Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Card Trade area in library.

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I think it would be a good idea if there were an area in the Spiral Libraries where you could trade without even being friends with someone.

Sometimes you don't have money or you can't find the cards you need at the Bazaar, but it's too hard to get people to be your friend and then trade with them.

I think this "Trade Room" could be in Wizard City, but also Krokotopia, Wysteria, Dragonspyre, and other places that have libraries too.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
It is so hard to find strangers interested in trading. They all think you're trying to scam them or something.

If there were an area where card trading was encouraged, things would be so much easier when you need that rare card but can't find it.

Explorer
Oct 14, 2008
I love this idea!

I really like trading cards with people and it would be really helpful for crafting due to certaint wizards only being able to make their class card.

maybe they could even add a wanted board in side the room they choose for the sanctioned card trading room. The board could be for wizards to say which card they are looking for by click on the board and it would bring up a list off all the card names available for trading. You would click on the card you are looking for and it would post the card along with your name next to it. Next to your name would be a message button so they could contact the person looking for that card if they happen to have it. Then the wizard could safely teleport to the safe card trading area and the transaction would be complete.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Needed 7 Wraith cards recently for crafting, and could not find any at Bazaar. I asked around, but no one would give me the time of day.

I wish there were a trading room.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Lucas Rain on Oct 4, 2013 wrote:
Needed 7 Wraith cards recently for crafting, and could not find any at Bazaar. I asked around, but no one would give me the time of day.

I wish there were a trading room.
craft wraiths lol

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
critical blizzard on Oct 11, 2013 wrote:
craft wraiths lol
You missed the point.

If there were a trading area, I wouldn't have to. That's why I'm posting in the idea forum rather than the crafting forum.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Tavia RedBreeze on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
I love this idea!

I really like trading cards with people and it would be really helpful for crafting due to certaint wizards only being able to make their class card.

maybe they could even add a wanted board in side the room they choose for the sanctioned card trading room. The board could be for wizards to say which card they are looking for by click on the board and it would bring up a list off all the card names available for trading. You would click on the card you are looking for and it would post the card along with your name next to it. Next to your name would be a message button so they could contact the person looking for that card if they happen to have it. Then the wizard could safely teleport to the safe card trading area and the transaction would be complete.
I was a little worrisome about the original idea, but this is kinda what I need, looking forward to the negotiating when I have the card someone wants and vice versa. Though some TC are not tradeable otherwise, they don't appear, these shouldn't be able to trade.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I also think there needs to be a spell buyer in this area who will buy your "No Trade" and "No Auction" cards. I am getting choked out with polymorphs from gardening...

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Lucas Rain on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
I also think there needs to be a spell buyer in this area who will buy your "No Trade" and "No Auction" cards. I am getting choked out with polymorphs from gardening...
Yea I really hate that too. I wind up throwing them away just to make room and it is such a waste. I wish we could at least feed unwanted and unsalable cards to our pets. At least then at least Something is gained from them as I don't use polymorphs too often as I have learned it is a great way to get myself killed lol. Excluding the life one. They are fun to use when you have folks around you to back you up and protect you but most of them time I am playing a vital role on a team and to change my use like that would really upset the team dynamics. Yea, I really don't like having to throw them away like that.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Lucas Rain on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
There's two options, throw them away or carry a few extra decks and keep the extra cards in the sideboards. When you do that, they don't count toward your 500 limit.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
seethe42 on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
There's two options, throw them away or carry a few extra decks and keep the extra cards in the sideboards. When you do that, they don't count toward your 500 limit.
Aware of that. I'm saying let's have another option.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Cool idea. I'm not big on trading tc, (i'm an extremely paranoid person) but its still a good idea to have that.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth (o: my experience bar magically vanished last time I leveled)

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Yeah, trade with strangers has gotten a bad name due to scammers and others who just want to mess with you. I think it is a really good feature though, and with some safeguards I believe this could be a way to meet nice people in the spiral.