Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Drop spells

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 19, 2011
Dear Developers,

With new spells coming out from hoard packs there is no other possible way of getting them without
A :wasting crowns Or B: wasting money. Can you update some bosses to drop some spells such as
Deer knight,Catalan,Lord of the knight, fomori giant and the fire spell which i forgot the name of.
pls make happen

your friend
Jeremy

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
Well KI will not consider this.Its crowns or craft.Happy pack farming and crafting for the spells .

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
JEFFandJANE on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
Dear Developers,

With new spells coming out from hoard packs there is no other possible way of getting them without
A :wasting crowns Or B: wasting money. Can you update some bosses to drop some spells such as
Deer knight,Catalan,Lord of the knight, fomori giant and the fire spell which i forgot the name of.
pls make happen

your friend
Jeremy
Sorry that's just not so.
Example is Catalan:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Catalan

These spells do have drops or can be crafted.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
You can camp the bazaar for some of these - I got a Deer Knight and a Dr. Von's Monster this way.

Catalan is easy to farm but I think he only ever drops a tc catalan on the first go.

Some of the drop rates for these things are awful and you can spend days stuck in your own personal purgatory of repeatedly farming a certain boss for a card you only ever need one of.

Spell and crafting quest tc should not be in packs, period. They should be the reward for reasonable questing activity. If people want to actually cast Deer Knight without having to do the questing for this, they should be able to rip some packs and get a variant Deer Knight, same as you can rip packs and get variant Dryad (Flowering Dryad) and variant Forest Lord (Forest Lord Cub) etc. Of course, these variant copies won't satisfy the needs of the crafting or spell quest, they're just there so players can try the spells and see how they work.