Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ninja Pigs Spell Drop

AuthorMessage
Champion
Mar 05, 2012
In the last 2 days, I have purchased over 300 Ninja Lore Packs, fought Koto over a hundred times, all trying to get the Ninja Pig spell drop.

I realize it is craftable, but my myth char is not up to speed on that so I have used these alternatives.

But this drop rate (or lack of) seems way off; Is it still accurate info on Wiki on how to obtain it these ways? I have never experienced such a poor return (especially with packs purchase).

If so, maybe the drop rate needs to be evaluated?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Koto is the best way to get it in my experience because it's such a quick, easy fight. It took my myth probably 500 tries, it took about 30 mins for my friend that I helped do it. Drop rates on lore spells from both battles and packs are notoriously low. I find it best to be patient and fight on for the drop rather than chance packs.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Thanks Seethe, you are probably right.
I guess I was disappointed in the packs mostly - I have purchased many for all of my chars over the years and always got the spell I was trying for with less than 300 packs purchased, lol.

At least I got Goat Monk

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
I have the same problem on my fire with burning rampage, just imagine having to use a stone skeleton key every time! Yikes

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
SilverbackMonkey on May 10, 2016 wrote:
In the last 2 days, I have purchased over 300 Ninja Lore Packs, fought Koto over a hundred times, all trying to get the Ninja Pig spell drop.

I realize it is craftable, but my myth char is not up to speed on that so I have used these alternatives.

But this drop rate (or lack of) seems way off; Is it still accurate info on Wiki on how to obtain it these ways? I have never experienced such a poor return (especially with packs purchase).

If so, maybe the drop rate needs to be evaluated?
I have had 2 myth wizards in my time and after my 132nd try farming Koto, I got the spell!

Whats ironic is, I took a long break from Wizard101 and when I came back I deleted the myth wizard that had that had Ninja Pigs on it. I made a new myth wizard and did the entire farming process again and it was the 130th try that I got the spell again.

Something about the 130's was my lucky farming number...maybe it could be for you too!

To keep track of how many times you farm Koto, look in your Mooshu badges and look how many ninja pigs you have defeated. (It takes time but it's worth it!)

Hope this gives you hope/help!!!

PS
Farming bosses is the absolute best choice if you don't want to craft!

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I was extremely lucky. I was doing my general quests in Mooshu on my baby Myth (now 110), and she got the Ninja Pig spell from fighting Koto the first time (no farming!). Honestly, I was completely surprised!

Now, I can't say that for my other wizards .....

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Thanks All for the encouragement;
I got frustrated with the farming so I just leveled up in crafting and made both crafted Myth spells; I have 6 chars so all the reagents were in shared bank ready to go and only took 2 hours to level up from zero to Legendary Crafter.

I should have thought of that sooner, Lol.