Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Improving Chat Experience: Setting Status

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
Hi, there!

So, every time I play I get the infamous message, "Are You Busy?" and this got me thinking, "what if we can set a status so everyone can see?"

It can be a scroll down type thing somewhere in the Friends tab. Just a thought

Chatting is a huge part of MMOs and sometimes I really don't want to be disturbed from my questing by receiving constant messages of: "Are you busy? i need help" "Help me in a dungeon/tower?" "port"

And I know there is a feature of "Hidden to friends" but I wouldn't like to show offline to my friends, I would just like to let them know that I can't help them right now without writing the same message to like 5 different people.

Maria Cloud

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I still like this idea.

Helps if you desperately need dungeon help too, and can't have a full-on conversation about why you need help. Time is health in battle!

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
MariaCloud22 on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
Hi, there!

So, every time I play I get the infamous message, "Are You Busy?" and this got me thinking, "what if we can set a status so everyone can see?"

It can be a scroll down type thing somewhere in the Friends tab. Just a thought

Chatting is a huge part of MMOs and sometimes I really don't want to be disturbed from my questing by receiving constant messages of: "Are you busy? i need help" "Help me in a dungeon/tower?" "port"

And I know there is a feature of "Hidden to friends" but I wouldn't like to show offline to my friends, I would just like to let them know that I can't help them right now without writing the same message to like 5 different people.

Maria Cloud
Oh my gosh. Such a little thing, but my mind is blown. e.g.

Red for busy.
Green for available to help.
Another colour for requesting help when available.
Another for AFK, for extended periods of time.
Yellow for active but message me with requests (help with dungeon, boss, mob, etc.)

We already have the option to hidden to friends, mostly because we get spammed with help requests when we are busy. This is one of the only improvements I want this year.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Wizgamer105 on Oct 12, 2013 wrote:
Oh my gosh. Such a little thing, but my mind is blown. e.g.

Red for busy.
Green for available to help.
Another colour for requesting help when available.
Another for AFK, for extended periods of time.
Yellow for active but message me with requests (help with dungeon, boss, mob, etc.)

We already have the option to hidden to friends, mostly because we get spammed with help requests when we are busy. This is one of the only improvements I want this year.
OMG that is perfect :D we need this lol