Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks gear drop

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 13, 2011
Waterworks I find hard, but I really want the gear. Can there be someone else who drops the Waterworks gear please?

Thanks,
Emma FairyBlossom Life.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
no1 cat lover on Dec 14, 2012 wrote:
Waterworks I find hard, but I really want the gear. Can there be someone else who drops the Waterworks gear please?

Thanks,
Emma FairyBlossom Life.
Your best bet for WW type gear is to craft the gear from Wintertusk. Of course this is not easy either since you have to have crafted through the Celestia crafting quest to be able to make it. That pretty much leaves you stuck with level 58 gear which is what my Life wizard ended up doing though Zafaria and I have to solo quite a bit or wait and wait and wait for help - everyone seemed to want my help with their quests though.

I did get hat and boots though WW but never got the rode till just before the Mirror Lake battle. I guess I was lucky it only took 12 runs but I don't feel lucky I feel like I wasted a lot of game time over gear that becomes useless in AZ. After a few runs though with my Death wizard I decided I couldn't stand it any more and found out about the crafted gear.

I agree that WW is hard and with out the proper group it can be hours to complete. It maybe fun for some who have the time to invest into many trips though but for a lot of us it's just beyond what we can or want to do. Some get the gear with a few runs others may not after 50 or so, for me this is excessive change to get. Many have complained about this instance and really nothing has changed so it is up to you to figure out how to work with it or around it.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2011
Northlite on Dec 14, 2012 wrote:
Your best bet for WW type gear is to craft the gear from Wintertusk. Of course this is not easy either since you have to have crafted through the Celestia crafting quest to be able to make it. That pretty much leaves you stuck with level 58 gear which is what my Life wizard ended up doing though Zafaria and I have to solo quite a bit or wait and wait and wait for help - everyone seemed to want my help with their quests though.

I did get hat and boots though WW but never got the rode till just before the Mirror Lake battle. I guess I was lucky it only took 12 runs but I don't feel lucky I feel like I wasted a lot of game time over gear that becomes useless in AZ. After a few runs though with my Death wizard I decided I couldn't stand it any more and found out about the crafted gear.

I agree that WW is hard and with out the proper group it can be hours to complete. It maybe fun for some who have the time to invest into many trips though but for a lot of us it's just beyond what we can or want to do. Some get the gear with a few runs others may not after 50 or so, for me this is excessive change to get. Many have complained about this instance and really nothing has changed so it is up to you to figure out how to work with it or around it.
Thanks!

Survivor
Sep 27, 2011
waterworks is not hard at all, you have to be able to come in with good card preparation and knowledge of the bosses there. I have some tips that will speed up your waterworks adventures to getting one of the best gear in the game.

1. use a starter deck or just make your deck really small when not in one of the boss battles. For example if you are a fire wizard your deck should include 2 meteors, 2 spell enchants (monstrous, gargantuan, or colossal), and 2 fire blades. If you are storm, balance, ice, or myth just replace the blades and meteor attack with a school appropriate version. And if you are life or death, its bit longer but a scare crow or forest lord will do just fine (most likely though you will not get to attack since the other schools with a 4 pip aoe spell will kill the creatures first). The enchanted meteor, sand storm, blizzard, or humongofrog will most likely not kill them but a team mate can follow up with their own attack and finish them. Team work is crucial, no need for people to get greedy and go for a max damage hit on these battles.

2. when battling Luska the first boss it is important to know that blade stacking is really important and efficient, since if done properly can easily kill the boss in one blow. Have yourself stack multiple blades and buy treasure card spirit or elemental blades to add to your blade stacking and hit with a hard attack. (Luska drops the waterworks hat and mastery amulets)

3. When battling the final bosses it is important to bring lots of shields since you will not be healing often do to the doom and gloom. Also its important to know that the first phase lasts only 3 rounds and is for traps, use this time to go digging in your deck for a kill solution after the first phase is over. After the first phase the color of the bubble will change color from white to black and all phases post the first phase will last for 4 rounds (phase shifts on the 4th round), black bubble for blades and white for traps.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
marcus7429 on Dec 20, 2012 wrote:
waterworks is not hard at all, you have to be able to come in with good card preparation and knowledge of the bosses there. I have some tips that will speed up your waterworks adventures to getting one of the best gear in the game.

1. use a starter deck or just make your deck really small when not in one of the boss battles. For example if you are a fire wizard your deck should include 2 meteors, 2 spell enchants (monstrous, gargantuan, or colossal), and 2 fire blades. If you are storm, balance, ice, or myth just replace the blades and meteor attack with a school appropriate version. And if you are life or death, its bit longer but a scare crow or forest lord will do just fine (most likely though you will not get to attack since the other schools with a 4 pip aoe spell will kill the creatures first). The enchanted meteor, sand storm, blizzard, or humongofrog will most likely not kill them but a team mate can follow up with their own attack and finish them. Team work is crucial, no need for people to get greedy and go for a max damage hit on these battles.

2. when battling Luska the first boss it is important to know that blade stacking is really important and efficient, since if done properly can easily kill the boss in one blow. Have yourself stack multiple blades and buy treasure card spirit or elemental blades to add to your blade stacking and hit with a hard attack. (Luska drops the waterworks hat and mastery amulets)

3. When battling the final bosses it is important to bring lots of shields since you will not be healing often do to the doom and gloom. Also its important to know that the first phase lasts only 3 rounds and is for traps, use this time to go digging in your deck for a kill solution after the first phase is over. After the first phase the color of the bubble will change color from white to black and all phases post the first phase will last for 4 rounds (phase shifts on the 4th round), black bubble for blades and white for traps.
I did water works solo alot at level 60. Myself i found that people would bail out right away or after the first boss lusko. I found solo was not very likely before i made the level 56 armor though. The added universal resist and blade helped alot. Eventually I received the hat from lusko, then boots, robe from final boss. Now at 90 that map is very easy both bosses can be one hit if its setup. ( pet traps can be put on lusko without a penny)

before traps ends toss a myth dispel on the boss , he wont remove traps then, on round 2 or 3 of blades toss a storm dispel on the boss. he will not remove your blades when the round changes. Use to do speed runs with my life and a storm friend would end last battle on start of second trap round.