Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why level 15 for a house?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 18, 2010
I don't know why at all there is a level limit for houses. I understand that when you are level 5 you will not have enough money, but if you have higher wizards you can sell some of their items to get nice items. It irks me that we have the be level 15. Being level 65, it's not problematic for her, but for lower characters it's annoying. I think that we should have maybe a level 5 rating or something? Please tell me your thoughts.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
PersonOfLife on Mar 3, 2013 wrote:
I don't know why at all there is a level limit for houses. I understand that when you are level 5 you will not have enough money, but if you have higher wizards you can sell some of their items to get nice items. It irks me that we have the be level 15. Being level 65, it's not problematic for her, but for lower characters it's annoying. I think that we should have maybe a level 5 rating or something? Please tell me your thoughts.
I have no problem with rules. This is one of them. You have to earn the right to a house the same as anything else. And I'm guessing that some of those lower level wizards are either deleted or just not played. Whatever the reason, KI has deemed it so and we should respect that.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2009
My guess is that houses take up "space" so to speak. If every level 5 or so bought a house then left, it would fill up a lot of space thats just empty. Then again, I could be completely wrong, and it's just a goal to strive for or a reason to play/spend money on membership. Ex: a level 20 wizard with a cool house could be the deciding factor in a friend's choice to buy membership or not.