Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School of Time?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 16, 2009
This was probably suggested a million times in the past, but here it is again with my own spin to the suggestion. My idea for the school of time is that the school would be able to influence the flow of battle, affect pip count, everyone's deck, etc. Things like that. Some of those may seem overpowered but there will be some drawbacks to some of the more powerful spells.

Spell Ideas:
Restart - 2 pips, targets all players/monsters in battle. Resets everyone's deck to the state it was at the beginning of the battle. (This is essentially a global reshuffle) May only be used once per battle.

Paradox - 0 pips, Targets single opponent. The spell adds up the target's and the players pips together. The player and target each get half of that total amount of pips.

Counterclock - 0 pips, can be used at anytime*, counters current spell being used and sends it back to the spell's owner.

Fast Clock - 0 pips, target self only. Allows you to go first the next round. If this spell was used by multiple people, the person who used it last goes first, then the person who used it before him goes and that chain continues.

Slow Clock - 0 pips, single target. Forces the target to go last in the next round. If multiple instances of this spell is used, the turn order is altered from who was target last to the person who was targeted first.

Quicken - 0 pips, target self only. Allows you to cast two spells next round. Stuns self for 1 round afterwards, does not give stun shield.

Time Lag - 1 pip, single target. Target gets stunned for 2 rounds, gives target 2 stun shields.

Time Travel - X pips, target self only. Acts like Quicken, except it allows you to cast X many spells next turn depending on specified amount. Pips are consumed by the defined amount of spells the player wants to cast next round. The player will also get X -1 (x minus one), stuns after the next round with one stun shield given to self. Not a spell to be used lightly.

Time Element - X pips, single target, including allies. Puts a damage/heal over time counter on the target. Damage is 200 damage per pip, heal is 225 per pip. The damage over time is dependent on the player's main school. Life, Balance, Storm, and Fire wizards may target an ally for a heal over time instead of damage.

*This is a new type of spell called a counter. Counters can be used on damaging spells only.
Monster Spells (unobtainable by players):
Cog Throw - 2 pips, single target. Deals 400 damage.

Gear Grind - 3 pips, single target. Deals 300 + 270 damage. (90 damage over per turn)

Natural Attack (time) - X pips, single target. Deals 150 per pip.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Spark Plasma on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
This was probably suggested a million times in the past, but here it is again with my own spin to the suggestion. My idea for the school of time is that the school would be able to influence the flow of battle, affect pip count, everyone's deck, etc. Things like that. Some of those may seem overpowered but there will be some drawbacks to some of the more powerful spells.

Spell Ideas:
Restart - 2 pips, targets all players/monsters in battle. Resets everyone's deck to the state it was at the beginning of the battle. (This is essentially a global reshuffle) May only be used once per battle.

Paradox - 0 pips, Targets single opponent. The spell adds up the target's and the players pips together. The player and target each get half of that total amount of pips.

Counterclock - 0 pips, can be used at anytime*, counters current spell being used and sends it back to the spell's owner.

Fast Clock - 0 pips, target self only. Allows you to go first the next round. If this spell was used by multiple people, the person who used it last goes first, then the person who used it before him goes and that chain continues.

Slow Clock - 0 pips, single target. Forces the target to go last in the next round. If multiple instances of this spell is used, the turn order is altered from who was target last to the person who was targeted first.

Quicken - 0 pips, target self only. Allows you to cast two spells next round. Stuns self for 1 round afterwards, does not give stun shield.

Time Lag - 1 pip, single target. Target gets stunned for 2 rounds, gives target 2 stun shields.

Time Travel - X pips, target self only. Acts like Quicken, except it allows you to cast X many spells next turn depending on specified amount. Pips are consumed by the defined amount of spells the player wants to cast next round. The player will also get X -1 (x minus one), stuns after the next round with one stun shield given to self. Not a spell to be used lightly.

Time Element - X pips, single target, including allies. Puts a damage/heal over time counter on the target. Damage is 200 damage per pip, heal is 225 per pip. The damage over time is dependent on the player's main school. Life, Balance, Storm, and Fire wizards may target an ally for a heal over time instead of damage.

*This is a new type of spell called a counter. Counters can be used on damaging spells only.

Gear Grind - 3 pips, single target. Deals 300 + 270 damage. (90 damage over per turn)

What on earth do cogs & gear have to do with time magic? Besides, even if they were relevant, 2 pips for 400 damage is OP

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
What on earth do cogs & gear have to do with time magic? Besides, even if they were relevant, 2 pips for 400 damage is OP
It's referencing the fact that usually time is represented by clocks. Clever idea for that. Albeit to compensate for the high damage a high fizzle rate would probably be introduced

Defender
Jun 24, 2009

Spell Ideas:

Ok first thing... ignore my comment about high fizzle rate for the cog attacks. Forgot that they were monster only so us players can't use them. Now with that said, I seriously like this idea and these are my more concrete thoughts on it.

1) Counterclock: This would probably cause a ton of complainers, most likely pvp, to beg for it to be nerfed but a counter is a fun strategy to pull off no matter what game you play... and it most likely would be used well within the game.

2) Time Travel: I liked the aspect that you actually take a hit while using this spell and only get one freebie instead off all the other stun shields you'd get. However what confuses me is that an amount of the pips will be used up but you can cast that many spells during your next turn. Is there something that will actually allow the player to cast that many spells within Time Travel or will they be limited by the amount of pips left?

3) Overall: Alright I could definitely see myself using this school. With the spell ideas you've presented, it would be an awesome time just messing with the battlefield and I especially liked the fact that you presented different methods of messing with time as attacks. Speeding it up, slowing it down, heck even causing paradoxes! It's highly unlikely that KI will add a new school in at this point with the introduction of shadow but given enough time they'll probably add another one as well and I hope it's this one

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
SO many Dr. Who fans would want to be part of the school of time

Defender
Mar 08, 2013

Spell Ideas:

If you're saying time as a type of,, orspell, then it could work. But if you're asking for a new type of character, it probably would never happen. The schools are in groups of 2 and 3, element/spirit, fire/ice, life/death, and storm/myth. Balance is of course only exception. KI would have to make at least 2 more(if you count as one of the schools be the opposite of balance).

Explorer
Apr 13, 2013
I say that a spell there could be battle time turn. It would make it that if the bad guy would be up with his spell first, it would let you go first. It takes 5 pips since it's so cool. It wold go like this: Spell, giant clock comes to the center, turns arond, the ground shakes. The bad guy doesn't do his turn for the next round. From then on, you start the round with your spells. I hope that this would be a good spell.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
David DeathFlame on Jan 1, 2014 wrote:
If you're saying time as a type of,, orspell, then it could work. But if you're asking for a new type of character, it probably would never happen. The schools are in groups of 2 and 3, element/spirit, fire/ice, life/death, and storm/myth. Balance is of course only exception. KI would have to make at least 2 more(if you count as one of the schools be the opposite of balance).
no opposite of balance is balance it cannot have an opposite

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
critical blizzard on Jan 1, 2014 wrote:
no opposite of balance is balance it cannot have an opposite
Entropy (chaos type of school) is an opposite to balance. From elementsthegame.com, the three would be time, entropy, aether.

"A time elemental have the control over the order of events, he can slow down his opponents, reverse his actions, or hasten himself."
"Aether is the domain of the immortal things; it is where the stars reside and the media where all the energy waves move. Aether elemental excel in manipulating the dimensions and electricity; most of their creatures they generate are immaterial."
"Entropy is randomness; it is that thing that makes a glass unfixable once shattered. Entropy elementals deal with disarray and chaotic creatures; they love to confuse their opponents and gamble with luck and probabilities."

I know the grammar isn't the best, but it's what it says. These are the descriptions to the elements from the website. Time and Aether are opposites and Entropy is the opposite to gravity(their balance element). I hope this made it more clear.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
Needs an opposite, and I would like to see anyone come up with ideas for a "School of Space."

This is not bad, however. Probably couldn't be a starter/main class, however. (Like Fire, Ice, Myth, Storm, Death, Life, Balance.)

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
David DeathFlame on Jan 4, 2014 wrote:
Entropy (chaos type of school) is an opposite to balance. From elementsthegame.com, the three would be time, entropy, aether.

"A time elemental have the control over the order of events, he can slow down his opponents, reverse his actions, or hasten himself."
"Aether is the domain of the immortal things; it is where the stars reside and the media where all the energy waves move. Aether elemental excel in manipulating the dimensions and electricity; most of their creatures they generate are immaterial."
"Entropy is randomness; it is that thing that makes a glass unfixable once shattered. Entropy elementals deal with disarray and chaotic creatures; they love to confuse their opponents and gamble with luck and probabilities."

I know the grammar isn't the best, but it's what it says. These are the descriptions to the elements from the website. Time and Aether are opposites and Entropy is the opposite to gravity(their balance element). I hope this made it more clear.
just no balance cannot have an opposite in wizard101 it having an opposite school causes more problems then it would stop

Hero
Nov 14, 2010

Spell Ideas:

as much as we would like time magic it cannot be a main school perhaps chronomancy (time magic) will be side school in the third arc

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
I have thought about this idea too and thought about some of these spells before. I really like the idea and perhaps this might be implemented like how Astral Schools and Shadow Magic was incorporated. In a certain world at later levels but not as a primary school.

Keep up the new spell ideas for time!

Luke Spritehammer- Currently a Level 64 Legendary in Zafaria

Survivor
Nov 21, 2012
Balance princess on Jan 1, 2014 wrote:
SO many Dr. Who fans would want to be part of the school of time
Whovian in the house!
-Talon Griffinshade (extreme whovian)

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
David DeathFlame on Jan 4, 2014 wrote:

I thought I was the only one who plays W101 & Elements! But you forgot Gravity. Maybe since Aether is the zone of nothingness & stasis. And since Time controls the real world. They should be opposites.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2011
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
I wouldn't call 2 pips for 400 damage OP looking at storm's wild bolt that can do 1000 damage for only 2 pips.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2011
I love all of these ideas and really wish they were added tot he game. It would be awesome to be able to counter attacks. But i think that spell that allows you to use as many hits as pips you have should not be able to be used in pvp because it would practically be an automatic win for the person who uses it. But the rest is AMAZING!!!!!