Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What does the Taunt spell do?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 08, 2013
Ok I am really confused on what exactly the purpose of taunt is. I mean I just don't get it at all. If someone can help me out on what it really is supposed to do that would be great. See you in the spiral! Thanks!

Jasmine DragonBane level 53

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
If you use taunt, the enemies are more likely to target you.

Defender
Aug 08, 2012
I think it distracts them, I'm not really sure.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
puppylover88888 on Jun 9, 2013 wrote:
Ok I am really confused on what exactly the purpose of taunt is. I mean I just don't get it at all. If someone can help me out on what it really is supposed to do that would be great. See you in the spiral! Thanks!

Jasmine DragonBane level 53
It causes the mobs/boss to target you over anyone else in the same duel. In theory. It doesn't always work, and is a total waste if you are soloing.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
When you use one of the taunt spells, it makes the enemies target you. Not really helpful when soloing.. Well not helpful ever for me.

Alyssa Fairyheart
Level 80

Survivor
Sep 11, 2011
they r mainly ice spells that make the enemy target u. they have taunt spells for all schools but they r mainly ice. btw I am a ice student

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
Subdue is the reverse, it makes enemies LESS likely to target you.

Defender
Oct 24, 2010
It's a spell that allows NPC creatures to attack you by a chance. It won't work on other players like pvp though.
I recommend using it when either you are ice or when your teamate(s) are very low on health.

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
It makes the enemy hit you more pacify is less.