Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What happened to the Hybrids?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 03, 2009
When training first came out, everyone was trying to get a hybrid, but nowadays it's the stats. I want a Nightwalker so bad but all the pets I see are good-stat pets that aren't Orthrus. Do any other people still try to get hybrids in the crowd of people wanting good stats for there pets?

Scarlet Hawk
Promethean Necromancer
Amber Rose
Apprentice Sorcerer
"Why? The world may never know."

Explorer
Apr 08, 2011
Hi there. If you're still looking to get a Nightwalker pet, I have one and don't mind hatching it with you. I will be at the hatchery on Thursday, May 9th, 2013 at 12pm (PST) in realm Sunbird. Let me know if this date and time works for you.

Valerian DragonStalker
Promethean Sorcerer

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Scarlet Hawk on May 5, 2013 wrote:
When training first came out, everyone was trying to get a hybrid, but nowadays it's the stats. I want a Nightwalker so bad but all the pets I see are good-stat pets that aren't Orthrus. Do any other people still try to get hybrids in the crowd of people wanting good stats for there pets?

Scarlet Hawk
Promethean Necromancer
Amber Rose
Apprentice Sorcerer
"Why? The world may never know."
I think it's because there are so many pets in the crown shop and in the bundles is why some don't try to hatch hybrids any more. Another reason might be because a lot of wizards (especially new ones) can't hatch and don't have the snacks to be able to train what they have.

I've started to look at creating hybrids again, now that I've got 3-4 excellent pets on each of my wizards..

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
All hatched pets have hybrid stats, but a hybrid is something rare with a new look. Stats are really important, so people focus more on that.

Defender
May 03, 2009
biological cronicl... on May 7, 2013 wrote:
Hi there. If you're still looking to get a Nightwalker pet, I have one and don't mind hatching it with you. I will be at the hatchery on Thursday, May 9th, 2013 at 12pm (PST) in realm Sunbird. Let me know if this date and time works for you.

Valerian DragonStalker
Promethean Sorcerer
It seems like I'm always looking :P
I wish I could but I can't play on Thursdays :(
Maybe Friday, May 10th, 8:00 P.M. Pacific time?

See ya!

Scarlet Hawk
Promethean Necromancer

Amber Rose
Apprentice Sorcerer

Explorer
Apr 08, 2011
Friday, May 10th, 8PM PST realm Sunbird at Hatchery. That works for me. See you there.

Valerian DragonStalker
Promethean Sorcerer

Defender
May 03, 2009
Scarlet Hawk on May 7, 2013 wrote:
It seems like I'm always looking :P
I wish I could but I can't play on Thursdays :(
Maybe Friday, May 10th, 8:00 P.M. Pacific time?

See ya!

Scarlet Hawk
Promethean Necromancer

Amber Rose
Apprentice Sorcerer
And I forgot the realm! It'll be Lincoln, area 1.

K, see ya!

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
I have tried to make a hybrid in the past [ jade hound ], but it's just allot of money to spend for something when you only get a 'chance', so people tend to not go for hybrids anymore.

Defender
May 03, 2009
biological cronicl... on May 8, 2013 wrote:
Friday, May 10th, 8PM PST realm Sunbird at Hatchery. That works for me. See you there.

Valerian DragonStalker
Promethean Sorcerer
K sunbird realm. Area 1?

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
MythicPlayer on May 8, 2013 wrote:
I have tried to make a hybrid in the past [ jade hound ], but it's just allot of money to spend for something when you only get a 'chance', so people tend to not go for hybrids anymore.
I actually do own a Jade Hound with very nice stats that fit my needs. As you see, my trick to getting both the hybrid and the stats was to take one pet and work that pet up, hatching and benefitting from the stats. Then hatch it with the desired pet. Now, this process takes a lot of patience and money, but if you wish to have a hybrid pet with good stats, that was my method of getting it. I do wish you the best of luck in getting your Nightwalker. Thank you for reading.
~Shannon Skybreaker

Explorer
Apr 08, 2011
Scarlet Hawk on May 9, 2013 wrote:
K sunbird realm. Area 1?
Sorry we missed each other. I went back and forth from realm Sunbird to realm Lincoln. Let me know if you still want to hatch in the future.

Valerian DragonStalker
Promethean Sorcerer

Defender
May 03, 2009
biological cronicl... on May 11, 2013 wrote:
Sorry we missed each other. I went back and forth from realm Sunbird to realm Lincoln. Let me know if you still want to hatch in the future.

Valerian DragonStalker
Promethean Sorcerer
Sorry I was doing Xibalba. Really sorry. I'm on Saturdays and Fridays and I'll try to stay on Lincoln realm and check the hatchery often.