Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How Myth And Storm Are Opposites

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
It's sort of pitiful that this game has been open for 5 years and Players still don't get why or how Myth and Storm or opposites. Many just don't get it or they're like it was an after thought as Balance has no opposite and the other schools (Fire and Ice and Life and Death) are obvious. But Myth and Storm are very much opposites when you begin to look deeper into them.

Both schools revolve around Imagination and Creativity but one is more structured while the other is not.

Storm is unpredictable. You can have one lighting bolt strike there, then over there and at different voltages. There is no way to calculate and record a set amount. Storm is freedom of creativity, you can run wild with your imagination. Storm is powerful enough to defeat all enemies with their spells. Storm act on the fly and with quick wits to overcome their adversaries. Storm will create new ways and things to build things, an imagination of science and technology. Once they get that spark, they jump on it. In most cases, Storm Wizards are curious, quick witted, unpredictable, innovative and allow their imagination to be bondless. Due to Storms sacrifices for damage, they can sometimes fall flat without the aid of another. This isn't so bad as Storm is said to be very social. If Wizard101 were like a book set around characters, the Storm character would be a sort of young mad-genious creating new invention after invention, and very affable, looking to show off their newest creation. As a side ability, Storm can dispel Charms, the opposite of Wards.

Myth on the other hand is predictable. You can study mythical creatures and record their behaviors for generations to know. Myth is structured and follow a set line of rules. They have a strong ability of making dreams and illusions come to life. When Myth gets inspiration, they must harness and control it without become excited. If they let their imagination wild, their creations will loose control run amock. Myth is powerful defeating one enemy at a time (opposed to Storms quick expoltion of groups). Myth can stand alone and be solitary with their line of Minions to back them up. They are quiet and keep to themselves. If Wizard101 were like a book set around characters, the Myth character would be strict and follow the rules and avoid too much activity. As a side ability, Myth can dispel Wards, the opposite of Charms.

So to cap off, Myth is predictable, Storm is unpredictable. Storm is free-willed and creative. Storm will act on their inspirations, but can get lost in so many choices they can't make a decision. Myth is illusions and dreams brought to life. They can not be as free-willed as Storm, least their summons run wild. Myth follow strict guid-lines to insure a correct result, while Storm is more likely to through caution to the wind and craft want comes to mind and go through trials and errors.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Wow. Just wow. That was AMAZING !!!!

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
I was seeing it the other way around... but now I read your post, I see that storm is unpredictable as well.

Both schools have a lot of unpredictability in them. The constant risk of falling flat with your storm spells, vs the unpredictability of the Myth's minions spells (you never know if he will attack, heal himself, heal you, buff himself, buff you, etc...).

Defender
Aug 08, 2012
That was FANTASTIC! Now we understand how Myth and Storm are opposites!

Jasmine Rainbowdreamer level 50

Survivor
Oct 19, 2012
well I forgot how myth was weak to storm when I was a noob, but now I get it

p. s i am not a noob anymore. my life is

Richard darkhunter lvl 73 at zamunda

malorn ashthorn lvl 6 at olde town 3 streets

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
Cunning Finnigan S... on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
It's sort of pitiful that this game has been open for 5 years and Players still don't get why or how Myth and Storm or opposites. Many just don't get it or they're like it was an after thought as Balance has no opposite and the other schools (Fire and Ice and Life and Death) are obvious. But Myth and Storm are very much opposites when you begin to look deeper into them.

Both schools revolve around Imagination and Creativity but one is more structured while the other is not.

Storm is unpredictable. You can have one lighting bolt strike there, then over there and at different voltages. There is no way to calculate and record a set amount. Storm is freedom of creativity, you can run wild with your imagination. Storm is powerful enough to defeat all enemies with their spells. Storm act on the fly and with quick wits to overcome their adversaries. Storm will create new ways and things to build things, an imagination of science and technology. Once they get that spark, they jump on it. In most cases, Storm Wizards are curious, quick witted, unpredictable, innovative and allow their imagination to be bondless. Due to Storms sacrifices for damage, they can sometimes fall flat without the aid of another. This isn't so bad as Storm is said to be very social. If Wizard101 were like a book set around characters, the Storm character would be a sort of young mad-genious creating new invention after invention, and very affable, looking to show off their newest creation. As a side ability, Storm can dispel Charms, the opposite of Wards.

Myth on the other hand is predictable. You can study mythical creatures and record their behaviors for generations to know. Myth is structured and follow a set line of rules. They have a strong ability of making dreams and illusions come to life. When Myth gets inspiration, they must harness and control it without become excited. If they let their imagination wild, their creations will loose control run amock. Myth is powerful defeating one enemy at a time (opposed to Storms quick expoltion of groups). Myth can stand alone and be solitary with their line of Minions to back them up. They are quiet and keep to themselves. If Wizard101 were like a book set around characters, the Myth character would be strict and follow the rules and avoid too much activity. As a side ability, Myth can dispel Wards, the opposite of Charms.

So to cap off, Myth is predictable, Storm is unpredictable. Storm is free-willed and creative. Storm will act on their inspirations, but can get lost in so many choices they can't make a decision. Myth is illusions and dreams brought to life. They can not be as free-willed as Storm, least their summons run wild. Myth follow strict guid-lines to insure a correct result, while Storm is more likely to through caution to the wind and craft want comes to mind and go through trials and errors.
Nice post cunning sure many people have wondered this even when i was a little noob.

Freddy Battlehunterlvl90
Joseph Titansword lvl83
Adrian Spirit Wielderlvl 81
DUGANlvl69
JAck Frost lvl 51
PAtrick Goldlvl46
Morgrim Sandlvl24

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Impressive. I'd give you an A+ if I was your teacher for your 'Wizard101 Studies' class. I started making some thoughts about why they're different, but not much. This is solid. Extra Credit for you. I remember when I thought "Oh. Guess they ran out of things to do."