Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lvl 60 gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 03, 2012
Can someone tell me where I can buy and not craft lvl 60 gear
Because waterworks is way to hard, I only just got my master artisan badge
And I haven't unlocked Zafaria yet, still on Celestia
Thanks
Colin SpiritDust lvl 60

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Master of Flames on Oct 23, 2013 wrote:
Thanks
Colin SpiritDust lvl 60
Sorry, you have two choices; Waterworks gear or crafted gear for level 60.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Level_60%2B_Fire_School_Robes

You can find lower level gear and higher level gear in the Bazaar, but the stats will not be the same.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Master of Flames on Oct 23, 2013 wrote:
Thanks
Colin SpiritDust lvl 60
Due to lack of it happening in Waterworks my lowly Life wizard ended up going though most of Celestia and all of Zafaria in her lvl 58 gear - I stitched it I had it so long. I was mainly a solo player by then so getting to even that gear level was rough. I did win the WW hood and boots over time. I crafted the Wintertusk helmet when that became available, mainly for the extra blade. Just before doing Mirror Lake I got the Waterworks robe. I now craft for all my wizards as limping though Celestia/Wintertusk is no fun and I can equip it at level 56. I can use my Life wizard to make all the schools helmet and robe so only one wizard has to do the crafting quests. The crafted boots are hit and miss depending on school.

Crafting the lvl 56 gear is a bit more fun then running WaterWorks till your mouse button dies but if you haven't done the quests though Seal of the Seven Seas it could take just as long - maybe.

In the end - Celestia is where you need to make the commitment of investing the time in gear thought, something we really didn't have to bother with prior to this world. You can make it an easier go or you can struggle.

If you do craft start with just the helmet, see how well that sits with you before taking on the robe. I did some research on Wizard101Central.com before I started gear crafting. Getting gear though drops and/or Bazaar usually doesn't help much past lvl 58. This gear may have to last you though at least 30 or more levels, it will be worth the bother now to get it out of the way.

Mary

Survivor
Apr 03, 2012
Northlite on Dec 4, 2013 wrote:
Due to lack of it happening in Waterworks my lowly Life wizard ended up going though most of Celestia and all of Zafaria in her lvl 58 gear - I stitched it I had it so long. I was mainly a solo player by then so getting to even that gear level was rough. I did win the WW hood and boots over time. I crafted the Wintertusk helmet when that became available, mainly for the extra blade. Just before doing Mirror Lake I got the Waterworks robe. I now craft for all my wizards as limping though Celestia/Wintertusk is no fun and I can equip it at level 56. I can use my Life wizard to make all the schools helmet and robe so only one wizard has to do the crafting quests. The crafted boots are hit and miss depending on school.

Crafting the lvl 56 gear is a bit more fun then running WaterWorks till your mouse button dies but if you haven't done the quests though Seal of the Seven Seas it could take just as long - maybe.

In the end - Celestia is where you need to make the commitment of investing the time in gear thought, something we really didn't have to bother with prior to this world. You can make it an easier go or you can struggle.

If you do craft start with just the helmet, see how well that sits with you before taking on the robe. I did some research on Wizard101Central.com before I started gear crafting. Getting gear though drops and/or Bazaar usually doesn't help much past lvl 58. This gear may have to last you though at least 30 or more levels, it will be worth the bother now to get it out of the way.

Mary
thanks! i managed to get to grandmaster after 3 days of hard questing, and bazaar shopping. i crafted the wintertusk gear and it was very helpful. around the beginning of zafaria, i decided to set aside some time( and my differences with dungeons) to do waterworks, i managed to get all the gear after 9 tries

Survivor
Jun 27, 2011
If you want me to go through waterworks with you I can. Just reply and we can meet up. Besides waterworks there is Atlantea in Mount Olympus. I personally don't like how the gear looks so you can stitch it. If you ave crowns you can get stuff from the crown store, but not really worth buying from crown store until you are level 90. Reason being is that you level pretty fast throughout the worlds of Celestia, Zafaria, Avalon, and Azteca and the gear may not be suitable for you as you progress in level. Another thing you could possibly do is just go through your main quests and bosses in the world and see what the bosses drop.

Hope I helped!

Taryn Sandbright Level 78
Vanessa Level 53

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Don't sneer at level 58 bazaar gear. I wear a full set of bazaar bought gear, mostly level 58 but a couple of level 56 items. I soloed trial of the spheres wearing it a couple of days ago.

Be aware that you can sort gear in the bazaar by level. Click "usable", then the top of the level column twice, and gear will be sorted with the maximum level you can use listed first. It doesn't take long to figure out which of the top level gear available is most useful to you.

A full set of top level bazaar gear will be way better than random odds and ends you have picked up questing.

If the gold cost of this stuff seems high you aren't managing gold properly. By level 60 you should have more gold than you know what to do with unless you are buying luxury castles and the highest end garden spells.

Compared to waterworks gear the stuff I wear is weak on defense and critical chance, but actually higher on power pip chance and damage multiplier. This suits my playstyle, I like to one shot enemies, and don't like the randomness of criticals.

Survivor
May 05, 2012
Hey, Waterworks gear is a pain to farm for but it is the second best gear I think in the game until you reach level 90. If you want I wouldn't mind helping you as I am still farming for the hat myself. Once you are at level 62 you should be able to buy gear. Some people wait until level 68 for their new spell before they farm water works. If you need help just reply back.

Nathan LifeBlossom

Blaze FireSword

Tyler SandBloom