindSong, lvl 96
Hannah ThunderFlame, lvl 80