Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why PvP is hard to like

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 08, 2014
Well I was playing as my lvl 26 death wiz and I was playing pvp with a friend we are both sgts and we went into a pvp match and it put us up against a lvl 36 warlord and a lvl 40 warlord we tried our best and even stooped as low to use tc to try and beat them. Well they had 40 universal defense and 30 universal attack they both had similar gear the only difference was the pets. I got one to about 1000 health and then his pet cast healing current and it brought him back to 2113. we couldn't even put a dent In their health we died very quick. And now the reasons why pvp is tough to like.

1. tc spammers: I for one think their should be a limit to how high a lvl tc you can use if your a lvl ten you should be able to use tc about 10 lvls higher instead of a bunch of lvl 10s with lvl 70 spells.

2. Pets: certain pet abilities such as healing current Should not be able to activate in pvp I don't care about fairy or unicorn

3. match ups: privates against privates and warlords to warlords instead of one unlucky corporal against a warlord with way better gear
4 Trash talk: not only does it make you seem like a jerk but it makes it even more embarrassing when you lose

5. sore losers: these guys are the one's who trash talk after they lose or report you for cheating.

If you disagree give me a reason why

Survivor
Jun 20, 2010
Ricochety on Jun 24, 2014 wrote:
Well I was playing as my lvl 26 death wiz and I was playing pvp with a friend we are both sgts and we went into a pvp match and it put us up against a lvl 36 warlord and a lvl 40 warlord we tried our best and even stooped as low to use tc to try and beat them. Well they had 40 universal defense and 30 universal attack they both had similar gear the only difference was the pets. I got one to about 1000 health and then his pet cast healing current and it brought him back to 2113. we couldn't even put a dent In their health we died very quick. And now the reasons why pvp is tough to like.

1. tc spammers: I for one think their should be a limit to how high a lvl tc you can use if your a lvl ten you should be able to use tc about 10 lvls higher instead of a bunch of lvl 10s with lvl 70 spells.

2. Pets: certain pet abilities such as healing current Should not be able to activate in pvp I don't care about fairy or unicorn

3. match ups: privates against privates and warlords to warlords instead of one unlucky corporal against a warlord with way better gear
4 Trash talk: not only does it make you seem like a jerk but it makes it even more embarrassing when you lose

5. sore losers: these guys are the one's who trash talk after they lose or report you for cheating.

If you disagree give me a reason why
well pvp i must admit is kinda hard to like but people out there team up come up with a strategy for themselves or their team maybe you should try 1v1 or come up with a better strategy for yourself or your team, pvp was hard for me but i dont play ranked i play practice for my storm he is captain and you might wanna try making a new char and getting your high level to put stuff into the shared bank and he can get all of it out sell it and ta da you have ton of money to buy tc for your lower level char Tristan soulcatcher level 100 hoped this helped you out

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
The only reason you may not like PvP is because you lost. And well, I have to admit, it takes some getting used to. When you start out in PvP you try to duel like a PvE wizard stacking blades and not worrying much about counters. Then, later on after some experience, you get into the tempo of the game. It's even harder becoming good at PvP in team matches because both wizards have to take part in the match.

1) TC spammers should always be allowed in PvP, it's part of the game.
2) I do agree, Energizing Battery (MC Healing Current) is quite a discouraging talent to be up against, and even as an experienced player facing it, it is overpowered.
3) Yeah, the matching system needs a little more tweaking, but right now it's the best it's ever been in a while.
4) and 5) Block PvP chat, turn off chat bubbles, group your friends, and teleport out of the match immediately without saying a word. Problem solved.

Explorer
May 08, 2014
PvP King on Jun 24, 2014 wrote:
The only reason you may not like PvP is because you lost. And well, I have to admit, it takes some getting used to. When you start out in PvP you try to duel like a PvE wizard stacking blades and not worrying much about counters. Then, later on after some experience, you get into the tempo of the game. It's even harder becoming good at PvP in team matches because both wizards have to take part in the match.

1) TC spammers should always be allowed in PvP, it's part of the game.
2) I do agree, Energizing Battery (MC Healing Current) is quite a discouraging talent to be up against, and even as an experienced player facing it, it is overpowered.
3) Yeah, the matching system needs a little more tweaking, but right now it's the best it's ever been in a while.
4) and 5) Block PvP chat, turn off chat bubbles, group your friends, and teleport out of the match immediately without saying a word. Problem solved.
I never said tc spammers weren't allowed I said you should in pvp you can only use tc about 10 levels higher than you that way if your a level ten and your up against a lvl 20 you can still beat them instead of having tc way above your lvl

Survivor
Jan 18, 2013
Finally someone gets the same stuff I am going through! I totally agree with you on the tc, earlier, I was on my lvl 30 Ice character, and I am a private, yet, I am also trying to get to Commander or something higher than Private. Yet every time I try, I get faced with about lvl 20's or 25's using Waith, Scarecrow, Frost Giant, basically spells that are literally lvl 40 and higher. I think this is a major problem in W101, and as I agree with you, about how you can only use it if it is 10 lvls above you. This would make the PvP more fair, and eaiser to be Commander, Warlord, etc. I also agree with you on it only being Private vs. Private etc. This would make it even more fair for everyone. I know that W101 tried to help with it being lvl range but those tc make it still unfair.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
Ricochety on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
I never said tc spammers weren't allowed I said you should in pvp you can only use tc about 10 levels higher than you that way if your a level ten and your up against a lvl 20 you can still beat them instead of having tc way above your lvl
This is true. But I'm going to give a -1 to the TC level limit. There is a reason why. From my understanding the Match-up system is a pain in the rear and won't stop at 10 levels higher or lower. It has gone to at least 30 levels at that point. If this level cap on TC were to be implemented, the level 10 in the scenario wouldn't be able to even deal with the higher level wizard. Trying to mess with the system to make it so that sort of thing won't happen is actually difficult because it would be based on level alone. The warlords of the lower levels would be able to trounce the other lower level PVPers because of their higher skill(mostly higher skill. Heard complaints of bad sports who just use alternate accounts to get rank).

Looking at your other ideas:
2. While I get that healing current is annoying... It really needs to be all healing talents or none.
Logic behind this: More the fact that those who spent the time and effort training for healing current won't want to have to retrain another pet for another talent after all the time and effort.

3. +1 to this. A definite +1

4. Trash talk is a part of the internet unfortunately... But I do agree that it is getting waaaaay out of hand in the arena.

5. Welcome to the internet! Please submit your sanity and you'll get a ticket to have it back once you leave.
In all seriousness sore losers are everywhere in the web and real life. Just one of those things you need to learn to deal with. My advice? As hard as it might be IGNORE IT. And I do know it's hard to ignore but it helps immensely.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Ricochety on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
High level TC's are fine in PvP, all treasure cards should be allowed for all levels except for the obvious Talos, Insane Bolt and Gargantuan TC's. If you can let somebody save up their pips for a high rank spell without defeating them or debuffing them heavily, you're doing something wrong.