Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why Does Everybody Hate Marlybone

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 07, 2012
Really I loved Marely. It was a good place for me. It had a bunch of quest which I could do as I leveled up. And this was one of the world's I really counted on. ENDLESS SIDE QUESTS! [ maybe some dont like but that fine with me ] . I can just level up here beside having to go back to the quest I find SUPER HARD. So that's why I love Marely Bone! [ Not like i like dogs I LOVE cats but I still love this world ].

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
PlayHard101 on Aug 28, 2013 wrote:
Nope, the most times I've been pulled into duels is in MooShu.
Cave of Solitude - AH!
Kishibe Village - AH!
Don't remind me of the Cave of Solitude. Ugh. But Marleybone is currently my favorite world almost solely because of the combat music and the Sherlock Holmes allusions.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2013
I personally didn't like Marleybone and was ecstatic to get out of there. Surprisingly, not because I got pulled. (I get extremely careful when it comes to being pulled so in Marleybone I was practically glued to the far end of the "sidewalk" ) The setting, for me, was gloomy and dark and the quests seemed repetitive. I constantly found myself marking my area and running out of mana because walking all the way back to someone was just a pain! Despite this, the dungeons came easy for me.

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
It is not only the atmosphere and the battles constantly, there are worse. Its the AI of everything. It was made loosely as the game wasnt too big and mistakes weren't a big deal at the time. DragonSpyre came and fixed it, i'd say. I didnt care much for mooshu, it wasn't bad, but DS was a key point in the story.

I rarely got pulled, but i struggle to kill clockwork golems on the streets when i do.

Just my 2 cents worth.

-Brittany DarkDust, level 20-some Necromancer and pro assassin

Survivor
Feb 10, 2013
I love Marleybone. My wizard is still in crock, but i am in the temple of storms and i hate it
Can't wait till marleybone!!!

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Taylor DragonTalon on Feb 26, 2015 wrote:
I love Marleybone. My wizard is still in crock, but i am in the temple of storms and i hate it
Can't wait till marleybone!!!
And the Temple of Storms are the best place in Krokotopia.

Survivor
May 16, 2015
I didn't really care for the quest setting (how it's always on a rooftop and dark out), I did like the little references here and there though, like Sherlock and Doctor Who

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
I never got caught in Marleybone as much as I did in the Cave of Solitude, but I suppose I don't like Marleybone because it doesn't feel 'magical' to me.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2011
Personally. Marleybone is not one of my favorite worlds. I do not have patience and I just keep getting pulled into battles and having to flee and walk all the way back. ( I did not have a mount at this point.) But my main reason is because for some reason it made me feel sad. The dark and gloomy music and the dark areas. I also had some quest trouble in here cause I lost my quest and took me a long time to find. But what I do like is how the is DOGS AND CATS!!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING. Plus I loved how is was based on London/England like with Big Ben and stuff like that. Steven soul stalker 100 Anthony swift 100

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
I personally hate it because on the quest for the queens rescue they make it a lot of stages its annoying! im pretty patient but once you get there it takes 5 hours to complete it (well that's what it took me and I didn't even finish it yet) -Allison summerbreeze lvl:49 fire wizard

Survivor
Apr 01, 2015
Me, I like MarlyBone. Reason is because of one, the London scheme, and two, Big Ben.

Erica DaisyDreamer 50. Usually there to PVP

Explorer
Jan 15, 2013
I used to hate Marleybone, but a friend helped me to look more into it, and I realized how fabulous it was!

Survivor
Jan 31, 2010
I think everyone hates Marleybone because of the unnecessary battles that you occur when simply walking across the street. Truthfully it is extremely frustrating to be returning from a boss battle with low HP or mana and being forced into a battle when returning to finish the quest. Plus, the place itself is extremely gloomy. HOWEVER, I love the references to certain games and the plot to the whole place. I mean, who doesn't love London? c:

Megan Moonleaf, Level 65

Survivor
Jun 17, 2015
MarleyBone is one of my favourite worlds! I personally love all the references such as 'BarkingHam palace', and all that. They make me laugh.

Also, it has a very clever art style. Although, unfortunately, it is a short-lived world and doesn't take very long to complete. But over all, MarleyBone is great. I don't know why people would hate it (?)

Survivor
Oct 26, 2012
Swaga muffin on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
l Marleybone it was fun i think some people hate it cause of the trouble walking on sides and not being caught i have gotten caught a few times but it was fun Level 88
Marley bone was my favorite world and I did get caught in battle but other the than the music is great and the atmosphere.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2015
People probably hate MB because they can get pulled into battles more easily than in KT and WC.

I personally love MB also. I love the area & the music, though I rarely have the sound on. It's also fun passing by all the references to classic London and Sherlock Holmes.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2015
People don't like it because some people hate leaving one battle and being suck right in to another one.

Defender
May 17, 2014
Usually the players who are on their first wizard adore it. Why? It's really easy and short. And that's exactly why wizards who are on their 2nd-6th wizard don't. I'm not saying that all people on their 2nd wizard hate it. A lot (and I mean a lot) of thise people adore it (like me :D)

Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
It is my daughter's favorite world, and I like it as well even though I was one of those that got caught in quit a few extra battles. I literally could get into a fight by turning my wizard around to face my daughter when we were running Kat's Lab together. We both laughed, though I did not laugh until that fight was over. I was so good at this that she found most of the smokestacks herself while I , uh, kept the natives busy. 4 or 5 times. Daughter loves the fact that it is all at night. She rocks with that. Cheers!

Survivor
May 05, 2010
I think MB is ok, i really like the Doctor Who references (like the red TARDIS), the music is fine and i dont get sucked into battles too much, but can someone tell me ALL the quests needed to unlock Chelsea Court from first to last? i cant seem to figure it out.

Thanks in advance.
Fred FireFlame lvl 38(almost 39) stuck in MB

Survivor
Oct 26, 2012
RavenLady777 on Jun 11, 2013 wrote:
It seems the people that dislike it most are those running head on and getting pulled into duels. This is not like the previous worlds. This world teaches you lessons (or attempts to anyway) in patience...and patience is required not only here but in the worlds to follow.

I like Marleybone a lot.
I believe you are right. It's one of my favs under Celestia and Avalon. Wizard City is good too. Anyway, I don't like how they changed some of the voices and the places where some characters stand now. Both didn't seem needed. It looks like they got bored and changed random things to pass the time. They even added new teleporters (the hydrants) and colored all of them. As if having different designs and appearing on your map wasn't enough, they even labled them all. Although, for new players who don't know what those places are, the labels probably don't help much. As for the question I see above me, just do them all. At your level, they will all be quick and easy. Give yourself a small deck, too. All you need will probably be 4 meteor cards in deck and 2 blades. That will be enough for almost every battle in Marleybone. Most quests just have you do a lot of running around. Use a mount if you got one and start racing about talking to every dog on the street and the roofs. The criminals and police I can understand but why are there so many civilian dogs on the roof tops?

Explorer
Jun 20, 2015
I actually don't know. Marleybone is my favourite world and I love everything about it. The music is just awesome, if I could make it my ringtone for my phone I would. And I Love the storyline. And it's also a world that is based of 19th century England, which makes it even better (sorry, but I just love things that are based of resent history). I wanted to go to Marleybone ever since I first tried out the Five B.O.X.E.S. event, because all the cool machinery. And about getting pulled into fights more easily, well, in Krokotopia I got pulled into fights every 20 minutes while in Marleybone that's happening only every 2 hours or so. I actually hated Krok and once I was done with Krokopatra, I never returned. Don't want to leave Marleybone, but I have to after I beat Meawiarty.

-Alexandria Dreamcatcher,

Survivor
Mar 20, 2011
I have no problem with patience, the two problems I had with the world were that it was impossible to get anywhere quickly without being pulled into a battle. Also, this world is where they first start giving you mandatory dungeons that are more that an hour long, which when you are in school for most of the day and have homework, it is harder to find that length of time. However, I loved the story line and the scenery with the whole thing being based in a mock London.
-Flint Ravenblood45
Wolf Ravenblood26

Survivor
Sep 23, 2015
Marlybone is based of England. Since I have a history of England: I just cry tears of joy when I saw Marlybone

Survivor
Aug 25, 2012
Dustin SwiftEyes on Jun 10, 2013 wrote:
I was wondering,why does everybody hate Marlybone? I always loved Marlybone, I loved the music and almost everything else. Please reply. ----- Dustin Swift Eyes Level 35 PS. Is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
I dislike marleybone because the dungeons there are way too long.. Like big ben or the spiral key side quest. Also Dr. Katenzein's lair was way too long for people in the mid level of 30's. And also the ironworks... This is why I think people dislike marleybone. This is probably not a problem for everyone, but this is just what I think. Don't get me wrong the detail in marleybone was simpliy amazing.
Jason Pearlmask~ LEGENDARY PYROMANCER.