Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tymen Whiteflame

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 05, 2010
Hello, and I would like to talk about this boss, Tymen Whiteflame. This boss is hard, and no one seems to be at the sigil I can go in with. Yes, I have tried using treasure cards, such as the snow shield and conviction, plus low level spells since he mana-burns you every 3 turns. Even with proper timing use, I can barely chip a tenth of his health away before I get mana-burned, and frostbitten to defeat. And what makes it more frustrating, is that the whole dungeon resets, wasting 30 minutes of my progress. I'm not asking for a major nerf on his health or AI, but at least try to remove the leaf shield minions or just get rid of the pesky mana burn. Otherwise, just give advice. Thanks.

EDIT: I just lucked out and defeated this boss with another person. Thanks for your advice anyways.
Wolf D.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
This is one instance where minions actually help at a higher level when trying to solo. The minions don't really matter much, but without a friend, they provide a second target for the mana burn. This way it doesn't always hit you and you have a little chance to build up some more.

Historian
May 06, 2009
Herald of Darkness on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
Hello, and I would like to talk about this boss, Tymen Whiteflame. This boss is hard, and no one seems to be at the sigil I can go in with. Yes, I have tried using treasure cards, such as the snow shield and conviction, plus low level spells since he mana-burns you every 3 turns. Even with proper timing use, I can barely chip a tenth of his health away before I get mana-burned, and frostbitten to defeat. And what makes it more frustrating, is that the whole dungeon resets, wasting 30 minutes of my progress. I'm not asking for a major nerf on his health or AI, but at least try to remove the leaf shield minions or just get rid of the pesky mana burn. Otherwise, just give advice. Thanks.

EDIT: I just lucked out and defeated this boss with another person. Thanks for your advice anyways.
Wolf D.
I think original he had no minions and then they added some in Test.

Anyway, have you tried Unbalance treasure cards to dispel the Mana Burns and then save pips? It might help.

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
That boss was extremely easy for me, I solo'd it, I'll be glad to help you but we need to meet up, name a date, time, location. (I am in the Eastern Time Zone [NY])

Survivor
Dec 28, 2010
Herald of Darkness on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:

Wolf D.
Hi there,

You can always use empowerment that give pip's and also use balance dispel. Also use empower witch will give you pip's also. I recommend use traps with lot of treasure cards on bosses with make the bosses that easy to kill. I always go after the minion first then heal up and use traps to kill big bosses. Hope that helps you out.

Allen Strongthief

Explorer
Aug 29, 2011
I just did Tymen Whiteflame today. He's not too hard, but the mana burn is really annoying. It takes a long time for me to be able to attack.