Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life. Underpowered?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 17, 2012
Alright. So I here a lot of people complaining about how weak life spells are, OMG they should be stronger, waa waa waa (I am a life primary myself). I'm inclined to agree. But let's think about this for a moment. life wizards can do the one thing that no one else can really do. They can heal other wizards (and themselves!) which is always helpful. But I like to to do a lot of soloing (life wizard soloing Unacceptable!) and it would be nice if life spells were a BIT stronger. Otherwise I have to waste a couple of turns so that I can get my Life Blade and my Life Shield and that thingy that the Death wizards have where it does 70% to the enemy and 30% to yourself. Then, and ONLY then, can I play my attack spell and do a lot of damage. In my opinion Centaur is really the only fair life spell in the game. I would actually be just fine with weaker life attack spells, if there were MORE of them. I just wanted to hear you guys' opinions because EVERYONE who ever had a life wizard is always complaining about this.

-

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
KKoop3 on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
Alright. So I here a lot of people complaining about how weak life spells are, OMG they should be stronger, waa waa waa (I am a life primary myself). I'm inclined to agree. But let's think about this for a moment. life wizards can do the one thing that no one else can really do. They can heal other wizards (and themselves!) which is always helpful. But I like to to do a lot of soloing (life wizard soloing Unacceptable!) and it would be nice if life spells were a BIT stronger. Otherwise I have to waste a couple of turns so that I can get my Life Blade and my Life Shield and that thingy that the Death wizards have where it does 70% to the enemy and 30% to yourself. Then, and ONLY then, can I play my attack spell and do a lot of damage. In my opinion Centaur is really the only fair life spell in the game. I would actually be just fine with weaker life attack spells, if there were MORE of them. I just wanted to hear you guys' opinions because EVERYONE who ever had a life wizard is always complaining about this.

-
I am fine with their strength, and I solo pretty much all the time. Yes, solo.
My only wish is that we had more damage spells. Sure we heal, but good golly, that's not all we do!

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
i solo on life as i always have. if you want to play as a school you like, the cost of using its strengths is dealing with its weaknesses. any experienced players would agree with me.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I don't find that Life is underpowered. I have soloed a very large part of the game with my life wizard including many bosses. I don't solo dungeons and certain Cheating bosses. It takes a little time to get set up but once you get that done, Life can make some very heavy hits. The current damage spells are just fine the way they are. You just have to learn how to use and buff them to get the most out of them.

As a healer, she crits quite often and in many cases can completely heal an ailing team member. She will infact sacrifice her own health to make sure the team all survives.

I would like to see a few more damage spells (rank 5 & 6 including another AoE) and FEWER healing boosts. We have more than enough of those now and we don't need any more heals......If we can't keep our team mates healed with the heals we already have, then we have not learned how to be a Life Wizard.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
I think life does fine, especially after forest lord. I like to think life wizards are really lax, and it's reflected in their fighting style where they can heal and do damage and take their time with the battle.

Join storm if you have such a problem with life damage.

The Endless Sorcerer

"Without love the truth cannot be seen"

Explorer
Apr 01, 2011
Life definitely isn't overpowered, though I would appreciate another multi hit spell

Survivor
Jul 30, 2011
Ha, no
I find life to be a good damage school, they have 40% blades and the second highest attack spell in the game spinysaur and a good all hit forest lord so underpowered no, and did i mention they can heal like a boss? so no not underpowered more on the overpowered side and can hit much faster than fire and are highly survivable with the second highest health and excellent heals. if you are having trouble with life then i suggest you change your strategy up because life is a very good school

Survivor
Jun 24, 2010
KKoop3 on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:

-
In my opinion, I think EVERY class is great. You just need the right blades the right place and the right stuff.

Life is great for healing and attacking.
Storm is strong but "very" low accuracy
Balance has very good "defence" (shields,blades,etc)
Ice is good with fighting also
Fire has low accuracy but has a good smash
Myth has minions, but can very frustrating when in battle when your minions aren't listening
Death is good for solo"ing" like healing and attacking.

So LIFE is not underpowered, it is just the blades and shields used.

It does not need a bit more of strength, it would be kind of well over powered. I mean heal and then strong attack.

Strategy... STRATEGY!!!
-Duncan GhostDreamer
&
-Scot EmeraldHeart

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
The Endless Sorcer... on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
I think life does fine, especially after forest lord. I like to think life wizards are really lax, and it's reflected in their fighting style where they can heal and do damage and take their time with the battle.

Join storm if you have such a problem with life damage.

The Endless Sorcerer

"Without love the truth cannot be seen"
Other than centaur, in the earlier lvls I find it really hard to get good damage out of an attack. Centaur is ok. Only with the addition of Forest Lord and Gnomes did life really start to even out (and maybe get a little ahead) with the other schools, but you still have to wait a while before you get those spells.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I love to solo on my Life wiz. Concentrate on gear and pet abilities that boost damage. Life isn't underpowered at all. You just have to develop and play it a little differently to make attacks stronger.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
KKoop3 on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
Other than centaur, in the earlier lvls I find it really hard to get good damage out of an attack. Centaur is ok. Only with the addition of Forest Lord and Gnomes did life really start to even out (and maybe get a little ahead) with the other schools, but you still have to wait a while before you get those spells.
Using blades and traps as well as Spirit Blades and Traps Plus other enhancements such as Tough, Giant, Monstrous or Sniper can make a difference in the amount of damage even at some of the lower levels. Since a player can't not get the Spirit Blades and Traps pryor to level 25, there are still ways to buff.

It might surprise you to learn that in many battles in the second arc, many life wizards are actually using buffed up Seraph and Centaur and doing some very nice damage. I know I have.

Life is not ahead of any other school. All are fairly well balanced. You just have to learn how to use them.

The one thing life does not need is more heals or healing boosts.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
bran4971 on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
Ha, no
I find life to be a good damage school, they have 40% blades and the second highest attack spell in the game spinysaur and a good all hit forest lord so underpowered no, and did i mention they can heal like a boss? so no not underpowered more on the overpowered side and can hit much faster than fire and are highly survivable with the second highest health and excellent heals. if you are having trouble with life then i suggest you change your strategy up because life is a very good school
I have no problem with my strategy. I think life is a very powerful school. With that and death as my secondary I have great potential in battle (one of the easiest solo battles ever for me was against the jade oni and he is a life boss). I have absolutely no problem with life but I hear lots of complaining and I appreciate that you guys disagree.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
As with any school, it's all about the gear and choices you pursue.I'll list what my level 90 life utilizes and the resulting stats.

Hat:Hades helm of retribution
Robe:Ravenous sun shamons armor
Boots:Boots of the cold sun pyramid
Athame:Blade of the felled Titan
Ring:Alpha Omega
Wand:Hades
Pet:Double damage double resist fairy

RESULTING STATS

Damage:88
Resist:34 universal
Accuracy:8 or 98%
Critical:333
Block:138 universal 201 to myth 205 to death (I utilize conviction to compensate for the low block)

While the resist may seem low if you consider nearly every heal will critical, this set up is by no means weak.Life can hit like a ton of bricks if you pursue the correct gear to do so.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Duncan GhostDreame... on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
In my opinion, I think EVERY class is great. You just need the right blades the right place and the right stuff.

Life is great for healing and attacking.
Storm is strong but "very" low accuracy
Balance has very good "defence" (shields,blades,etc)
Ice is good with fighting also
Fire has low accuracy but has a good smash
Myth has minions, but can very frustrating when in battle when your minions aren't listening
Death is good for solo"ing" like healing and attacking.

So LIFE is not underpowered, it is just the blades and shields used.

It does not need a bit more of strength, it would be kind of well over powered. I mean heal and then strong attack.

Strategy... STRATEGY!!!
-Duncan GhostDreamer
&
-Scot EmeraldHeart
Life: Okay

Storm: very low accuracy? really? I haven't seen a storm fizzle in pvp on my Promethean since, who known when.

Balance: balance having good defense I guess is "true" but we can solo, and solo good, it may take twice as long with our attacks... but we CAN solo, contrary to popular belief .

Ice: if balance has good "defense" than ice has perfect "defense"

Fire: accurate

Myth: accurate enough

Death: sure

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
Wizgamer105 on Sep 28, 2013 wrote:
Life: Okay

Storm: very low accuracy? really? I haven't seen a storm fizzle in pvp on my Promethean since, who known when.

Balance: balance having good defense I guess is "true" but we can solo, and solo good, it may take twice as long with our attacks... but we CAN solo, contrary to popular belief .

Ice: if balance has good "defense" than ice has perfect "defense"

Fire: accurate

Myth: accurate enough

Death: sure
In response to your comment on storm, this is only because storm gear is made for accuracy. Otherwise, storm is extremely inaccurate and frustrating to use.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Are you kidding me... Life is overpowered. My level 69 life always overkills in Zafaria by at least 3000 health by accident cause of his blades. And no, he doesn't have his full waterworks set.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
This has been a topic on the forums for way to long, but here's my opinion:

I have studied the school of life for sometime now on my main wizard. I made it to Dragonspyre and never need help from my friends, and rarely having my secondary school in my deck. I have not logged onto this wizard for a while because the attacks are slightly under-powered for what we have, for example; leprechaun and the tree guy (whats his name again?) are good for a couple of levels when you get them, but then there's an awkward moment between them and centaur where you cant really damage your opponent, and it repeats itself that way throughout the school. Most of my deck is blades, prisms, traps, and varying shields along with plenty of heals, but only twelve attacks- Six treants, and six centaurs. They're alright against an average opponent, but bosses and death guys, I'm dead faster than I can say cantaloupe! Life could be better than it already is, if we just got more attacks more frequently, or even one or two of the type of spells death gets so frequently. I would love to hear KI's opinion on the situation, if you read this, please respond guys!

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
KKoop3 on Sep 29, 2013 wrote:
In response to your comment on storm, this is only because storm gear is made for accuracy. Otherwise, storm is extremely inaccurate and frustrating to use.
Yea, storm gear, giving +80 storm boost, and accuracy, good stuff. (No sarcasm, their gear actually suits their playing style quite well)

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
Wizgamer105 on Sep 30, 2013 wrote:
Yea, storm gear, giving +80 storm boost, and accuracy, good stuff. (No sarcasm, their gear actually suits their playing style quite well)
Exactly. Which brings us back to the main theme of the thread. All school's have their ups and downs and are balanced out in one way or another. I just used Life as an example because it is one of the most complained about. Gear and spells for a specific school complement each other very well and are meant to be used together.

Survivor
May 17, 2012
the only thing people use life for is healing not attacking

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
firefuriouspetcoll... on Oct 2, 2013 wrote:
the only thing people use life for is healing not attacking
Uh... Sorry, nope! I never EVER heal unless I or another are going to die. Lifeblade + Feint + Life Trap + Centaur = 2000 damage on a boss with no resist or boost. That's good enough to take out anybody for the most part. Life wizards can pack a punch, and do, and therefore it is NOT just a healing school. Also, with the addition of Gnomes! and Forest Lord, life is slowly becoming less and less of a healing school.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2012
I personally think life is underpowered with the damage spells (of course I am a death wizard who has a strong boost attacking life wizards in duels) but they make up forit in healing spells I myself like to do a dungeon with one of my Friends who is a life wizard because my healing spells suck the best one I have is sacrafice

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
RavenLady777 on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
I am fine with their strength, and I solo pretty much all the time. Yes, solo.
My only wish is that we had more damage spells. Sure we heal, but good golly, that's not all we do!
the concept is to heal your friends when their weak or cast heal over times to keep them at high health when they are at high health if you would like to heal yourself and then attack be balance and spend training points in life spells up to satyr get a life mastery amulet you should be set for heals

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
Well i'm fire the best at two verses two and life is actually over powered but not like storm life is they keep absorbing over and over and major heals i act like this when i face a life wiz

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
critical blizzard on Oct 9, 2013 wrote:
the concept is to heal your friends when their weak or cast heal over times to keep them at high health when they are at high health if you would like to heal yourself and then attack be balance and spend training points in life spells up to satyr get a life mastery amulet you should be set for heals
I have all ready engaged a conversation with you, but I would like to know what school you are. This information should make it easier for me to help you understand.

~Shannon Skybreaker