Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance or Death? Which one should I choose?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 07, 2010
Hi everyone. So essentially I carelessly spent my training points without even thinking carefully about which school I should choose as a second school and here's what I got-
Death till Dark Sprite
Balance till Sandstorm
I currently have about five training points and i don't know which one to spend on. The only reason I chose Balance instead of continuing Death was because I completely forgot about it. Recently, I found that I would rather use Death than Balance as it helps me more but idk >< (I hardly use Balance any more)
Should I continue Balance or switch to Death?
Level 35 Thaumaturge

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Death up to feint is good for every school. I always have death up to feint, Life to satyr, and Ice to tower shield. Your secondary schools should really be chosen for the support spells they offer, not attacks. Your primary attacks are always going to be your main school. That's mainly because your school gear is going to boost your school attacks so much more than any generic gear.

Balance support spells are available outside the school, so it makes no sense to train it as a second school. You only really need elemental/spirit blades and possible traps, and reshuffle. All available from the tree without going up through school spells.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Only get the Balance traps and blades and forget anything else.

My Ice has Death as a secondary, and it's a deadly combination. With my high resist and health, having Death spells that will not only help heal me, but also pack some extra punch when I need it, is great.

If you do use a secondary school, be sure to include a Mastery Amulet for death, otherwise you'll be using a lot more pips to cast any off-school spells.

Brynn

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
CoriDB on Nov 22, 2013 wrote:
Hi everyone. So essentially I carelessly spent my training points without even thinking carefully about which school I should choose as a second school and here's what I got-
Death till Dark Sprite
Balance till Sandstorm
I currently have about five training points and i don't know which one to spend on. The only reason I chose Balance instead of continuing Death was because I completely forgot about it. Recently, I found that I would rather use Death than Balance as it helps me more but idk >< (I hardly use Balance any more)
Should I continue Balance or switch to Death?
Level 35 Thaumaturge
Neither. I would go with Life, which makes an Ice wizard pretty much unbeatable. However, don't forget your traps/blades in Krok and save training points for level 50+ and the star/moon/sun schools in Celestia.

Explorer
Aug 20, 2009
I'd go with neither if I were you. Save your training points for the Astral Spells in Celestia at lvl 50. If you want to, buy your points back; you don't have to though.

- Valerian DarkBringer- Archmage Necromancer

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
i would have to say death because i'm a death wizard and i can deal damage and heal at the same time which helps more when wraith is critical.

Brandon death bringer level 50

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
I would choose Balance.

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
I say neither. Train death up to feint and just get balance traps. As you level up your secondary school spells arent going to be much help especially 50+ they wont do much damage as your main school, i trained life and i rarely use them only when fighting death boss or monsters, to heal a friend...and even then i rarely use them (cause of mass convert) So i say save training points cause once you to get level 50 you are going want to train and spells.

lvl 90

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
save your points for the astral spells~ other than that, i agree with most of what's already been said.

death to feint
balance: elemental blade/trap

don't bother with anything else, as it's a massive waste of pips.

-v.