Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

People wearing warlord gear with no battle history

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 16, 2013
Today I fought not one but 2 people wearing the warlord gear with private status. I figured they ranked down but I saw them back in the lobby after. He has no ranked matches win or lost. I had always believed that at some point you had to be a warlord to equip the gear.

Is he cheating, is this a reportable offense? Or is this a situation that have been over looked as I find this to be really unfair. Needless to say I still won, but still. I find this as an abusive situation as they have no intention of doing ranked but to be mean to players in practice just trying to have fun.

Please shed some light as I am totally confused right now.

Thank you

Defender
Dec 08, 2012
What you CAN'T see is the person's 1st AGE status. There are 2 ages of PvP, the 1st Age and 2nd Age, what you saw was the SECOND AGE. That person must of been a Warlord in the 1st Age of PvP. You'll see somewhere in the Update Notes where they mentioned that they stopped the 1st Age and started a 2nd Age. I'm unsure of the month nor year that they did it 'cause I don't feel like look back in it (LOL) but you can look back in the Update Notes starting here. So once again to answer your question, that person is a 1st Age PvP Warlord, that's the part that you are unable to see. The only part you're able to see now is the 2nd Age status. Also, that is not reportable because he has been a Warlord during the 1st Age. I hope this had shed some light on your confusion. I'm not a PvP'er but I do know a lot about Wizard101 and 1st Age and 2nd Age is part of what I know. I hope this helped :)

I'm always curious about new things. When I get curious, I search. When I search, I learn and with learning I remember. Sometimes it pays to look back in the Update Notes to learn and expand your knowledge and also search things up that you do not know of. Also, read the Help Pages in Wizard101, they also help. I hope you've learned something new about 1st Age and 2nd Age in PvP :)

Explorer
Aug 25, 2012
You only have to be warlord to buy the gear, not wear it.

The people you fought probably had the gear during the first age, then didn't do any PvP till now.

He isn't cheating, and no, its not a reportable offense.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
EmmaJA on Mar 19, 2014 wrote:
Today I fought not one but 2 people wearing the warlord gear with private status. I figured they ranked down but I saw them back in the lobby after. He has no ranked matches win or lost. I had always believed that at some point you had to be a warlord to equip the gear.

Is he cheating, is this a reportable offense? Or is this a situation that have been over looked as I find this to be really unfair. Needless to say I still won, but still. I find this as an abusive situation as they have no intention of doing ranked but to be mean to players in practice just trying to have fun.

Thank you
I think you can get that outfit from a pack in the crown shop.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010

Thank you
they may have the gear from the early pvp days and have no rank in todays pvp. Or they got the gear and ranked down. IMO if you dont have warlord title then you should not be able to put on the pvp gear its unequipped.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
I think you have to be a warlord to BUY tne gear. He could have gotten warlord in the first age, bought thegear, and got reset.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011

Thank you
Warlord gear? Or commander gear? Sorry, there is a difference..lol if they have Commander gear it is likely that they won it in the first age and had it from that time. Warlord gear however, was only obtainable in the 2nd age of PvP.

Wolf Skullslinger