Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Needing help on what to do..

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 16, 2012
I am a lvl 22 Pyromancer, and i think i picked a bad secondary school for fire, which is Storm. Well you know how noobs are they dont know much about the game, so when i started i thought strongest is best, well now i know 2 strong schools(with the most addiction to fizzles) = not so good... im taking a third school which is Death, im using the training points i get from Prospector Zeke for finding all the stuff, on Death spells, in Storm i just got the Storm trap, and im wondering if i should stop there or at kraken and use my training points on death? i need help guys! Thanks!

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Well, if you really don't like the combo, you can go to the registrar and buy back your training points, and start all over again. Or you can just stop on the secondary school now, and change what you are training in your backup school. If you are only at level 22, you still have time to make it up if you change now.

What I find works best is a primary school that attacks, and a secondary school that supports and heals. I almost always go with Life for my secondary school. If you do that, and can afford it, it also helps to buy a "life (or what ever school you choose) mastery amulet" from the crown shop, so you can use double pips efficiently in your secondary school.

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
To reinforce Finn's excellent suggestions, if you have your heart set on progressing as a Fire school wizard, then do a little research on the spells you get as you level. Take the time to look at the school and decide if it's right for your play style. Use this forum to search popular topics, or visit a Fansite such as Wizard101 Wiki that assist you in playing your best by cataloguing tons of general info regarding the game.

Please note that once you begin the quest line in Celestia (level 50+) you can use training points in the Astral schools of Moon, Star, and Sun. Don't get to caught up in thinking you need a second school.

At a certain level you will get a "prism" spell allowing you full damage to your opposing school. Your accuracy and health get better with gear upgrades so don't to hung up on those either, unless either is preventing you from progressing at a decent rate.
When I settled on my toon, it was my fourth attempt at creating a wizard I enjoyed playing.
I absolutely love the ability to do damage and heal myself at the same time.

Remember that ONLY your main school's spells are free and you will have to consume your training points for anything else unless it's in your school's story line.

Use a pet to give subtle boosts, and always keep your gear up to par with your level as best you can. Try to help someone questing in the same zone you're in and maybe a friendship will spark, as two attacking wizards are better than one .

Everyone who is level 90 now was level 22 at some point as well so don't give up! Best of luck to you.

Gabriel Legendary Necromanceer
Brahm Spellbreaker Legendary Sorcerer