Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Secondary for Balance?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 18, 2014
Recently today I've made a balance wizard and I'm wondering what secondary school I should pick, which is the most effective?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It really depends on your play style, whether you pvp and if you have mastery amulets. A lot of Balance go with Myth as secondary. I did Death for mine because I had a mastery amulet from another wizard, and I planned on training death to feint anyways. It came in handy against Balance bosses.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2013
I am currently trying a balance and life with a mastery amulet.

So far it works rather well, especially when in a team-up for a dungeon.

Ran a balance and storm for a while, it was fun but without an amulet, with an amulet would have been much better.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
seethe42 has a point; it really depends on how you play the game.

my sorcerer was my first wizard. i had no idea what i was doing at the time, and i picked fire as a secondary; i ended buying back all of her points at level 80.

imho, the only secondary schools you really need are sun and star, available at level 52+.

a myth mastery amulet (for shatter) is pretty much a requirement for balance to pvp, since we can't wand off shields or weakness; death (to feint) and ice (to tower) are good choices as well.

-v.