Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kalikak is TOO hard!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
It shouldn't even be that hard. I'm a storm wizard and a solo only place with 3 ENEMIES, Two of them being storm is just hard! Please fix this ASAP! I cannot even progress into the story because of it.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Here are some tips when I come across Death enemies that everyone should use if they come across an enemy of their same school:
  • Use Converts or Mass Converts to make your damage Myth. Converts will only activate at the same time traps do, so you can still use your Storm Blades.
  • Don't use Storm Traps. It is very complicated to remember if Converts go first or Traps. Instead, use Feint or Curse/Hex Treasure Cards.
  • Find someone that is in a different school but on the same quest. You can help them out by healing with Healing Treasure Cards.
  • Plain out just use other school Treasure Cards.
While this will take time, its allot better to advance in the Story Line than to not. Hope this helped!

-Nicholas Hawkspear level 92

Survivor
Mar 26, 2012
I understand your frustration as I am also storm. But you can do this and using they mass prism against him as well as the storm spiders will get you a boost from him. Keep trying and good luck.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
This new world isn't hard. You maybe just need to get better gear.
I am a level 95 wizard running in Hades gear and a pet. And I have been running solo on bosses.
But since I am at max level now using shadow magic made it even easier. I think this new world is good because it actually makes the player use a skill base and think about how to attack and defend. instead of just throwing a enchant on a spell and expecting it to kill. (That is so mooshu ago). You can do it :D just believe in yourself and attack when enemies pips are at there lowest. (around 3-4 pips).

Mackenzie Wizard Level 95

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
Beautifulmonkey on Nov 16, 2013 wrote:
It shouldn't even be that hard. I'm a storm wizard and a solo only place with 3 ENEMIES, Two of them being storm is just hard! Please fix this ASAP! I cannot even progress into the story because of it.
they aren't going to change it just because someone has a fit cause its to late to change it you can only change worlds in test realm

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
Maybe your approach wasn't in a way you can take all 3 of them on, For my storm I used Mass Convert, then I used my tc tempest (Self made) 2 times and they were dead, then to focus on the boss, I had to heal myself sometimes with the storm heal, in the end, I used a feint that I get from my amulet then I did a double 0 pip blade hit, with 2 element blades on him and he was dead, :] [I used trition, you can use anything you like though]

Level 95Miguel
Level 92Miguel
Level 40Miguel

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Beautifulmonkey on Nov 16, 2013 wrote:
I found it very easy to solo with my storm, except for a couple bosses. The one that casts mana burn every 3 rounds needs another player just for different targets. The boss for shadow magic really needs a team too, but that's typical in every world. Overall I still think this world is too easy for storm to solo. The mobs are extremely weak. I stopped questing as soon as I finished the Eclipse Tower and got Shadow Magic. I finished this world in test, there's really no point in continuing quests until they release part 2. You're max level well before getting to the end of part 1. Getting to that point took less than one day, so I'd totally disagree on it being too hard for storm.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
wizard508million on Nov 17, 2013 wrote:
they aren't going to change it just because someone has a fit cause its to late to change it you can only change worlds in test realm
This is correct, only over time, with the evidence of less and less wizards being able to process the content, in more difficult worlds, will there be changes made. I am patient I can wait.

I must say though even with Avalon difficulty being lowered we still haven't picked up questing there again and are currently concentrating on our wizards in DragonSprye. It almost seems pointless to progress knowing that eventually you will meet the same problems just a little later on now?

My concern is that they not make it to little and too late. A lot of players don't want to repeat some lower areas so quitting is the only option.

Mary StarGem

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
While I agree with the first part of your statement, the last is simply not true. They can change anything at anytime, and have in the past.

Explorer
Aug 21, 2009
You have got to be kidding me. They nerfed Azteca to make Khrysalis they way it is now: easy but difficult at the same time. What KI achieved with this was the long coveted 'fun' that people were complaining that Azteca did not have, which is true. Now, not only is Khrysalis fun, but it also gives the right amount of difficulty for the players.

Plan ahead, create a strategy. I always complained in Avalon and Azteca about how horrible my fights were, but I changed my strategy in Khrysalis and it was the best experience ever. Maybe you also need better gear. Take some of your time to farm or craft.

Survivor
May 25, 2011
I beat it, and I am a Storm wizard. It took me only one try to get through the tower, and I came out with barely any of my health gone. Just play your cards right, and wait for their next more. It is very easy to outsmart them. It only takes patience.
~Storm Magic Promethean Blake DarkHunter

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
Like a broken record you will hear me say change your strategy, maybe get some new gear, and think about what you did wrong before running in leroy jenkins style with the same set of cards that got you sent back to spawn in the first place.

I'm still trying to get past grim momo in last wood. Its those two storm minions they stun and steal my blades like crazy where is my block when i need it

Survivor
Dec 30, 2011
There's no need to be rude. For some wizards, it IS too hard. This is a forum where people come to express how they feel about the game. Insults are not necessary.

Explorer
Aug 29, 2011
Kaliklak is really hard. Its the minions that kill me. I even got to kill the boss and the minions had barely any health left, and that's when I died. I did it four times, and then the fifth time, I finally made it. He should have only one minion, or at least a different school one.

Explorer
Aug 29, 2011
Also, its unfair that its solo, you should be able to get help if there is two minions.

Explorer
Apr 15, 2012
I was able to solo the entire world on my own. I used Noah Thunderforge, my level 95 Storm wizard.
He is running around in full Hades gear, Hades Wand, and a Reaver that has three punch and two resist skills.

I only got help for the last two fights; the queen and the one before her.

Keep trying. :)

~Noah

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
For this instance I found it was better for me to be first up - so I left and came back until I was, once you get rid of the Storm spiders in the beginning you can walk to the stairs for the boss/minions fight only. I filled my Treasure cards area (sideboard) with Ice/Storm shields and applied them constantly. I gave myself health when I got low and kicked my pet a lot to get it to Spritely going. I did use the new bear spell on the boss once I got rid of the minions. Fill your deck with just enough cards to get it done plus a few spares or a reshuffle or all the wrong cards will be coming up. Stacking blades/feints and traps helps cut down the boss faster. Consider getting rid of the minions as soon as you can = mass convert them or hit them hard enough to over come the resist.

I am not happy with the new solo fights set to a high health boss and 2 very able minions of also high health.

Some wizards breeze though these things while others keep trying at it until it happens or they just quit. I wasn't the only one that was going back into this thing. After the Xey blah blah thing in AZ I didn't expect to have to face 2 solo boss battles to get into the K world.

The second instance I only got Ra ed once and was able to hold my own better against Balance, I was able to get rid of the minions early on. I loaded Storm only and Ice's Tower shields in my Treasure cards area. In the end I spent quite a bit on TC's for this battle but with out them I would still be there.

The rough part of these battles is they are a pain because you have to prep, prepare and plan a lot to get though them, that can take longer then the actual battle. It is particularly difficult if you don't have the best wizard set up to begin with and you are just getting by normal battling - such as me. I don't farm, garden for serious, craft at higher levels or pet train for that perfect pet any more so I am just hurling my wizard as far as I can in the game as it is.

Mary