Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Move Your Mouse To Cast Spells

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 13, 2009
I think a cool thing to do is to move your mouse while casting a spell. If you move your mouse correctly, your attack has a 3% better chance of hitting but if you do it wrong, your spell gets a 3% worse chance of hitting. This would be just like casting your wand in the game. At the beginning of the game, you would get a tutorial of how to move your mouse to cast spells. Each school of magic would make you move your mouse differently. To remember all of the actions, you would see a line moving around while it is your turn. You would follow that moving line with your mouse. Some people get up while they are casting to get a snack for example, so you can turn off this option really easily by having a new button next to pass so you don't get -3% accuracy while you are away from the computer. This would be so cool to do and also fun! The one thing I am uncertain about is if self casting should be done in p.v.p. or not. Should this also increase critical rating by a small amount for wizards 50 and up? Let me know in the comment section.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
EMC99 on Jan 12, 2013 wrote:
I think a cool thing to do is to move your mouse while casting a spell. If you move your mouse correctly, your attack has a 3% better chance of hitting but if you do it wrong, your spell gets a 3% worse chance of hitting. This would be just like casting your wand in the game. At the beginning of the game, you would get a tutorial of how to move your mouse to cast spells. Each school of magic would make you move your mouse differently. To remember all of the actions, you would see a line moving around while it is your turn. You would follow that moving line with your mouse. Some people get up while they are casting to get a snack for example, so you can turn off this option really easily by having a new button next to pass so you don't get -3% accuracy while you are away from the computer. This would be so cool to do and also fun! The one thing I am uncertain about is if self casting should be done in p.v.p. or not. Should this also increase critical rating by a small amount for wizards 50 and up? Let me know in the comment section.
Duels get longer and boring. We need something to grab our attention! This is a great idea!