Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Essencial Stat Go Away?!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
Why do all the essencial stats like powerpip chance resist, etc. go drastically down around lvl 70?!
I am a LVL 82 wizard and so I already have a hard time with solo fights and yet I took a look at my gear today and guess what? I have been using the same gear from when I was lvl 58 due to the fact I haven't been able to find anything better!!! I see that there is better gear if I craft some but I drive myself broke just or a pair of boots!!!
and It is not like I can use the pvp gear I always get paired up against lvl90 wizards. My rating is like 128 in pvp. (that is just a guess I'm too ashamed to go look)

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
It is strange. For the first 60 levels there's an even progression of gear. You can trade health for resist or damage, but everything goes up from level to level. At 50 we get good school gear. At 56 we can craft universal WT gear. At 58 we get even better school gear. At 60 we get better universal (Waterworks).

After that things get weird. There are odd combinations of advanced stats, but no improvements in universal or school gear. Even the level 90 stuff from AQ trades different advanced stats, but is no better than Waterworks on basics (sometimes worse). We're do for a real upgrade.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
you can farm water works if you cant craft.

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
gweedoboy on Oct 24, 2013 wrote:
you can farm water works if you cant craft.
I have gotten all the waterworks gear... my lvl 58 gear is still better!

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
This is a problem, not the average kiddo with menu chat will know about Waterworks, let alone find a reliable group to go in with.

I would complain, but it's too late. We're 30 levels ahead (soon to be 40? Spoilers please KI? I swear, we don't mind :P)

I do agree, the Zafaria, Avalon, and the Azteca gear is horrific... Only suggestion I can make is make it a little better stat wise? Just common bazaar gear.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
West DeathTalon on Oct 24, 2013 wrote:
I have gotten all the waterworks gear... my lvl 58 gear is still better!
lol no