Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does Fire School have any healing spells?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 16, 2012
So hi guys! I was wondering if there are any Fire Healing spells. I am a lvl 18 Pyromancer, and i think i picked a bad secondary school for fire, which is Storm. Well you know how noobs are they dont know much about the game, so when i started i thought strongest is best, well now i know 2 strong schools(with the most addiction to fizzles) = not so good... im taking a third school which is Death, im using the training points i get from Prospector Zeke for finding all the stuff on Death spells, in Storm i just got the Storm trap, and im wondering if i should stop there or at kraken and use my training points on death? i need help guys! Thanks!

-Noah WildBlood, Level 18

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
unfortunately, fire does not have any direct healing spells. there are 2 spells within the fire school that can heal you and they are both over time spells, link and power link. both deal a small amount of damage to the opponent and inflict burn overtime and heal you for a small amount and give you heal over time.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
Dark Spirit on Nov 3, 2013 wrote:
So hi guys! I was wondering if there are any Fire Healing spells. I am a lvl 18 Pyromancer, and i think i picked a bad secondary school for fire, which is Storm. Well you know how noobs are they dont know much about the game, so when i started i thought strongest is best, well now i know 2 strong schools(with the most addiction to fizzles) = not so good... im taking a third school which is Death, im using the training points i get from Prospector Zeke for finding all the stuff on Death spells, in Storm i just got the Storm trap, and im wondering if i should stop there or at kraken and use my training points on death? i need help guys! Thanks!

there are some healing spells for fire like link and mega link

Austin Fireflame lvl 90

Defender
Apr 17, 2009

They have a hit that does overtime damage on enemies and leaves a overtime heal on yourself, I'm not sure when you get it but I do know you get it eventually, Just work to it and you will get it. :)

Survivor
May 16, 2012
Ok, thanks guys, first question down, still looking for an answer to question 2. Thanks!

Historian
May 06, 2009

Link and Power Link allow Fire Wizards to heal for a little bit and deal some damage along with the heal. As you progress, you will be able to enchant the spells to deal more damage or give more heals.

From the First Arc, every school has the potential to learn all the spells of 2 schools. Storm gives schools the potential to deal more damage along with their current spells. Death gives Wizards to deal steal spells and gain a powerful trap to aid them. My suggetion would be to continue your training in Storm magic to Kraken. In Celestia, if you so choose to make it to that point, there is a trainer in Stormriven Hall who gives Sun spells (enchantments that can boost the accuracy or damage of a spell, or even change the spell). One of the spells is Mutate Kraken which changes a Storm Kraken into an Inferno Kraken (a Fire spell you could better use). Then train Death to feint as the +70% can really be a boost to your fire spells. Finally, I would suggest training Ice to Tower Shield to maximize your defenses. Learning from Fire, Storm and Death will give you -70% shields to Storm, Ice, Fire, Life, and Myth. Tower Shield will cover the Death spells you could not defend against without spending more Training points. And don't worry, in the Second Arc, more than enough training points will become availabe to learn Astral spells (Moon (Polymorphs), Star (Auras), and Sun (Enchanments) and later Shadow Magic (I won't say any more on these)

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
for your second question, if you prefer staying alive over high damage that could potentially defeat enemies quickly, i'd suggest switching from storm to life, otherwise you should keep up your storm as the secondary or tertiary class

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
question #2~ yes, you did choose a bad secondary school. since storm and fire are the 2 most fizzle-prone schools in the game (at your level), you will likely find yourself frustrated by the terrible accuracy.

to be honest, you don't need a secondary school. save your training points for stuff that's actually useful need later on: the astrals (level 52+), stun block, reshuffle, extra blades... unless you have a mastery amulet, a secondary school is pretty useless.

-v.
90 and
40 and

Survivor
Oct 02, 2013
I'm a level 31 and my secondary is storm . I took it all the way to Kraken because I know that later you'll need his strength. I'm doing well with this combo so I'm not sure what's happening that you don't like. Another trick you might try is changing wands depending on who you're fighting. I use a Balance wand and a Death wand. Get the ones with the sparklers, not the spell cards. That one little extra ding on the head of your foe (and zero pips to cast!!) is sometimes all you need. Save at least one training point for acquiring blades when you reach lvl 25. They will also boost your shots. Get those from Bartleby-in-Krok next to the sphinx. That's another reason for the off-school wands, so you don't use your blades before you need them. I hope this all makes sense. Good luck.

Anna Duskflower lvl 31 Pyromancer

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

1. Link and and Power Link heal while doing damage

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Fire_School_Spells

2. Personally, I'd go with Death. Death also does damage while returning half that damage back to you as health. Without storm gear to help accuracy, you are forever doomed to the 70% fizzle rate. (My level 41 storm wizard rocks and fizzles very little, but every piece of gear I have has an accuracy boost, as does her pet.)

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Death_School_Spells

Defender
Nov 17, 2012

Fire has those two spells that everybody so far has mentioned. I'd just like to add a little something. Life is a good secondary for most schools. Even without it being your primary, you still get some of the best healing spells in the school. In fact, from what I've heard, Balance's best combo is with life. Also, for strong schools with low accuracy, such as Storm or Fire, it does a good job of balancing the odds. Maybe you should look into Life.

Death also works as a combo for the aforesaid schools. It does damage while also returning some of that damage to yourself. What's the catch? Less damage and less heal.

Whether you choose Life or Death is your call;

Life may take more rounds but does more damage/heal on a given round
Death takes less rounds but does less damage & heal on a given round

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Possibly, that would be a good choice. But, save some points for astral spells later in the game. It would also be a good idea to train a couple of healing spells (up to sprite maybe) on life. And if you do train death be sure to maybe train up to feint or up to wraith. Unfortunately, you cannot get any spell higher then the level 42 spell in other schools.

Hope this helps!
Molly level 83 balance

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011

I usually only try to master two schools (life is the way to go) because I never get enough training points for three. You should try to master ice or life along with fire.

Andrew IceRiver lvl. 53 Ice Wizard

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Ok, thanks guys, first question down, still looking for an answer to question 2. Thanks!
Why don't you use them on life and get your healing spells? You could always turn your points in and start over with life. I have a fire/life and that combo really worked well for me.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012

Do not train in storm at all either buy back your training points or make a new wizard, you will need to train ice up to tower shield, balance up to weakness and get reshuffle in colossus boulevard to be off to a good start.

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
Alright sorry didn't notice your second question, kind of skipped ahead lol but sorry. you shouldn't train storm all together unless you are storm, as for death the feints can be useful, but otherwise just stop on storm, It isn't much use to be honest if it isn't your main school.

Survivor
May 16, 2012
CrimsonInsect on Nov 4, 2013 wrote:
Do not train in storm at all either buy back your training points or make a new wizard, you will need to train ice up to tower shield, balance up to weakness and get reshuffle in colossus boulevard to be off to a good start.
Thanks everyone! Now a question for this quote, if you buy back your training points, do you loose the spells you bought with the training points?

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
Dark Spirit on Nov 4, 2013 wrote:
Thanks everyone! Now a question for this quote, if you buy back your training points, do you loose the spells you bought with the training points?
Yes, you lose your spells but you get your training points back, Careful though, it's around 7,000 to 8,000 crowns to get them back!

Survivor
May 16, 2012
Also another question, who thinks i should buy back my training points? and if so which secondary school should i use?

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
To my knowledge, yes you do. It's like hitting a reset button on your wizard.. apart from quest spells, you will lose all trained spells up to that point, this allows you to redistribute your training points as you would like

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
Also another question, who thinks i should buy back my training points? and if so which secondary school should i use?
If you are willing to use 7-8,000 crowns then yes, and since you are fire you should trai life to Satyr, then death to Feint, and finally go for Tower shield from ice, or switch the order, whichever you like

Level 90Miguel(PvP Private)
Level 90Miguel(PvP Warlord)
Level 40Miguel (PvP Knight)

Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
Sort of. It's called link. You put an overtime damage on the opponent and an overtime healing on yourself. You get it at level 12 after completing Fire It Up.

Victoria Legend FlameLv. 84

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
I have death as my secondary school, I only use my feint spell though. I learned it is never best to use attack spells from other schools because you don't have the stats for extra damage and your deck would be way too crowded. So, have a reason for training a school, get the elemental blade from Nile the Balance Tree, maybe train death to feint, but stop there. Don't waste those precious training points. Unless, of course, you train life, that way you need to train as far as satyr for it to be actually useful. :D

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 45 theurgist

Explorer
Jan 03, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Nov 4, 2013 wrote:
Why don't you use them on life and get your healing spells? You could always turn your points in and start over with life. I have a fire/life and that combo really worked well for me.
I agree with Chrissy I have a fire and life wizard. In life I trained up to satyr, next I am going to wait until I have enough training points to instant train up to feint so I have heals, damage over time spells, power boost, so I can do spells like scald then while that does damage I can save up pips for a heal.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2013
I have a Fire and Life wizard and this strategy has really helped me. Also when buying back points it will probably cost around 2500 because when I was 32 and bought mine back they were 3500 crowns. The best two options are to go to kraken then train the mutant kraken or buy back your points then train life