Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

2 People being manipulated by same person?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
I was in a 2v2 match, and a friend and I noticed that our two opponents were acting strange, it looked like they both knew what they were going to cast and the second one served as a "puppet". The second one shielded the first wizard and provided it with charms. Of course, my friend and I lost the battle because these two people were obviously controlled by one person.

At the end of the match, both opponents had the same ranking, and same rates. That only brought our suspicion up more. I am only posting this just to raise to awareness about what is going on in PVP matches and just want to point out that it is not very fair.

I lost points from my rating to somebody who likes to cheat.

I am also concerned about those Novices becoming PVP Warlords, how does that happen?

It usually takes somebody who is more advanced to be in a rank like that, by why are Novices there?

I would guess that a level 50+ could be a Warlord, but a level 5? That makes no sense.

I just wanted these two things brought to others attention and I would like a reply on how those Novices get to Warlord, it's confusing.

Survivor
Nov 20, 2009
As annoying as it may be, they did nothing against the rules lol
also why cant a level 5 be warlord? some people enoy magus and grandmaster pvp and others enjoy pvping at low levels

Survivor
May 19, 2012
In regards to the first occurrence there are a couple of options. they may just pvp together constantly. they could have been in group chat so they knew what the other was casting. when my friend and I would pvp together we discuss beforehand how to handle it. I normally blade, shield, and heal. she attacks. doesn't mean we are cheating.
as to the rest, I dunno lol

Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
Puppeting is a strategy that is used by cheaters, it consists of a high-rank wizard and a low level wizard. Because of how the PvP system used to work, puppets dragged in low level wizards and the high level wizard could easily finish them off, for easy points.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Jade Auxiliatrix on Dec 28, 2013 wrote:
I was in a 2v2 match, and a friend and I noticed that our two opponents were acting strange, it looked like they both knew what they were going to cast and the second one served as a "puppet". The second one shielded the first wizard and provided it with charms. Of course, my friend and I lost the battle because these two people were obviously controlled by one person.

At the end of the match, both opponents had the same ranking, and same rates. That only brought our suspicion up more. I am only posting this just to raise to awareness about what is going on in PVP matches and just want to point out that it is not very fair.

I lost points from my rating to somebody who likes to cheat.

I am also concerned about those Novices becoming PVP Warlords, how does that happen?

It usually takes somebody who is more advanced to be in a rank like that, by why are Novices there?

I would guess that a level 50+ could be a Warlord, but a level 5? That makes no sense.

I just wanted these two things brought to others attention and I would like a reply on how those Novices get to Warlord, it's confusing.
Puppetting, at least as I have heard it called, is when 2 or more players team together when they have a large difference in rank or level. From what you have said, it does not sound like these players were puppetting. Also, why are you discriminating against novices? I don't personally play novice pvp, but novices should have just as much chance of being a warlord as anyone else. Novices generally use resist gear and pets, along with high level treasure cards. I don't really think there is anything wrong with their strategy. They could just be friends pvping together, one supporting the other, the other attacking.

Explorer
Jul 24, 2010
Ahh I remember having a battle like that. Me and my friend were dueling 2 wizards. We didn't know at that time of course, that it was the same person controlling each wizard. I remember having a chat with them after the battle, after he wrecked us. Pretty nice guy, even though we asked a lot of questions. (Manly my friend, I was just sitting back quietly watching, and answering a question every once in a while.)

-As always, take care on the Battlefield. (Credit goes to Bohemian Eagle for that catchphrase :P)

-Hunter Wildcatcher Level 79

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
i think 2v2'ing like that is a great strategy! also consider that they might have just been two people in the same room. but do you know how hard it is to fight with two characters in the 30 second time limit? the answer is: hard. so you have a big drawback and you still think it's "cheating?"

and on the novice point, I hope you are simply referring to these 2v2ers as novices, but if they are ~1-4 or so, why can't they wear the warlord badge just as you or I?

GabrielAshcaller (and wolfAshcaller, novice captain)

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I have had matches like this, though they can be commonly mistaken as being controlled by multiple people, for example me and my friend Hunter do level 12 balance pvp (we are both balance) and we have the same deck setup, side deck etc. It doesn't take yourself and two accounts to act accordingly it just takes teamwork as said above. (By the way that can be so common it can go to double-boxing, triple-boxing, and if they can get it in the 30 seconds quad-boxing).

Hope this helps...
~Brian Raingem~

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
This original message has been removed.
It could be just what you are saying, but one of my early experiences in the PvP arena was when this girl wizard asked if I wanted to 3v3 with her and a friend. Well, it turned out her friend was also her. I should have known something was up when her two wizards had the exact same outfit on. She had two accounts and was playing both wizards in team PvP, so the OP could very well also be correct, especially if they had the exact same stats. Sure it's possible two people only PvP with each other exclusively, but it's equally if not more likely that it was one person on two accounts.

Now the question is whether this is cheating or not? I personally believe it is. Team PvP was meant to allow multiple people to play together as a team, not for one person to fine tune two decks and develop a strategy that is easy to implement since one person is really calling all the shots. Kind of defeats the meaning of the word "Team." If a person wants to play solo PvP they should play 1v1. An argument could be made, however, that one person on two accounts might only play as well as two people who have a fine tuned strategy and communicate well.

I also have no idea if KI even would interpret one person playing 2v2 PvP on two accounts as being cheating or not.