Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Light Magic

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 06, 2014
So shadow magic got me thinking; what if there were some sort of light magic?

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Wouldn't that already be Celestial magic? You know... sun, moon, stars?

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
I posted about this a while back. It makes sense to me that Shadow Magic would have a sister school known as Light Magic, and I went into depth about what I felt like it could do. If it were to be implemented, I would like to see it as a sort of enchantment school that buffs existing attack spells.

Rather than directly buffing the accuracy and pierce or damage of a spell, Light Magic could focus on giving existing spells useful bonus effects to the current spell. In other words, Light spells would be enchantments that read things such as "Adds a Stun all enemies effect to 1 attack spell", "Adds a 3 pip removal effect to 1 attack spell", "Adds a 2 blade removal effect to 1 attack spell", etc.

Some things that could be used as added effects include but are not limited to: Accuracy loss, blade removal, ward removal, stun effects, damage over time effects, weakness/plague effects, infections, pip removal effects, and trap effects. Just something I feel would make things interesting in game, especially in PvP.

The added effects may also increase the pip cost or decrease the damage of some spells to keep the game balanced. Could you imagine a Sirens that could use all of its original abilities and on top of that remove pips or even stun? Way too overpowered. For spells like these I recommend that spells that already have either stun, pip removal, or accuracy effects should replace each other rather than stacking with each other. Hope this helps!

-Aerier

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
gtarhannon on Apr 14, 2014 wrote:
Wouldn't that already be Celestial magic? You know... sun, moon, stars?
well yes and no,

yes: well actualy even from the start of morganthes storyline celestian magic could be light magic since its first introduced and well they all shine in the night

no: they are devided, if you want power, you must need unificacion ( ok poetry time )

aaaand why not have light magic? ittle teach a lesson like and or and even and

isaac goldheart lvl 23

admiral of the healing unit
golden army

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
lifedude2002 on Apr 20, 2014 wrote:
well yes and no,

yes: well actualy even from the start of morganthes storyline celestian magic could be light magic since its first introduced and well they all shine in the night

no: they are devided, if you want power, you must need unificacion ( ok poetry time )

aaaand why not have light magic? ittle teach a lesson like and or and even and

isaac goldheart lvl 23

admiral of the healing unit
golden army
"aaaand why not have light magic? ittle teach a lesson like and or and even and "

LOL. Well, it is hard to argue with that reasoning. I wasn't trying to be flippant, I was really not sure where the OP was going with it. ;)

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
gtarhannon on Apr 20, 2014 wrote:
"aaaand why not have light magic? ittle teach a lesson like and or and even and "

LOL. Well, it is hard to argue with that reasoning. I wasn't trying to be flippant, I was really not sure where the OP was going with it. ;)
lol, but really why not