Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fake quest?!?!? Need answers please!?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 22, 2012
Um, well on my fire wizard, Allison NightSpear level 64 (i think) finishing celestia, I have beat Wintertusk, but i get one of those tutorial tips from Bjorn (I think) he says that he has new spells or knowlege and to see him at once, my mom and I both got this and when we went to him we couldn't talk to him! Why is this happening? On my younger wizard as well, abigail nightspear level 32 currently in Chelsea court, got a tip from Abrose a while ago that he needed me and it was urgent, I think it was right when I got to level 30, but when I went to him he said "keep searching, we must find out all that we can about Malistaire's plans" or something like that. Why is this happening?? I did not switch computers or uninstal the game either so that is not the reason . Why do I get these fake quests and waste my time switching realms and logging out and in to find out why it's happening!? Please help me.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
The NightSpear on May 22, 2013 wrote:
Um, well on my fire wizard, Allison NightSpear level 64 (i think) finishing celestia, I have beat Wintertusk, but i get one of those tutorial tips from Bjorn (I think) he says that he has new spells or knowlege and to see him at once, my mom and I both got this and when we went to him we couldn't talk to him! Why is this happening? On my younger wizard as well, abigail nightspear level 32 currently in Chelsea court, got a tip from Abrose a while ago that he needed me and it was urgent, I think it was right when I got to level 30, but when I went to him he said "keep searching, we must find out all that we can about Malistaire's plans" or something like that. Why is this happening?? I did not switch computers or uninstal the game either so that is not the reason . Why do I get these fake quests and waste my time switching realms and logging out and in to find out why it's happening!? Please help me.
I understand you right there because when i turned lvl 89, my death teacher, Dworgyn, said he had a new spell for me but when i went there i couldn't talk to him at all! (Blaze Moonmender promethean)

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
Survivor
May 29, 2011
i get those too its annoying. Isaac Icestaff lvl 55 or higher wiz

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
They're "glitches from the past" basically. Previous spell quests that you've completed actually. The game thinks you've yet to get the quest so it tells you to go to whoever gives the quest. Either that or the spell's qualifications have changed but you did the quest before they changed.

Survivor
May 18, 2012
I get it too, it's really annoying.
When I was level 19, I still got messages that new wizards get such as
"This area has monsters in it, walk on the sidewalk"
and also
"You see those red things? They're wisps"

They get annoying, because think they're really important.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
TheAwesomeMyth on May 30, 2013 wrote:
They're "glitches from the past" basically. Previous spell quests that you've completed actually. The game thinks you've yet to get the quest so it tells you to go to whoever gives the quest. Either that or the spell's qualifications have changed but you did the quest before they changed.
This is a correct answer. NPCs will sometimes have problems, and they might summon you for no reason. I believe you can turn this off in settings under notifications, change it to 'Critical Only.'
That should help,
- A Death Scholar

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
as a experienced player i have noticed this to and some reasons why it happens.

1. you have not been playing for a long time.
2. you have reached a milestone (like lvl 30) in your studies so the game thinks you have a quest.
3. you are a low lvl so it happens more often
4. KI is trying to fix this glitch for a while but still cant for some reason.
5. you got to a certain lvl to fast.
hoped this helped

-jack skullbreeze master of fire

"knowledge is power, use it wisely"

Survivor
Apr 11, 2013
Number1337 on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
I get it too, it's really annoying.
When I was level 19, I still got messages that new wizards get such as
"This area has monsters in it, walk on the sidewalk"
and also
"You see those red things? They're wisps"

They get annoying, because think they're really important.
I got the same thing when I was level 90!