Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 5-20-16

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Wizards, it’s been a little hectic around here this week, but I wanted to make sure and chat with everyone about the future. The sun still rises, and the firecat still purrs.

Simply put – all the great content on the plan for Wizard101 this year is still in the works. As you know, we’ve released Daily Assignments, some new skeleton key bosses, the gear vault, and more with the Spring Update. We’re currently hard at work in the middle of our next update that should be in your hands before the cool fall winds blow. I don’t want to spoil the fun of the reveal, but I’d say those who are really into combat and those who are really into shortcuts will be quite pleased this summer. More on that as the temperatures heat up!

Wizard101 will celebrate its 8th birthday on September 2nd, we’ve got some great plans, and we’re not stopping there. I’m proud to be a part of this community and the team has big plans to bring you lots of new and shiny fun for years to come.

So, with that out of the way, it’s time to down to Feedback Friday business! This week, I’d like to ask about member benefits. We like to reward our members! So, if you could create a new type of benefit like double pet xp weekends or even more permanent bank space, what would you choose?

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Explorer
Mar 31, 2013
Oh, more bank space and backpack space, without a doubt. Perhaps some specialty member housing items, gear, or pets?

Thanks for asking!

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Professor Falmea,

Here are some good old ideas with a few new ones that I think would be great in no particular order:

1. 7th Wizard! (except this one this one is number one)
2. Character name change (maybe appearance too)
3. More chat features (saying numbers, I understand the concern with younger players, but it still would be nice)
4. More Member Emotes/Actions On my Wizard at the Bottom of my Fire Tower House I have an entire room dedicated to "casting spells" (standing in front of a Grimoire and dancing haha).
5. More bank/backpack etc space.
6. True Friend Code works for all characters (actually that would be nice for everyone) so maybe like a modified group chat where we still have the 4 person group chat, but maybe another option to join like a larger group chat-chat only type a thing?
7. Trading Items between friends? Maybe a kind of like a Private Auction/Bazaar for friends only instead of the main Bazaar. There could be limits so it's not completely crazy, such as you only can put one item up in the friend auction per day or something. Just an idea.
8. Random Elixir Effects for members on certain special promotional days like a Fishing Luck Boost.
9. A way to preview new updates before they are released on the live game. Some sort of Test server....
10. On occasions when there is a free item giveaway i.e. pack maybe you could give two codes to members? like a bonus code? I'm not sure if it will work, but just an idea.

Those are just some ideas that I had- I hope it helps!

exp613

P.S. In regard to your teaser; I'm excited and can't wait!

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
How about some members-only realms? That is, add new realms that only members can go to. All the old ones would still be there and available for both members and non-members, but also have member-only realms for when they want a zone to be less crowded. I suggest naming them after the Arcanum scholars.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on May 20, 2016 wrote:
Wizards, it’s been a little hectic around here this week, but I wanted to make sure and chat with everyone about the future. The sun still rises, and the firecat still purrs.

Simply put – all the great content on the plan for Wizard101 this year is still in the works. As you know, we’ve released Daily Assignments, some new skeleton key bosses, the gear vault, and more with the Spring Update. We’re currently hard at work in the middle of our next update that should be in your hands before the cool fall winds blow. I don’t want to spoil the fun of the reveal, but I’d say those who are really into combat and those who are really into shortcuts will be quite pleased this summer. More on that as the temperatures heat up!

Wizard101 will celebrate its 8th birthday on September 2nd, we’ve got some great plans, and we’re not stopping there. I’m proud to be a part of this community and the team has big plans to bring you lots of new and shiny fun for years to come.

So, with that out of the way, it’s time to down to Feedback Friday business! This week, I’d like to ask about member benefits. We like to reward our members! So, if you could create a new type of benefit like double pet xp weekends or even more permanent bank space, what would you choose?

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Members should receive...
-More choices to pay with items in the crown shop with gold
-More bank space!!!!!!!!!
-Free Stitching (for a limited time)
-Free Potion Refill (for a limited time)
-Mount Boost Speed (for a limited time)

Survivor
Aug 22, 2014
More bank space is always a plus as I always find a way to fill it, Im sure that would be a big help. As for an idea maybe members can stitch outfits for gold instead of crowns- I would personally really like that and Im sure a lot of wizards who like making outfits would aswell. Secondly maybe we could be able to place more items in and outside of our homes. And lastly I personally think it would be nice if the double benefits for members were active all the time, instead of for a few days at a time. Hope these ideas are okay!

Survivor
Jun 02, 2012
I would like to say thanks for what you guys have done so far

Survivor
Dec 24, 2011
Survivor
May 03, 2009
Would definitely love to see a benefit where the loremaster drop is doubled, or increased.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
Double Daily assignment rewards would be a great idea goes on for 5 days so you can have a whole "week" of the assignments you can get like a double roll on the chests during this benefit. Anyone agree?

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
Survivor
Apr 29, 2012
I know I speak for Blazelifehammer and a ton more people Double Fishing Gold and XP Like gardening but for fish you see how gardening x2 rewards help people a ton i think Double Fishing would help people with gold and ranking up in fishing Thanks for reading my post if you have if you just read the last part I really advise you read the entire speech Thanks and It would be awesome if you Would implement My idea into the game in the cycle you are going in i think it would fit great right after training point buyback Thanks for the third time and see you in the next post - Lailmisthead 85

Survivor
Jun 27, 2015
Professor falmea how about buying henchmen with gold well less gold for lower lvl ones elevating till 110 henchmen that will be crowns or highest gold.ummm lower crownshop prices.

Survivor
May 12, 2011
I am in total agreement with the extra bank space and backpack space! Would also love to see a limit upgrade on amount of pets you can have at your home..........50 just isn't enough, lol. I would love to have an elixir added to crown shop that allows for double pet xp in half hour and one hour increments like some of the other elixirs currently available. That hike to mega and ultra can be such a pain. Would also love to see an elixir called growth booster perhaps! This would help pokier plants such as ivy league, sword fern and king parsley to get to elder faster :) For an avid gardener that is a dream come true, lol. Also, I would love to be able to trade mega snacks, even if it's just the lower ones. Perhaps maybe the lowest ones like dragonhoard melon, star fruit etc. Sometimes starting a noob is rough :) Would be nice to allow us to sell potent trap and sharpened blade tc in the bazaar now. They have been out for a while and I think it's time to allow us to trade/sell those. Thanks for listening!

Survivor
May 13, 2012
Better drop rates.
Trading between accounts if they are linked to family accounts.
Higher energy levels.
Change name and appearance of wizards.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
Please, Please, Please........ Adjust fishing XP so the higher ranks are obtainable in a normal lifespan without spending 2 million crowns.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2013
I love the seed and gear vaults and would especially like one for housing items! That way, I could keep things I'm not sure what I want to do with yet or that are seasonal (so I can change out decorations with the seasons and holidays) without overloading my backpack and bank.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Unrealistic: Make the entire game free-to-play for one weekend so that free-to-play and crowns players can get a small taste of what the rest of the game is like. If not the entire game then perhaps just the first story arc and that's it.

Realistic: Half-price on Energy and Gardening/Fishing Spell and Rank costs. For example, an activity that would cost 12 Energy to play would only cost 6 Energy to play instead, and a Gardening/Fishing spell that requires rank 6 and 100k gold require rank 3 and 50k gold instead.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Unrealistic: Make the entire game free-to-play for one weekend so that free-to-play and crowns players can get a small taste of what the rest of the game is like. If not the entire game then perhaps just the first story arc and that's it.

Realistic: Half-price on Energy and Gardening/Fishing Spell and Rank costs. For example, an activity that would cost 12 Energy to play would only cost 6 Energy to play instead, and a Gardening/Fishing spell that requires rank 6 and 100k gold require rank 3 and 50k gold instead.

Survivor
Dec 25, 2010
I agree with being able to change appearance. I've had my wiz character for 6 years and I made her when I was like 12. When I wised up I realized I hated the hair. Like, a lot.

Tournament discounts?
More than one "marked location"?
Maybe an option/feature where you select all the items you wish to sell, and it tallies up approx how much it'll sell for? (considering bazaar prices fluctuate based on item availability) It'd save a ton of time running back and forth between the shop and farming and generally make it more efficient.
I saw a post somewhere that presented the idea of having a personalized vendor you can put in your house, and sell your own things to other wizards with customized prices. I believe with some tweaking, that'd make a pretty neat feature.

This could just be generally applied rather than a member only feature, but how about adding more color options for the dye shop. Heck, maybe even a color wheel.

Trying to think outside of the box!

Survivor
Apr 11, 2010
Double chances for boss drops
Double fishing luck
Double fishing experience
Free energy refills
No pet timers, so we can hatch as much as we want.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2008
1. 7th character so we can play each school.

2. More backpack space ... even if we have to pay for vaults to carry within our backpacks. I would buy a mount vault, weapon vault, and housing item vault to carry within my backpack (not in my house, but in my backpack so they are handy)

3. More items allowed per house.

4. Come up with a way that we can temporarily have access to all of our housing items (bank, shared, backpack) so we can freely decorate, without a hassle. We waste so much time going back and forth retrieving items, it would be worth buying a "temporary storage" elixir.

5. Be able to give away some items to new wizards (like pets we don't want) or give every visitor to our house a gift.

6. New dance moves and better dance music.

7. Feature more screenshots of members playing the game. Who caught largest fish? Who hatched the pet with the best stats? Who killed a Boss with the biggest hit? Who has the best stats in their gear? Or, just a random member playing.

8. It doesn't make sense that if I want to give a bundle or item on Wizard101.com to someone that I have to pay full price, when they are on sale. Members should be able to buy items, at the sale price, to give as prizes at parties or to fansites.

9. Give paying members a discount in the Crown Shop and for restitching items.

10. Give members the opportunity to buy a Party Package for our house consisting of special occasion music, games, dungeons, firework displays, decorations, etc. We would buy, for 1 or 2 hours, special graphics and special activities which would be themed for Birthdays, Meet and Greets, Holidays, etc. These items and activities would be unique and only available at Parties. Activities would be announced on our screen so that everyone knows a game is starting and who is the winner of a prize.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2013
Blaze03554 on May 21, 2016 wrote:
Members should receive...
-More choices to pay with items in the crown shop with gold
-More bank space!!!!!!!!!
-Free Stitching (for a limited time)
-Free Potion Refill (for a limited time)
-Mount Boost Speed (for a limited time)

Ooooh, yes, I very much like this idea! Free/gold stitching and unstitching would be a very cool event to have. I also think an option to return single spells for training points instead of having to give them all back would be handy, but I understand if you can't do that.

~Mary TrollHunter
Promethean Sorcerer

Survivor
Dec 09, 2011
A common area (like a plaza) on each account so that you can put all your dungeons / tourneys etc in one place permanently and all your wizards can use it without putting it in and out of the shared bank. Does that make sense?

Survivor
Feb 20, 2009
How about being able to place both tradeable and non-tradeable treasure cards into the shared bank so that any wizard on that account can have access to them without having to create a second account to hold all of them, unless they just want to do it like that. I mean, we can place almost any item (including homes) into the shared bank, unless it specifically says "no trade", so why can't we do the same for treasure cards?