Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please fix henchmen timers when you're dead

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 10, 2009
I have played several battles with more than one henchmen and when I get killed the timer will Not allow me to access the crown shop to get another henchman if I lose one. If one henchman is a life school I Need that life henchman alive and to be able to replace it when it dies. As it is the timer is non existent when I am dead because computers don't need time to think. Please put a delay on the timer so that I have time to buy another henchman so I stop wasting money because I cannot replace a life one to heal me back. I do not need the whole 30 seconds, 10 seconds would be enough time for me to quick purchase a life one as it is first one in the list and I know right where the buttons are. Please fix this.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Yeah I don't like losing to begin with, but I especially don't like losing because the AI couldn't figure out how to heal me.

I'd hire another one that might be smarter, but the planning phase does not pause after you die.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
I have played several battles with more than one henchmen and when I get killed the timer will Not allow me to access the crown shop to get another henchman if I lose one. If one henchman is a life school I Need that life henchman alive and to be able to replace it when it dies. As it is the timer is non existent when I am dead because computers don't need time to think. Please put a delay on the timer so that I have time to buy another henchman so I stop wasting money because I cannot replace a life one to heal me back. I do not need the whole 30 seconds, 10 seconds would be enough time for me to quick purchase a life one as it is first one in the list and I know right where the buttons are. Please fix this.
When you've been defeated, if you have no one, including henchmen, alive to heal you the battle is over. There is nothing to fix. This is how it's supposed to work. What you are asking for is a play to win game, which I will never support.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I meant "pay" to win. sorry!

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
Hmm, that does seem like a problem, no doubt. Though, your best bet would be to wait for your henchmen to heal you (if henchmen is life) then but more henchmens.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2011
Yes, KI, the timer AND the life henchmen are broken; I've seen some frustrated wizards who purchase life henchmen and never get healed during very long battles, or get healed after spending a very long time watching 'them' fight your battle without you. You are locked in place if you are soloing because the "flee" button does not work, and you will have to start over if you sign off to escape. If you Purchase a second life hench, they heal themselves continuously, then any other players or henchmen as you continue falling to "0", which makes no sense because you lose even if they win the battle. I totally accept not winning sometimes when using henchmen, that's a part of challenging game-play; but can I expect some (useful) assistance in exchange for those crowns? Players with sprite-happy pets get this for free, so I don't think its an unfair advantage, especially if you want to use a pet that does not heal. I don't expect unlimited healing, or all healing and no hit spells, but if I decide to spend crowns, I'm trying for at least a little "rescue" healing from a life henchman(-PS--tried bringing them in when I'm at all different health levels and they do the same thing, even healing newly added full health henchmen or full health players repeatedly while rarely if ever healing the purchaser). This is all very minor when you consider what a wonderful game this is, but life henchmen purchases will definitely be much fewer for me.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
The timers work the way they are supposed to. Whether you hire a life henchman or not you should always have some heals in your own deck. You should never fully rely on a Life Henchman to heal you nor should you rely on a healing pet.....

OFF TOPIC:
As for the "Sprite" happy pets, you may want to take another look at that. Those pets are no longer Sprite happy and unfortunately many other MC Heals are not working as well as they did. Since the Aquila update, many of the MC heals have been greatly reduced. I have gone through many battles with good pets that rarely heal now at all and especially during a boss battle. Many of my friends have noticed the same thing.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Asking to fix Henchman AI is not that big a request. Here, I can boil this down into 2 points:
  • If a Henchman's school has any heal spells, program those in (Sprite, Fairy, Satyr, Regen, Rebirth, Current, Sacrifice, Helping Hands, Availing Hands)

• If you die and a Henchman is left standing, the Henchman should be programmed to attempt a heal, or else the battle should just end.