Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
Hey!

I just got a Poseidon's trident for my school, life. It only had 25 universal critical rating while a fire one I found out from a friend has 52. Every other trident has more than this, so why does the life trident have the weakest stats? Some of my friends say it's to balance out life and to prevent them fro becoming super powers, why then does every other class not have the same if not a tiny and I mean tiny bit more powerful. Now some might say they farm for good stuff, but all their stuff in general usually has better stats then life gear at that level. Just really tell me I'm wrong about this? Can you prove it before you open your mouth to tell me I'm incorrect? Why do they make life gear underpowered? Can anyone answer me that with some proof about what they are saying?

Now play smart and play nice

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013
Hmm, I do not know. I think for some reason they try to make life weaker. It's an outrage!

Katie Duskleaf, Level 46

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
Sorry kgzblove, i totally disagree. life is actually one of the strongest schools out there. This might account for why the higher level gear is weaker (though I find that levels 1 - 50 are pretty equal).

The reasons why Life is stronger:

1. Life spells aren't the worst in case of damage dealing - actually they're better then Ice. Plus all Life spells have higher accuracy then Ice. So you got the same (or even more) damage power with lower fizzle risk.

2. The healing spells in life are better than any other school. Not only does Rebirth heal ALL friends, it also gives a Spirit Shield to everyone. Dryad is good in a pinch, and can be used with Guiding Light to get up to 3640 healing (without Guiding Light it is still a good 2800 with all power pips, 1400 with none).

3. Life gets a +40% blade, whereas other schools only get up to +30%

4. Triage is the only spell of its type currently in the game. The ability to remove DoTs is not to be taken lightly. That can be a serious advantage, especially if you or another player are low on health.

5. Guardian Spirit! What in the world?! This spell is instant revival after death. How cool is that?!

6. In the average 1 v. 2 battle, at its lowest damage, Forest Lord does 50 more total damage than Leviathan. Add a Lifeblade to the mix and you get 482 more damage than storm's spell of the same rank.

The weaker gear might account for some of these advantages.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
KKoop3 on Oct 3, 2013 wrote:
Sorry kgzblove, i totally disagree. life is actually one of the strongest schools out there. This might account for why the higher level gear is weaker (though I find that levels 1 - 50 are pretty equal).

1. Life spells aren't the worst in case of damage dealing - actually they're better then Ice. Plus all Life spells have higher accuracy then Ice. So you got the same (or even more) damage power with lower fizzle risk.

2. The healing spells in life are better than any other school. Not only does Rebirth heal ALL friends, it also gives a Spirit Shield to everyone. Dryad is good in a pinch, and can be used with Guiding Light to get up to 3640 healing (without Guiding Light it is still a good 2800 with all power pips, 1400 with none).

4. Triage is the only spell of its type currently in the game. The ability to remove DoTs is not to be taken lightly. That can be a serious advantage, especially if you or another player are low on health.

5. Guardian Spirit! What in the world?! This spell is instant revival after death. How cool is that?!

6. In the average 1 v. 2 battle, at its lowest damage, Forest Lord does 50 more total damage than Leviathan. Add a Lifeblade to the mix and you get 482 more damage than storm's spell of the same rank.

Number 3 is wrong, Ice gets a 40% blade too.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
noahdd on Oct 3, 2013 wrote:
Number 3 is wrong, Ice gets a 40% blade too.
Oh ok! Thanks for the info!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010

Listing all of Life's useless healing spells that are not a asset to us is really not a very valid point.

I am no ones free henchmen so all those life healing spells are a waste to me. Spirte, Satyr for boss instances and Rebirth for Water Works is all I have ever used. Don't play with the monsters, defeat them or BYOS = bring your own sprite.

My complaint is waiting 58 levels to be able to hit more then one thing at a time.

Mary StarGem lvl 90

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
KKoop3 on Oct 4, 2013 wrote:
Oh ok! Thanks for the info!
No problem.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013

Oh, I never thought of it that way! Thank you!

Katie Duskleaf, level 47

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
kgzblove2002 on Oct 9, 2013 wrote:
Oh, I never thought of it that way! Thank you!

Katie Duskleaf, level 47
sure. glad to help.

P.S. I really like this thread. lots o' nice people on here.

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
noahdd on Oct 2, 2013 wrote:
Hey!

I just got a Poseidon's trident for my school, life. It only had 25 universal critical rating while a fire one I found out from a friend has 52. Every other trident has more than this, so why does the life trident have the weakest stats? Some of my friends say it's to balance out life and to prevent them fro becoming super powers, why then does every other class not have the same if not a tiny and I mean tiny bit more powerful. Now some might say they farm for good stuff, but all their stuff in general usually has better stats then life gear at that level. Just really tell me I'm wrong about this? Can you prove it before you open your mouth to tell me I'm incorrect? Why do they make life gear underpowered? Can anyone answer me that with some proof about what they are saying?

Now play smart and play nice
Okay,
Each school has special abilities that the other school doesn't have. For example, ice gets very high resist while storm does a lot of damage. Because life's super power is healing other people, the game deems it unnecesary to give them very high critical. However, ice gets very high critical block and storm gets very low critical block cause the game assumes that the player must want to so much damage. Does this help?