Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do you use defeated or died?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 06, 2010
So most of us know that when our health drops to 0 we are defeated and teleported back to a safe place. However I know that alot of people use killed, died etc. instead of defeated (including me) and I was wondering what you guys use most often, defeated or dead.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
osiris222 on Aug 23, 2013 wrote:
So most of us know that when our health drops to 0 we are defeated and teleported back to a safe place. However I know that alot of people use killed, died etc. instead of defeated (including me) and I was wondering what you guys use most often, defeated or dead.
I use "died."
As in, "oh no, I just died!"

Explorer
Apr 01, 2011
I always say dead while on the game, but on the message boards I use defeated.
Rebecca Bright Level 90
Miranda Shadowflame Level 90
Sabrina Emeraldblossom Level 85
Victoria Roseblood Level 82
Diana Moonflower Level 77
Christina Goldenheart Level 71

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Both. When I'm just about to die, I say "I'm gonna die!" And when I do, I say "I just died". But when I'm referring to it at another time i say "I got defeated this one time by this boss".

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
depends on how I am saying it.

example
When someone else died
O no ___ just died

when I die
Ack I was defeated

but I usually mix it up

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
I say died I use defeated while on msg boards though

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Molly the Balance ... on Aug 23, 2013 wrote:
Both. When I'm just about to die, I say "I'm gonna die!" And when I do, I say "I just died". But when I'm referring to it at another time i say "I got defeated this one time by this boss".
Same here...

Survivor
Jul 18, 2013
i don't know its up to the wizard. I sometimes use died AND defeated. Well its the wizard's opinion.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I tend to say died, but that would imply there's no coming back. Since we always come back for more, perhaps defeated is a more accurate term. When talking to my friends in a chat environment outside of W101's quite hefty chat filter, I tend to say that some fight beat the tar out of me lol (or some other colorful phrases)

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009