Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sacrifice with Incoming and Outgoing heals

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 06, 2011
After I really knew what incoming and outgoing healing was, I was wondering about sacrifice. Incoming is when people heal you, and outgoing is the boost when you heal someone. Sacrifice damages you and then gives you or someone else more health. If I used sacrifice on myself (damage myself and heal myself) would it count as outgoing or incoming?

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
Please allow myself to introduce....myself (sry)

I believe it is considered an incoming heal Katherine. I have faced bosses which have place a healing Trap on me and the heal was reduced significantly.

You could try testing it by removing all the gear that boosts your incoming heals. If you are wearing gear with both in/out heal boosting, remove the incoming heal gear first and retest again.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2009
I believe sacrifice would be incoming towards yourself, and outgoing is when you someone else :]

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
KatherineDragonBla... on Nov 10, 2014 wrote:
After I really knew what incoming and outgoing healing was, I was wondering about sacrifice. Incoming is when people heal you, and outgoing is the boost when you heal someone. Sacrifice damages you and then gives you or someone else more health. If I used sacrifice on myself (damage myself and heal myself) would it count as outgoing or incoming?
I'm pretty sure it is incoming only, given that it is an attack spell (there is no "boost" applied on the way out). However, if others have tested, I could be wrong.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Any heal you cast on yourself applies both incoming and outgoing healing, because outgoing applies to every heal you cast, and incoming applies to every heal you receive (drains don't count as heals). So it would count as both.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Incoming applies to any healy from anywhere. Outgoing applies to spells cast by you. Because of this, any healing cast by you on yourself will always use both multipliers.