Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wysteria - Don't Eat the Leave & Eolise's key

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 02, 2013
Hi,

Last night, I spent an hour and half on the fighting portions of these quests. I think it is ridiculous. I had to fight 20 green men using 150 mana points for an hour just to get 4 leaves. I also spent for an half hour to fight 10 wood goblins to get Eolise's key.

Who has the patience and time to do this?

I think you should automatically give it to the player after, say, defeating 10 green men and 6 wood goblins.

Thank you.

Keller Silverthorn

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
I know those are annoying quests. The one I'm stuck on right now is defeat show ghost thingys and collect key in mooshu. I also hear the defeat and collect quests in celestia are TERRIBLE!!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Rainbow0839 on May 21, 2013 wrote:
I know those are annoying quests. The one I'm stuck on right now is defeat show ghost thingys and collect key in mooshu. I also hear the defeat and collect quests in celestia are TERRIBLE!!
Altho I did have the same issue with Wysteria they have tweaked Celestia and Zafaria so the do not collects are not so mind numbing now.

The only thing I did not like about the green men is they seemed to be a little challenging for the level wizard I was. I did notice the last run thru they did lower their health because I am pretty sure they were 825 and now are in the 700's.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Its true, Zafaria and Celestia have terrible defeat-and-collect quests, but Azteca has a few bad ones too.

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
death279wizard on May 21, 2013 wrote:
Hi,

Last night, I spent an hour and half on the fighting portions of these quests. I think it is ridiculous. I had to fight 20 green men using 150 mana points for an hour just to get 4 leaves. I also spent for an half hour to fight 10 wood goblins to get Eolise's key.

I think you should automatically give it to the player after, say, defeating 10 green men and 6 wood goblins.

Thank you.

Keller Silverthorn
To me, I just finished Wysteria for the 2nd time, but I say that with my experience, if you MASSIVELY overkill or just use smaller spells, you collect more often, is how it worked for me, but still, this game was not meant to be a walk in the park.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2013
Like Camperson said this game was not meant to be a walk in the park but think this way even if you don't get the item right away you gain experience and can figure out a better strategy for fighting that enemy and you can get more cool items from the enemies. Sure it may be a tad annoying but think of it like school you might not get the question on the worksheet right but come time for the test you will be determined to get it right!

Sincerely, Tarlac Owldreamer level 29 Adept Fire Wizard.

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
I just finished my defeat and collect quest. After fighting 20 battles, I jumped into someone else's. He had them all almost dead and I did nothing. Finished!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Anytime you have to fight multiple battles with street mobs to get only a few items, Take a look at the badge section of your book. If the creature you are battling has a badge attached to it, you will fight more battles than with any creature that does not have a badge. The Green men are tied to a plant badge.

@Northlite, the health for the Green men has always been 750.

@TheAwesomeMyth, the collects in Cl and Zf were supposed to have been adjusted down a little in the last update. From what I have encountered with my Balance last night (my third wiz through CL) I don't see much if any change.

As for those in Az, at this point, I don't even want to go back there.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2013
Thank you for all of your support and input on this matter especially Dragonlady1818 and TheAwesomeMyth . Now that I know what I can expect in these quests, I will keep an open mind.

@Camperson & Asa4500 - I never expected this game to be a "walk in the park". I expect it to be enjoyable. I spent three hours with a friend battling through grizzleheim to get to Jotun. I found that enjoyable. I spent an hour defeating Freddy Nine Lives in Marleybone on my own without using a single potion. I found that enjoyable. I guess I expected to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

@Asa4500 - And your analogy to the school test is incorrect. It is more like a test given to you in multiple choice format where there are 4 correct answers out of 100 possible choices and you need to calculate each one to get the right answer. You can have my "cool" things; all I want is to have fun and finish the quest.

Couldn't they have made it a dungeon? They could give you a maximum period of time of when you may complete the task at hand. I would have gone to bed instead had I known.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2012
death279wizard on May 21, 2013 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you.

Keller Silverthorn
I Had To Fight About 5 Green Men It Has Turned Out Easier To Follow The Quest Helper An Hope It's Right.