Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why do I NEVER win?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 30, 2011
I never seem to win in pvp as a lvl 71 wizard who is a private with 33 wins and 33 loses.Usually if I win its cause a storm's insane bolt hits them.All the spells I have are death trained up to Dr. von and secondary myth with no mastery (no crowns).One reason I never win is cause my attacks barely show i got a lot of boosts I have to discard.Btw the #s up there are my 2nd age my first is 5-19.I don't do ranked that often if you are wondering.My # is 499 2nd and 446 1st.I do not have reshuffle so carry some tc and no tower tc (I am broke so better farm halfang ).I did make it to corporal today with a rating off 531 and lost it .Can someone provide me with a strategy or deck.I will tell you if I rank up or what goes on.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Blade a few times, skeletal dragon, doom and gloom, and then work their health down. If you can keep doom and gloom up, you should be fine. Waterworks or crafting gear would be the best gear. The crafted ring and athame or the ones from the tower of the helephant would be good choiced for ring and athame. Use bad juju before they attack so that their attacks are crippled. Get a pet with at least spell-proof and spell-defying. Try to also get spritely, fairy, and pain-giver, but that exact combo is hard to get.

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
Aaron SpellThief on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
Blade a few times, skeletal dragon, doom and gloom, and then work their health down. If you can keep doom and gloom up, you should be fine. Waterworks or crafting gear would be the best gear. The crafted ring and athame or the ones from the tower of the helephant would be good choiced for ring and athame. Use bad juju before they attack so that their attacks are crippled. Get a pet with at least spell-proof and spell-defying. Try to also get spritely, fairy, and pain-giver, but that exact combo is hard to get.
I recommend getting not only the waterworks gear, but the tower of the helephant gear . if you dont know wt i'm talking about march on up there with a team, and get the ring and athame, they're really really good.

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
I dont have bad juju yet so I am gonna quest till I get it.Here is my gear:
Hangman's hood
Hangman's cape
Hangman's boots
Bubba my starfish with 8 resist spritely and ice trap.Bubba is almost epic.
A wand I got from a pack that gives 1 power pip 30 critical and block detonate and 5 fire wand spells that do 130 damage.
Bear's claw of death
Shango's deathblade amulet
Bear's ring of death ( or something like that)
I dont know the deck but the lvl 60 deck.

My stats:
3553 health
410 mana (unessary)
Pips:89%
Critical 126 30 others
80 universal block
0 stun resist
2 armor piercing
11 healing in 0 out
70 damage for death only.
36 universal resist
0 accuracy.
57 crowns and 1 arena ticket
518 gold.

I also have a thane's axe and shield with 55 universal critical 75% tower shield and ice 130 5 damage wands.The reason why I don't equip that is it would ruin my block.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
You never win because you think like PvE.
Try some death builds from http://www.duelist101.com/

A few notes: Use treasure cards, they dont make you a noob.
Shield.
Heal.
Use your best gear.

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
KOblivion on Jun 27, 2013 wrote:
You never win because you think like PvE.
Try some death builds from http://www.duelist101.com/

A few notes: Use treasure cards, they dont make you a noob.
Shield.
Heal.
Use your best gear.
When I pvp my deck has 10 new cards in 3 infection 3 doom and gloom 2 poisons and 2 vampires.Also I took some advice from a knight and got corporal today.

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
Few poison, some bone dragon, lots of tower of you have them, if you don't then put dream shield and the shields you can learn from other school that shields like fire and ice or something, some blades(death blades, sprit blades), few more death attacks(vampire, Frankie,) Sun spells,the ones that adds damage to your spells, star spells, doom, infection.

Note: it may see a lot of spells but once you figured out is not that much.

Survivor
May 21, 2013
Tyler Legendfriend on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
I never seem to win in pvp as a lvl 71 wizard who is a private with 33 wins and 33 loses.Usually if I win its cause a storm's insane bolt hits them.All the spells I have are death trained up to Dr. von and secondary myth with no mastery (no crowns).One reason I never win is cause my attacks barely show i got a lot of boosts I have to discard.Btw the #s up there are my 2nd age my first is 5-19.I don't do ranked that often if you are wondering.My # is 499 2nd and 446 1st.I do not have reshuffle so carry some tc and no tower tc (I am broke so better farm halfang ).I did make it to corporal today with a rating off 531 and lost it .Can someone provide me with a strategy or deck.I will tell you if I rank up or what goes on.
try saving money for a crowns if you can't then ask a friend for gifting if that doesn't work then farm waterworks and helephant tower until you get a myth mastery and set up your deck with about 4 skeletal drakes and 2 dr vons and 3 vampires and carry like 5 infections and 3 doom and glooms and if you enchant carry the full set of them and also trap stack more since death doesn't really use a life mastery since they don't need it (that's why death is my best and favorite school) and carry like 2 wraiths and a few poisons but if you end up fighting a cmyth person or a person wearing a myth mastery don't skeletal dragon or poison at all because people like that loves to carry shift and since you're death people will always expect you to mostly use skeletal dragon or poison to get off shields so try piercing and using dr von and use less blades since you'll need to use sacrifice and also try cloaking up plaugues and virgulent plagues so they won't know what you're using and it will be easier for you to win since you won't get hurt as bad and plus if you still wanna use poison or skeletal dragon on a myth person or person using myth mastery cloak a bunch of vaporize cards (myth dispel just so ya know) then use drake and poison so they can't shift and then when you have them around at 1600 health spam infections and them doom and gloom (if you're not at full health heal then doom and gloom and shield more) and you should carry the full set of tower shield of 2 shields from each of your secondary schools like 2 dream shields 2 valcanic shields stuff like that since it will be easier so i hope this helps you since death is a very solid school to pvp on and great for soloing since you don't have to waste time healing when you can heal in your attacks so i hope you take my advice -_- (Blaze ravenmender level 59 Blaze moonmender promethean)

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Tyler Legendfriend on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
You can farm waterworks for a myth mastery amulet. And discarding is expected because you'll need cards that aren't in your hand.