Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Automatic purge of Friends List

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 03, 2012
when an account or character gets deleted, then all characters under that account or the character itself, should be automatically removed from everyone's friend's list. If there is some type of logic (such as character may return) that warrants the friend to stay on the friends list, then you can provide a pop up window or notification that a friend has been removed, banned, hasn't logged in x days and/or deleted from Kings Isle and the player can make the decision of keeping him/her on the friends list or removing them.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I'd like a friends list notification or display pane that lets me see who's been on recently, and the last date they were on.

I have some friends on my friends list that I added months ago, and they are no longer playing but they linger on my list until one day my list fills up and I can't add someone new.

Then I have to scrutinize every unfamiliar name and decide whether I should remove them or not. How did this person end up on my list? Do they still play?

I've removed a lot of folks whose names just didn't ring a bell with me, and it's PROBABLY because they haven't been on in a long time, but it could also be that a lot of wizard names sound alike.

I would hate to remove someone who was otherwise away for a while, but fully intended to come back in the summer or after camp or something. They would come back and see all their friends had removed them and they would have nobody to catch up with. :(

If I could see the last date they were on, and perhaps their membership status (membership lapsed = probably not coming back) it would make this easier.

As for people with multiple wiz who you want to remove, it does help to have them linked in some way, so you can remove the user, not just one wizard. This way, they can't hop on their other wiz and begin harassing you.