Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How Annoying Are Collecting Quests to You?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
I know at one point in the game, everyone has had trouble with a defeat and collect quest. So I want to know your worst experiences with these kinds of quests. Be descriptive, but try not to get too mad when you think about all the "fun" times you had collecting!

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
OMG this is just where i can post! I have hated collecting quests forever, but in the end, it feels awesome and you laugh at how frusterated you once were!

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
I remember in Avalon i had to collect from Death Seraphs...omg! it was such a pain...it took me two days to collect from them and the first day i did two battles with them..and had three of my friends help and do three battles of each! I still only collected one! out of fourth I was sooo angryyy ugh and they did Dr von so much and prisms were a pain(death ofc) the second day i had to battle them sixth times just to collect three more of what i needed ugh lol what a pain

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
This is where the game really turns me away. If I get a collect 10 or more quest I sometimes will do another quest for a while, or if I do it and continue to try and never succeed I'll come back another day and that seems to work for me. The second day seems much easier but that might be because I was getting so frustrated. But some have been very time consuming. Thankfully I didn't have as much trouble as some seemed to have had on that Avalon quest!!

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
collect 4 are my worst experiences did not collect 7 battles in a row and then one collected in 8th battle then repeat

Defender
Aug 20, 2008
Personally, I feel like the "collect ten rat tails" kind of quests are the worst sort of excuse for lazy quest writing there is. "Hmmm..., this quest is too short. Let's make them spend two hours looking for quest items."

I dislike all of the, but especially the ones where the chance to get the thing you need is one in ten or one in twenty or whatever. Because, you know, only one in ten rats has a tail. The rest had them chewed off by cats or something...