Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Highest Level Achieved With No Membership

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 27, 2011
As far as I have experienced, the highest level possible with no membership is about level 12. Though I have met people who got to about level 16. Someone on my friend list is claiming to have gotten to about 30 with no membership or crown areas. And is now 37 from completing only Wizard City, including the membership areas in Wizard City. Obviously, I don't believe it. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Seth NightFlame 95

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Technically, you could reach level 95 without leaving Wizard City. It would take a really really long time, but you always receive XP from battle.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2013
You can do winterbane and pagoda 2 times each which gives a lot of experience. Also each dungeon you do can be done 2 times to gain the same xp. Also people without membership or crown areas tend to do kraken all day which gives them experience from battle. Once they become lvl 20 they have free access to the first parts of grizzle.

So yes it is possible to reach any lvl without membership, even max lvl. it may take 50 years to get max lvl but yes it is possible. LvL 25 is quite normal for no membership

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
EmmaJA on Mar 18, 2014 wrote:
You can do winterbane and pagoda 2 times each which gives a lot of experience. Also each dungeon you do can be done 2 times to gain the same xp. Also people without membership or crown areas tend to do kraken all day which gives them experience from battle. Once they become lvl 20 they have free access to the first parts of grizzle.

So yes it is possible to reach any lvl without membership, even max lvl. it may take 50 years to get max lvl but yes it is possible. LvL 25 is quite normal for no membership
Possible vs. Plausible. The likelihood of someone actually achieving level 30 with no membership is too minimal. The highest level I have seen from someone who I know never had membership was 21/22, but he had been playing since the first year Wizard101 came out and took him the better part of the past 5 years to reach that. So someone who told me he has been playing 1-2 years couldn't possibly get to 30, in my opinion.

Also, since when was parts of Grizzleheim free for reaching level 20? Because when I don't have membership, I can say for a fact I cannot get to Grizzleheim (and I am above level 20).

So yes, technically any level is possible with no membership. But realistically, you think someone is going to sit there and keep fighting endlessly to get to 30? That would take about 2 years with barely any breaks according to my math.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Mello Lily on Mar 18, 2014 wrote:
Possible vs. Plausible. The likelihood of someone actually achieving level 30 with no membership is too minimal. The highest level I have seen from someone who I know never had membership was 21/22, but he had been playing since the first year Wizard101 came out and took him the better part of the past 5 years to reach that. So someone who told me he has been playing 1-2 years couldn't possibly get to 30, in my opinion.

Also, since when was parts of Grizzleheim free for reaching level 20? Because when I don't have membership, I can say for a fact I cannot get to Grizzleheim (and I am above level 20).

So yes, technically any level is possible with no membership. But realistically, you think someone is going to sit there and keep fighting endlessly to get to 30? That would take about 2 years with barely any breaks according to my math.
You're grossly exaggerating the amount of time it would take. According to the math it would take 379 hours of gameplay doing nothing but casting a wand every 30 seconds. That's about 16 days without breaks. Even playing for only 2 hours a day it would take only 6 months. And that's without adding in ANY quests or casting spells that use pips and give more XP. So for it to take 2 years would mean you only played for less than 30 mins a day, a FAR cry from your claim.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
Level 12 is where my characters usually go up to before actually needing a membership. All of my friends are pretty much are around the same area, and there's a reason. The Bell Curve is usually level 12 with those who put a little work in their characters before unleashing them into the last of the 3 streets (what I did, anyway). Level 16+ is those who apparently can't get memberships, and 10- are those who either already have memberships currently or who just like to start off with memberships.

Melissa Smith
Magus Sorcerer
Honorary Engineer

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
seethe42 on Mar 18, 2014 wrote:
You're grossly exaggerating the amount of time it would take. According to the math it would take 379 hours of gameplay doing nothing but casting a wand every 30 seconds. That's about 16 days without breaks. Even playing for only 2 hours a day it would take only 6 months. And that's without adding in ANY quests or casting spells that use pips and give more XP. So for it to take 2 years would mean you only played for less than 30 mins a day, a FAR cry from your claim.
125,315 experience needed to get from level 12 to level 30. Assuming with low level spells and not using TC, a low level person gets about 60 experience per boss fight. So that would take 2,089 boss fights to get from level 12 to 30. No one has that much diligence. They would get bored with it way before that or just end up finding a way to get membership to continue questing. So yes, it is possible to do it, but again, too much time and too much boredom for someone with no membership. And no one would spend 2 hours a day just sitting there killing bosses, they spend too much time porting to friend's houses and hanging out. In conclusion though, if someone seriously spends the time to get to level 35+ with no membership or paid areas, then that is just plain sad.

Side note, I also have reason to believe this kid is lying because he was complaining about how it is his birthday and how his parents neglect him and pulling the self-pity card... funny he would do that around me after I gifted people mounts for a contest I had. Suspicious?

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
There are those three towers in raven wood during Halloween. If you save your gold and use the bazaar you may be geared well enough to run the second tower. idk.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Mello Lily on Mar 18, 2014 wrote:
125,315 experience needed to get from level 12 to level 30. Assuming with low level spells and not using TC, a low level person gets about 60 experience per boss fight. So that would take 2,089 boss fights to get from level 12 to 30. No one has that much diligence. They would get bored with it way before that or just end up finding a way to get membership to continue questing. So yes, it is possible to do it, but again, too much time and too much boredom for someone with no membership. And no one would spend 2 hours a day just sitting there killing bosses, they spend too much time porting to friend's houses and hanging out. In conclusion though, if someone seriously spends the time to get to level 35+ with no membership or paid areas, then that is just plain sad.

Side note, I also have reason to believe this kid is lying because he was complaining about how it is his birthday and how his parents neglect him and pulling the self-pity card... funny he would do that around me after I gifted people mounts for a contest I had. Suspicious?
I never said that anyone would do it. Only that it was a lot easier than you claimed. Most likely the person was a member who lost subscription so no longer had access to areas they had already quested. I also never said a word about bosses. You get the same XP from killing street mobs as you do for killing bosses. It's 3 XP per spell minimum or 3 XP per pip including fizzles and pet casts.

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
seethe42 on Mar 19, 2014 wrote:
I never said that anyone would do it. Only that it was a lot easier than you claimed. Most likely the person was a member who lost subscription so no longer had access to areas they had already quested. I also never said a word about bosses. You get the same XP from killing street mobs as you do for killing bosses. It's 3 XP per spell minimum or 3 XP per pip including fizzles and pet casts.
I said boss fights because more spells tend to be used since it takes longer, and I was testing it with my low level character. I looked up information and tested out experience on my low level.

My main point though, if someone level 30-35 says they got that high with no membership, is it believable? Not so much as possible, but believable.

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
BalanceMythHarmony on Mar 18, 2014 wrote:
Level 12 is where my characters usually go up to before actually needing a membership. All of my friends are pretty much are around the same area, and there's a reason. The Bell Curve is usually level 12 with those who put a little work in their characters before unleashing them into the last of the 3 streets (what I did, anyway). Level 16+ is those who apparently can't get memberships, and 10- are those who either already have memberships currently or who just like to start off with memberships.

Melissa Smith
Magus Sorcerer
Honorary Engineer
Well, with the new house dungeons you can get experience from twice, and the lost pages event, and the Halloween events, I am thinking levels 13-16 (maybe 17 at most) is reasonable for someone with no subscription.

Survivor
Oct 27, 2012
i got to level 30 in about 6 months playing 3 hours a day

Explorer
Aug 25, 2012
I've personally gotten to level 22 without membership, while a few of my friends got to level 40(one of which got a one month membership and is now max level).

You just need to have persistence to level up without a membership..plus winterbane and pagoda farming helps.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
When I had no membership the highest I ever got was level 18 because I kept battling over and over and over and over and over......etc... I mean it is possible to reach 100 with no membership just probably 99.9999999% unlikely. Its just like the chance of winning the lottery, getting struck by lightning, and having a meteor crash into your house at the SAME time. Extremely unlikely!!!!
Megan Stormmmask lvl. 47

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Is there even a point in leveling up without a membership? The point of playing the game is to have fun and farming the Kraken (or other bosses) all day long doesn't seem enjoyable in my opinion.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Magus

Explorer
May 02, 2012
its possible. I remember when i started doing cyclops lane i was level 20 or something XD.

Andrea DragonTamer
level 68 , , , &

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Its very possible to achive a high level even without a membership... It would be very time consuming though. My friend is a level 23 without a membership.

Defender
Jun 13, 2012
Angela Gem on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:
Its very possible to achive a high level even without a membership... It would be very time consuming though. My friend is a level 23 without a membership.
I have free-to-play friends about lvl 20-30 by now, this is very achievable.

Squire
May 10, 2013
You could reach level 100 with no membership, but that would take a very long time.
Without doing Winterbane or Pagoda, I'd say around 10-20.

But there are a lot of tips and tricks to level you up.
Do the Kraken at least 5 times on the weekends or breaks.
Farming the Kraken 60,000 times can get you almost to level 30-38,
+ Max Gold.
Max Gold can be perfect for spamming tc in PVP,
Gear, and Pets in the Silent Marketing of Khrysalis (You need a membership)