Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth best side school distribution?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2014
Well this kind of a confusing topic but I really need help here.I am myth right now level 26 and have 2 training points ( I can make some more though). I spent my training points so far on Spirit Blade, and have gone all the way up to spirit armor in life. I don't know if I should go all the way to satyr. :\ I have been told to get feint and tower shield.
Should I stop in spirit armor ( I personally just wanted sprite and spirit armor) and start on Death for the feint. or should I keep going to satyr and then go for fient.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
MarkGoldblood on Jun 26, 2014 wrote:
Well this kind of a confusing topic but I really need help here.I am myth right now level 26 and have 2 training points ( I can make some more though). I spent my training points so far on Spirit Blade, and have gone all the way up to spirit armor in life. I don't know if I should go all the way to satyr. :\ I have been told to get feint and tower shield.
Should I stop in spirit armor ( I personally just wanted sprite and spirit armor) and start on Death for the feint. or should I keep going to satyr and then go for fient.
I would personally say don't bother with feint. Feint is easily countered with spells such as empower, sacrifice, or shields. Satyr could be useful, but I find that myth at that level doesn't need more than pixie to survive. At magus level, once you get to higher ranks, you will regret not training stun shield and conviction, so if you plan to PvP a lot, I would recommend those. Tower shield is a basic must-have PvP spell, definitely train that. Weakness can also be useful for stopping players that choose not to use single hit spells, although it doesn't necessarily have to be trained, you can put it in your treasure card deck. Infection might be necessary for weakening heals, although doom and glooms in your treasure card deck could possibly work almost as well.

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
MarkGoldblood on Jun 26, 2014 wrote:
I have done magus pvp with all but myth and life (leveling them up right now) and have reached at least commander with all five. These are the spells I use/used with all five of my commander+ ranks

14 of the 16 possible training points you can get by 38 (skipping all side quests)
tower shield - 5 tp
weakness & reshuffle - 4 tp
elemental/spirit blades all but storm - 1 tp (I never use blades with my storm, just monstrous and bubble)
infection - 1 tp
legend shield - 3 tp (for fire, ice, and storm)

the other training points can be spent on...
cloak - 1 tp
stun shield - 1 tp
conviction - 1 tp
sprite 1 - tp if elemental wiz, 4 - tp if spirit wiz

You can also check duelist101.com for all kinds of strategy guides. I've already looked some up for my future magus myth.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Aaron SpellThief on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
I would personally say don't bother with feint. Feint is easily countered with spells such as empower, sacrifice, or shields. Satyr could be useful, but I find that myth at that level doesn't need more than pixie to survive. At magus level, once you get to higher ranks, you will regret not training stun shield and conviction, so if you plan to PvP a lot, I would recommend those. Tower shield is a basic must-have PvP spell, definitely train that. Weakness can also be useful for stopping players that choose not to use single hit spells, although it doesn't necessarily have to be trained, you can put it in your treasure card deck. Infection might be necessary for weakening heals, although doom and glooms in your treasure card deck could possibly work almost as well.
Feint is countered by tower? At best tower reduces it to 85% which is easily overcome by pierce boosts. If anything feint counters shield. Obviously tower shield is important, but feint is just as important as a part of the arsenal.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
seethe42 on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
Feint is countered by tower? At best tower reduces it to 85% which is easily overcome by pierce boosts. If anything feint counters shield. Obviously tower shield is important, but feint is just as important as a part of the arsenal.
With a tower shield and normal base resist, the damage from a feinted attack will usually be reduced to an amount low enough to heal off. If the OP wants to carry feints, it would be possible, and perhaps a better idea, to carry them in the side deck, as feint is generally not the most important spell in PvP. Sure, it can be game-changing, but if the OP gets life and death as he was thinking about doing, he would be missing several key spells for PvP, which could lose him matches. Oh, and I forgot reshuffle in my previous post as well, that is essential for long matches, although it could be carried in the treasure card deck.