Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

!help! Zafaria Crafting quest!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 06, 2011
I am level 82 fire wizard and i have been dying to get the avalon crafted gear! But it has been such a struggle! I have had this quest for so long and it is really annoying and i just want to get it done. I have all the reagents except the drums and i need so many fossils its not funny. They are rare and i really need some help completing this quest! I havnt made a single drum and i really need some help! Anyone have any tips or a way to get them quickly? Or maybe if someone had some to sell :)
Thx for the help guys :)
Matthew Deathrider lvl 82 fire
Tristan Hexeyes lvl 83 balance
Brynn lvl 42 life
Chase lvl 26 myth
Wolf Iceflame lvl 19 ice
Wolf Stormflame lvl 20 Storm

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Go buy the fossil transmute spell from Balthazar Dragonthorn, Avery Templeton, or Kimba Kalla. The go get some stone blocks. Set up a couple of stone block collecting circuits and realm hop, best part is periodically you will get a rare harvest fossil from collecting the stone blocks. Good luck.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Reagent:Transmute_Fossil

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
If the fossils are your main concern...

The transmutate recipe, as stated above is very helpful

Also, stone blocks give fossils as a rare harvest

So, if you have access to stone town, which you should be close to, you can do th ecircuit, switching realms each time you finish,a nd collect a massive amount of stone, and some fossils along with them.

You can also do the sidewalk circuit in Crab Alley which gives numerous stone blocks as well

Survivor
May 06, 2011
Thanks for the reply guys!
i looked into it and i think i added up and i need something like 900 stone to get the needed amount of fossils? is this correct? and if so isn't it going to take a mass amount of time?

Explorer
Nov 27, 2011
I´m in that quest to, i got problem with aether, and also fossils. I usually walk in Stone town and there you find at least 3 stone blocks, and 1 sandstone (To craft each drum you need nine sunstone). Well, change realms and you'll get a lot of stone block, rarely drop fossil and you use stone block to transmute them. If you get tired of walking, you can defeat halfang bristlecrown, lots of times. He drops a nice amount of things, if you sell them you can get a lot of money you can use to buy either stone blocks or fossil. I already crafted one spirit caller drum, and maybe you can be lucky just like me, i found a confa drum in bazaar .
Good Luck!
Richard FrostBreeze level 75

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
I ran the Stone Town circuit last night and this morning to scoop up stuff for both the Zafaria crafting quest and for crafting the Goat Monk spell. I only ran on "perfect" realms. Took me between two and a half and three hours to get all the stone blocks and fossils I needed for the Conga Drums.

Legendary Artisan badge and Goat Monk recipe are in hand. --(celebrates for a moment then steels herself to plant and cajole LOTS of Deadly Ninja Figs, King Parsleys, Red Bell Peppers, Red Huckleberries, and White Tiger Lilies into dropping enough amber)--

Miranda Nightsinger, Transcendent Necromancer
Calamity Windbane, Magus Diviner

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
I would suggest doing an internet search for locations to farm Stone Blocks. I did this, and in the process of farming so many Stone Blocks, I was able to collect many Fossils as well. It took me several days, but I did it! This is not an easy quest, but if you are willing to put the time in, you will achieve your goal. Good luck!

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
15% stone blocks you get are fossils.

there are multiple fossils in the spiral

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
This is just one of those quests you dread the entire game till you pass it. I am on it too, as a level 85 storm dying to get Avalon crafted gear as well.