Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mastery amulets -Omi mastery (no pvp)

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 11, 2013
as the title says would be a good addition to the pve part of the game to have Omi mastery amulets( meaning all schools) with No PvP allowed on them would work the same as any other but as a option to work for any spell could even price it as 70k-100k crowns as it would be a 1 item doing 7 items job mainly for those who want to have a 2nd 3rd or 4th class but don't want keep buying a different amulet for each would still make the same amount of money even thought that's not the issue

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
RedDragon877 on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
as the title says would be a good addition to the pve part of the game to have Omi mastery amulets( meaning all schools) with No PvP allowed on them would work the same as any other but as a option to work for any spell could even price it as 70k-100k crowns as it would be a 1 item doing 7 items job mainly for those who want to have a 2nd 3rd or 4th class but don't want keep buying a different amulet for each would still make the same amount of money even thought that's not the issue
70k in crowns is over $80 in crowns. I don't think you know what "k" means. It means ,000 when placed after a numeral (number) so 70k is 70,000. I think the price is really high and too high for the crowns shop. And way too good of an item.

Defender
May 11, 2013
Im more then aware it means 70,000 and its a fair price for the effects so umm yeah

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
critical death on Jul 30, 2013 wrote:
70k in crowns is over $80 in crowns. I don't think you know what "k" means. It means ,000 when placed after a numeral (number) so 70k is 70,000. I think the price is really high and too high for the crowns shop. And way too good of an item.
Acually it litterally cost $100. . so let's get this striaght. i'm supposed to save up my allowance for months till i get a 100$ then use all that money on crowns. then blow all that money for some omni mastery amulet that i'm not gonna get the full use out of (the only non-fire spells i use are astral, life healing, tower shield, elemental blade, weakness, infection, ice beetle and storm beetle). yeah, no i'm not buying it. the only amulets i need and use is life mastery, and exualted life mastery. i would never buy this over priced item and i don't see anyone else buying it either. also, even if it was a lower priced item it'd be way to overpowered. even in PvE. yeah this item really shouldn't be in the crown shop. or in the game at all.

Evan firerider level 84 pyromancer
"did you honestly think that all those tower shields were gonna keep you alive!? I'm a Fire wizard! Like i wasn't gonna use link then efreet!

Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
Explorer
Mar 17, 2012
Ok for 1. the price is rediculously high. Brand new games that come out is $60 so um yea.
2. I think it should be 30k in crowns because it would of course be more expensive than a regular mastery but have a better buy.
And for 3. $80 in crowns is over the value of a year membership so yea.

Defender
May 11, 2013
sigh some people don't understand the fact it would be used for treasure cards as well and just because you don't like it does not mean you have to buy it I still say it would be a very useful item none the less the price is still fair

Defender
May 11, 2013
Not to mention the fact you can trade it threw the account so Umm lets not forget if you buy 1 of the amulets for each of your wizards that's 6 amulets for 1 account = 60,000 crowns anyways where as some people have multiple amulets for there wizards Point proven great idea for people who only want to buy 1 even if they don't use it to its full ability

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
RedDragon877 on Aug 23, 2013 wrote:
Not to mention the fact you can trade it threw the account so Umm lets not forget if you buy 1 of the amulets for each of your wizards that's 6 amulets for 1 account = 60,000 crowns anyways where as some people have multiple amulets for there wizards Point proven great idea for people who only want to buy 1 even if they don't use it to its full ability
But do you realize how much money it costs! I could use that money to renew my membership for a year (or like James said, buy a new video game). what I'm saying is, it's nerfed by the ridiculous price. in fact here's a chart:

Pros of Omni-mastery
1. universal mastery of all school allowing use of power pips for every spell. cutting the cost of each spell that is not of your school by half assuming you get nothing but power pips.
2. your side-deck can be filled with treasure cards you couldn't' use effectively before

cons of Omni-mastery
1. the price is around 80-100 dollars. not to many people can afford that and membership for a year cost about as much if not less.
2.most people with mastery amulets only use it for that one school (people with life mastery normally only need it for quick healing. people with ice or death mastery only use it so that they can use that school effectively.)
3. your school will always be stronger than the others you train in so you really only need one secondary school.
4. given the size of decks how are you going to use spells from multiple schools without ruining your deck balance.
5. if you're going to use treasure cards as a way to get the full value of the Omni-mastery, you'd have to spend a lot of gold on treasure cards. and without them the amulet is useless

sorry pal but this thing just isn't worth it. keep trying though

Historian
May 06, 2009
Great minds think alike as they say. I posted the same idea here earlier this month:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/should-these-masteryexalted-amulets-be-added-8ad6a41540c9285e0140df603961529e

...except it could be used for PvP. I'm a little annoyed that we posted the same idea within weeks of each other, yet you're getting more replies. C'est la ve as the Polarians put it.

But I have to agree with everyone else. 70,000-100,000 crowns is way too much. Houses don't even cost that much. Even if you're adding all the prices of the other Mastery Amulets you get your cost, it's just not a good business strategy because no one will look into buying them. 19995-25945 is probably a more reasonable price over 70,000, because you're not spending a games worth on it. If you look in the crowns shop, the most expensive items do not exceed 15000-20,000 crowns. None. So if you're going to make it expensive, it has to remain reasonable and not a complete outlier to current crown prices.

I priced my "Omni" (not Omi) Mastery amulets between 12500-15000 crowns which, to me, is fair. Also the Exalted version would be an extremely rare drop.

I think I have my answer on whether or not it should come into the game. I think yes, but not overpriced.

There are situations that some players have not stated that make this amulet a little more useful. The reason I made my idea, we because the Level 90 Daishiki set gave all Rank 8 versions of Leviathan, Forest Lord, and Snow Angel. Even if you were Storm, Ice, or Life with any Master amulet, you would still not have use of one spell. Since KI has yet to lower that ranks on these spells (as well as the spells on the level 90 Hawkrider and True Silver sets), it would help gain more leverage on your spells. Also, in days before the Astral spells were known, players could learn 2 complete secondary schools. Even with 1 Amulet, you were still at a disadvantage of using the other school. That was why I made my version.

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
I think the an omni-mastery amulet would be a bit overkill and wouldn't be cost effective, however I could see something like a bi-mastery amulet to make it more like the star and sun enemies you fight. That way you have something like a life and storm amulet for fire mages, or a myth and ice amulet for death, and so on for the other schools and school combinations, and maybe somewhere along the road we get the solar and lunar shields and blades too, just for more fun.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2011
James Hawkeyes on Aug 21, 2013 wrote:
Ok for 1. the price is rediculously high. Brand new games that come out is $60 so um yea.
2. I think it should be 30k in crowns because it would of course be more expensive than a regular mastery but have a better buy.
And for 3. $80 in crowns is over the value of a year membership so yea.
I think that will be too low. Because for one you get to use all 7 schools at once, and if you buy them by their self it'll cost 70,000(60,000 for every school other then yours). So at I think it should cost at least 60,000, even though I would pay 100,000 crowns for both my accounts.

Defender
May 11, 2013
+if you cant afford it I guess that is tough cookies for you for those players who could and don't want to have to buy 1 of each it is 100% of a fair price Simple as that bottom line

Survivor
Sep 26, 2011
well here is your problem. only the pvp players would buy them. since most ranked use tc like crazy. now yes the price is fair enough but once again no need for it since a single class mastery works I own 2 of each mastery now and changing is annoying but better then 600 of my cash. but if it is no pvp then what is the use you can even beat az with a single class. think about it now. and if it was pvp sorry but ranking will become inpossable since every warlord will own it. and pvp has more problems then it needs as is. so once again price is great for it if you just want to spend money. heck I spend more then that price in crowns a month now. once again think of the money you spend even pack gear will be more feasible. so if it is no pvp then it will flop