Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 98 Moon Spells - 4 Rounds?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2010
Hi Wizards!
Today I'm going to talk to you about the recent 98 moon spells. Quite a bummer, eh? I don't get why we should, or would buy a moon spell, that does not go according to our school. The pips you need are four, but excluding the use of power pips. (Four pips for 400 or less damage, and some special move!) That means you have to wait 4 turns. Nice. As I mentioned before, I'm totally not going to the crown shop and buying a moon amulet, just for a cheap spell! Makes sense to be dropped, or be sold on gold. But I don't even think we should be getting to the amulet stuff until KI makes more relatively, good, imaginative, useful, moon spells.

Four Reasons Why You Should NOT Buy the Moon Spell
  • Costs one training point, not free
  • You have to wait a plain FOUR rounds for it to be casted
  • Most of the special moves are worthless, unless you use that first in battle
  • Weak damage, wouldn't be used in PVE, you can use your level 10 spell

But then again, it is not my opinion whether or not to buy that spell. I'm am just giving you a heads up, before you get shocked.

Good day Wizards!

"The fun in the game is not about how fast you win, it's about having the experience to win."

Historian
May 06, 2009
Angel Hunter on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
Hi Wizards!
Today I'm going to talk to you about the recent 98 moon spells. Quite a bummer, eh? I don't get why we should, or would buy a moon spell, that does not go according to our school. The pips you need are four, but excluding the use of power pips. (Four pips for 400 or less damage, and some special move!) That means you have to wait 4 turns. Nice. As I mentioned before, I'm totally not going to the crown shop and buying a moon amulet, just for a cheap spell! Makes sense to be dropped, or be sold on gold. But I don't even think we should be getting to the amulet stuff until KI makes more relatively, good, imaginative, useful, moon spells.

Four Reasons Why You Should NOT Buy the Moon Spell
  • Costs one training point, not free
  • You have to wait a plain FOUR rounds for it to be casted
  • Most of the special moves are worthless, unless you use that first in battle
  • Weak damage, wouldn't be used in PVE, you can use your level 10 spell

But then again, it is not my opinion whether or not to buy that spell. I'm am just giving you a heads up, before you get shocked.

Good day Wizards!

"The fun in the game is not about how fast you win, it's about having the experience to win."
I have to disagree with you.

First off, Shift spells only cost 3 pips so you're really only waiting for 3 rounds, not 4.
Second, Shift spells have 100% Accuracy, which means you're guaranteed the damage you're going to deal.
Third, Shift spells are much stronger than all the school's Rank 3 spells and come with a helpful after-effect,

While they might come with training point cost, many schools may benefit from there after-effects and get to dish some off school damage.

Moon spells will use Traps that correlate with the damage they deal like Balance's Hydra. They can also be enchanted. So, if powered right, someone can deal well over 1000-2000 damage for only 3 pips.

I think it would've benefited the Moon school and every other school if they could've had Universal Power Pip usage, but hey, it's not like they're ineffective. For a guaranteed hit, fair damage if powered well, and a neat after effect, I think it's worth it to at least get 1.

And some players may have a favorite Mob natural attack, so getting one is like seeing your favorite move over and over again. I know the Dread Paladin is one of my favorite attack animations, and will definitely be on my list of Shift spells to get.

Also, don't forget the potential of these spells! Shift spells turn you into a creature and allow you to preform they're natural attack for one round right? Think if we could shift into the Immortals of Aquila? Shift Apollo, Shift Zues, Shift Ares, Shift Poseidon, Shiftt Hades! The possibilities are powerful!