Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death Question?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Hey guys, I'm about to get my Death into Wintertusk, and I need to know something. He currently stands at level 43, will MAYBE be 44 when he gets into WT. I know death has the attack-heal thing. But is that enough? Will I need to train Satyr to make it through later worlds? Usually all my characters end up training Satyr, just need to know if death can make it. Thank you.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
As death, there is really no reason for you to train satyr or really any other healing spells.

Personally, I would not quest in Wintertusk until level 50. If you haven't finished Dragonspyre, I would suggest finishing that world first.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2011
You will not need Sartyr. I have a promethium death and only trained life to sprite so that i can remove infection in PVP battles. Stack blades and traps to increase your drains. Use sacrifice with a death shield. Once you reach 48 it will become a lot easier with scarecrow be wise you will drain all your opponents.

Explorer
Apr 14, 2013
Eric Crowspear on Jul 24, 2013 wrote:
Hey guys, I'm about to get my Death into Wintertusk, and I need to know something. He currently stands at level 43, will MAYBE be 44 when he gets into WT. I know death has the attack-heal thing. But is that enough? Will I need to train Satyr to make it through later worlds? Usually all my characters end up training Satyr, just need to know if death can make it. Thank you.
It would be better if you trained to tower shield. It would help when you use sacrafice.

Defender
Jan 22, 2012
I'd recommend waiting a bit before you get into Wintertusk. Honestly, the bosses are a big step up from the ones you're probably facing in Dragonspyre right now. When my Fire girl was a Grandmaster she still often needed help with them. So maybe try out Wintertusk, see if you can cope with it, leave it for a while if you can't.
I didn't need to train to Satyr, but it would be handy if you have a pet with may cast Sprite/Fairy, or you have trained up to at least Sprite. Just see how you go.
Sierra Ashblood, Transcdendent

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
lol my friend has a death wizard (lvl 60-something, almost 90) and she has not trained a life spell at all, she says that with the right amount of blades traps (you gotta love feint) you never need any healing other than death and the occaisional pixie. She has in fact completed wt and so have I :)

If you are ever feeling down, have some peanut butter.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I think you have to be a certain level for WT.
But as to healing, no, not needed. Unless you want to help others, but for me, sacrifice works fine for that.
You will have big problems starting WT without scarecrow. Mobs hit hard, and use towers. So carry pierce in your sideboard.
You will level up fast in WT, and when you hit 56, you can craft your WT gear, which is awesome for death.
Work on a spritely pet and as others said, ice to tower to help with harder hitting bosses.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Okay so I won't train, thanks for the advice, and BTW I have beat Dragonspyre, I HAVE to do WT to gain for Celestia. I know what is in store, 4 wizards above 60. Thanks for concerns.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Satyr isn't needed. It is a good spell though. You can last without it