Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

not cool

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 05, 2013
this storm wizard had an insane bolt and right when i was about to kill him ( he went first ) he crit and 1 shot insane bolt me

2 Things wrong with this

1. He took advantage of my bad luck
2. He went first, i played skillfully

This spell must be a NO-PVP spell. It must be NO-PVP on the original its too op and people are just taking the advantage of insane bolting me and they always win because of that. Because im so unlucky...

No skill! This needs to be nerfed and insane bolt must deal only 500 if it hits or ban it from pvp! I am sick of this!

Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
Alright. First. I'll address the points you pointed out.
1. Taking advantage of bad luck is an extremely common and skillful thing to do.
ex. dispels- you used a large pip attack, you lost all the pips.
Do you think he will let you get all of your pips back? No! He will make sure that he defeats you before you can even come close to the pips.
2. "He went first, I played skillfully" is an incorrect comparison. Just because he went first doesn't mean that he is not skilled.

While insane bolt is somewhat of a hail mary, it takes tremendous skill to use it effectively. You have to find an opening to do a thousand moon damage. Next, you have to also calculate the risk of what your opponents counter will be. Not as easy as you think. Only storm wizards can use this at the moment, and for good reason. Storm is the brutally powerful. We have stronger attacks like that. We have more critical, pierce, and attack, which insane bolt can annihilate us with as well. I notice how you've left the fact that if it hits you, it deals ten thousand damage to yourself. An attack such as that adds far more of a variety into a match, and is a calculated risk.
If this is an OP attack and it should be NO-PVP, think of the following
Ice: Tower, Freeze
Fire: Elf, Smoke
Life: GS and Satyr
Death: Juju, Sacrifice
Myth: Blinding Light, Earthquake, Medusa
Balance: Gaze, Mantle, Loremaster
I'd say those are pretty OP as well. Each school has its specialties. That's how it works. You might not like some spells, but you love others.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
Merfolura on Jun 28, 2016 wrote:
Alright. First. I'll address the points you pointed out.
1. Taking advantage of bad luck is an extremely common and skillful thing to do.
ex. dispels- you used a large pip attack, you lost all the pips.
Do you think he will let you get all of your pips back? No! He will make sure that he defeats you before you can even come close to the pips.
2. "He went first, I played skillfully" is an incorrect comparison. Just because he went first doesn't mean that he is not skilled.

While insane bolt is somewhat of a hail mary, it takes tremendous skill to use it effectively. You have to find an opening to do a thousand moon damage. Next, you have to also calculate the risk of what your opponents counter will be. Not as easy as you think. Only storm wizards can use this at the moment, and for good reason. Storm is the brutally powerful. We have stronger attacks like that. We have more critical, pierce, and attack, which insane bolt can annihilate us with as well. I notice how you've left the fact that if it hits you, it deals ten thousand damage to yourself. An attack such as that adds far more of a variety into a match, and is a calculated risk.
If this is an OP attack and it should be NO-PVP, think of the following
Ice: Tower, Freeze
Fire: Elf, Smoke
Life: GS and Satyr
Death: Juju, Sacrifice
Myth: Blinding Light, Earthquake, Medusa
Balance: Gaze, Mantle, Loremaster
I'd say those are pretty OP as well. Each school has its specialties. That's how it works. You might not like some spells, but you love others.
tremendous skill to use effectively? I just laughed so hard. So your basically saying they take the risk on the most unlucky person in PVP. Recently I met 2 warlords who were life and they did luminous weaver and I cast doom and gloom they cast sanctuary. I kept doing doom and gloom and I was about to finish him off with the sanctuary aura on and I fizzled. I wouldve won and I have a 4% chance to fizzle and I fizzle on that? He healed with dryad to full health and i left the arena. I can't win. He went first too. "calculate the risks" you don't have to calculate the risks im already super unlucky. There is absolutley no skill in insane bolt while storm students take total advantage of my bad luck when im already unlucky already. It needs to be nerfed no PVP no CRIT its just a total luck fest

Survivor
Dec 21, 2013
DevinSkullStone on Jun 29, 2016 wrote:
tremendous skill to use effectively? I just laughed so hard. So your basically saying they take the risk on the most unlucky person in PVP. Recently I met 2 warlords who were life and they did luminous weaver and I cast doom and gloom they cast sanctuary. I kept doing doom and gloom and I was about to finish him off with the sanctuary aura on and I fizzled. I wouldve won and I have a 4% chance to fizzle and I fizzle on that? He healed with dryad to full health and i left the arena. I can't win. He went first too. "calculate the risks" you don't have to calculate the risks im already super unlucky. There is absolutley no skill in insane bolt while storm students take total advantage of my bad luck when im already unlucky already. It needs to be nerfed no PVP no CRIT its just a total luck fest
Okay, if you are a non-storm Wizard and you have a 4% chance of fizzling, I wouldn't even argue. I mean, come on it's just your stats then. Try increasing your accuracy using triangle sockets.

Talking about luck, yes you are right, when we PvP in this game, we ALL ARE unlucky and lucky at some points, just deal with it. Oh, and btw may I know how much critical block rating you have. I mean, if you have 100 block and you are complaining about this critical on you, thats just not relevant.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
DevinSkullStone on Jun 29, 2016 wrote:
I don't know if you play chess. However, there are moves known as gambits. That's what insane bolt is.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2013
Ya win some, ya lose some. I don't want to be that unsympathetic person in the corner, but honestly this is just how it goes. I very much get where you're coming from, and many people (myself included) have been very frustrated with PVP. Luck plays a huge role in it; like when you have two health left and saytar that round. Going first affects a lot, you are right, but this is not your fault or the other players'. It's totally random, and in my eyes this is actually one of the bonuses. I am not super good at PVP, but I can get lucky and at least have a shot of winning a few. I'm glad about that, because otherwise players like you would totally annihilate me.

Try looking at it from our view. After many long games of PVP when you continually get your face stomped in the dirt, you finally win one. Luck was involved, you know that except that doesn't make it less satisfying. I guess it is sorta a leveling field so some players like myself at least have a chance. So it bugs me when people stomp all over it and say that aspect of PVP should be removed. Have more "skill" involved? Luck gives you an opponent worse than you. Luck gave you the exact deck of cards you need to win. Luck affects the hit. I could go on and on, but the point is you don't complain about your good luck, only others'. Luck can be very good for you when all your spells turn out, but also bad when that happens to your opponent. That's just the way it goes.