Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Ice Spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 12, 2013
i am asking wizard101 to make an ice spell only for ice wizards where it is damage per pip. There (i think) are zero per pip damage spells for ice. Here is what i mean:
Balance: Judgement
Storm:Tempest
Fire: Heck hound
If you have any ideas please reply and let me know.
Isaac Silversword
Lvl 42

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Ice is more of a defense school and thus has per pip defense spells. It's not really fitting for all schools to have X pip attacks. Every school has it's differences and those are reflected in their spells, stats and gear. Making everyone the same takes away from all schools.

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
Ice isn't a school meant for large attacks or high damage. You will never see this.

-The RavenCatcher

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Clever Wizard on May 5, 2014 wrote:
i am asking wizard101 to make an ice spell only for ice wizards where it is damage per pip. There (i think) are zero per pip damage spells for ice. Here is what i mean:
Isaac Silversword
Lvl 42
There is one, but is only on the Rescue Rover pet:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Rescue_Rover

I love the spell, but I'm not sure if they'll ever develop it into a learned school spell.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
Isaac Silversword
Lvl 42
I think that this is a creative idea and I don't mean to shoot you down, but I don't believe this would work out with the current game mechanics. Ice as a school isn't built for this sort of spell, and I fear the addition of this spell might make them legitimately over-powered. Ice wizards have access to many traps, blades, and shields. This might cause a spell like this to do over 2000 damage each time it is cast. Depending upon how much damge the spell does per pip, I think it is unwise to add it to the game.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
Isaac Silversword
Lvl 42
sorry man but i think were good we have frozen armor
but myth and death don't have x level spell of any kind
ice has frozen armor
fire has heck hound
storm tempest
balance judgement
life i forget the name but it a x level heal
see everybody x level
spell go with there school storm all about power fire overtime ice blocking balance copy storm is wt i say and life heals
so if ice got another x spell then it would not be fair to death and myth or the other class is
100 level

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Here's the thing. Ice is stereotypically a DEFENSIVE school. If it were to have an X-pip offensive spell, it would have to be fairly weak in order to maintain the balance of the other X-pip spells based off of school damage. I'm not saying Ice shouldn't have one, I'm saying it needs to be balanced. The following schools don't have an offensive x-pip spell: Death, Ice, Life, and Myth. People object to new X-pip spells for various reasons, but the kicker is, if Ice gets an offensive one, then Myth, Life, and Death should as well. All of that said, I seriously doubt they'll do any more X-pip spells. I have been very vocal about the fact that some schools get ripped off in X-pip spells, either but not having one, or having one that really doesn't make any sense.

if they do new spells, here are some options:

Ice & Life would get basic hit spells
Myth would get a 2 hit spell (20% damage + 80% damage)
Death would get a Life Sap spell

Of course, I say this knowing full well people will flood this suggestion with "if ice gets one, then I want my school(s) to get new ones too or else it's not fair! They better not be stronger than Storm or else it's OP!!" etc etc etc

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Isaac Silversword
Lvl 42
Frozen Armor and Ice Armor are 'per pip,' but they aren't attack spells.

My question: What about life, death, and myth?

Historian
May 15, 2009
ice doesn't have a x damage spell, but it does have ice armor, which gives X amount of shield per pip

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
sliver moon wolf on May 5, 2014 wrote:
sorry man but i think were good we have frozen armor
but myth and death don't have x level spell of any kind
ice has frozen armor
fire has heck hound
storm tempest
balance judgement
life i forget the name but it a x level heal
see everybody x level
spell go with there school storm all about power fire overtime ice blocking balance copy storm is wt i say and life heals
so if ice got another x spell then it would not be fair to death and myth or the other class is
100 level
Death has "animate"

just saying.

-The RavenCatcher