Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death need to be improved

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 24, 2009
Death is literally the school with the less option in pvp. Death has good utility spells but they aren't effective when used on themselves. Death is a school where its mandatory to have at less 40% pierce with over 100 damage but still have to blade a few times for decent damage. These requirements take away from using utilities spells like bad juju, empower, sacrifice, etc. Its like a school that contradicts itself because it's lack of spell coordination. For Example: A death with 40% pierce and over 100% damage try to sacrifice it hit at about 600 but heal at about 900. That's literally only 300 gain which is less than a fairy more pips and more of a risk. To be technical death utilities are more effective when used by other schools. People say heal sap is a huge advantage.But how?? Heal saps don't have full enchant perk, a full heal nor do shrike recognize it as a hit (no backlash reduce). Death lacks talent to perform a combo that can surprise a opponent. Example: A death blades 2 times but is planning to myth banshee or wand into a sorrow or lulu if his opponent shields, but the opponent uses a set shields?? What is deaths only option?? Skeleton dragon or poison which can be easily predicted then removed by a triage or sent back by a shift. Now your out 8 pips and your opponent still has theirs. Its seems like death is neglected by the game. When fire has spells like burning rampage that's extremely stronger, less pips and twice as easy to use and combo. Fire has i think is 3 beetle stacks, damage bubble, fuel,blades, new wand (the hits death in may cast so more benefit to fire), brim stone, ffa. Thats so many options. Lets not forget to mention they have ashen bones which is 250+1000 damage. Deaths Skeleton dragon is 338+948(colossal enchanted)?? Less ways to combo??How is this even fair?? Its more but i am just using fire as a prime example on why death school need to be improved. Thank you!!

Survivor
Apr 27, 2011
I agree, death needs some kind of buff when it comes to max level pvp. There aren't many combinations in 1v1. Juju spamming is a bit time consuming and it is too risky.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Artur Battle on May 3, 2016 wrote:
I agree, death needs some kind of buff when it comes to max level pvp. There aren't many combinations in 1v1. Juju spamming is a bit time consuming and it is too risky.
not all death wizard (play death well in pvp 1v1) use important spell and useful spells (I like pets with mc to get rid of Offense & Defense (USE STEAL CHARM on ice wizard vs a balance wizard so, BE harder for them use balance blade, which help force them to use there blade with elemental blade & spirit blade) want to protect mine immunity or keep them from attack me so, get jump on blade stack!

I use death immunity vs death because they never know they could be juju spammer (but able attack me) won't enough pierce kill me :) I do same as juju spammer but damage they do won't kill me (unless jade wizard use allot armor pierce spell) there they are dead (defeat life wizard long time ago) score 17k on mine ice using jade when using immunity to LIFE!

did immunity puppet by mistake when test out myth immunity but won because death using storm immunity vs storm/myth (all set) good call grab cleanse charm but was funny forgetting who was immunity too!

Survivor
Jun 13, 2015
I agree, Death needs a buff! It is unquestionably the worst 1v1 school. This school struggles immensely from second, we cannot combo securely. There is always the risk of Triage or set shields (which is particularly worse for us, considering they are already weak on hits!) The school itself is a mess on 1v1, Death is only superb on questing. It becomes nearly impossible to advance through higher ranks considering every school has the advantage over them. I know barely a dozen current Death offensive Warlords, and if there are more actives ones, trust me, I would know. More players are resorting to Jade Juju as a solution to this problem. It becomes a waste of time. There is no dedication, no effort. I would love to see Death improve, and balance out the game correctly. When the next world comes out, if the new Death spell costs 2 Shadow pips, I would love to see a 1400+ damage single target SAP hit. Something like what Khrulhu once was, the amazing original first version! Death needs a comeback, and you guys are showing no mercy, in fact, the school seems to deteriorate worse every update! This post's composer made an excellent representation on why Death lacks extraordinarily. Our utilities become irrelevant since we have to blade-stack to deal some decent damage. So Kingsisle, please, Death NEEDS a lot of help. I hope to see a change, this game is awesome, but it ruins pvp for me and every other person that is Death.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
JustinFrostHunter on May 5, 2016 wrote:
not all death wizard (play death well in pvp 1v1) use important spell and useful spells (I like pets with mc to get rid of Offense & Defense (USE STEAL CHARM on ice wizard vs a balance wizard so, BE harder for them use balance blade, which help force them to use there blade with elemental blade & spirit blade) want to protect mine immunity or keep them from attack me so, get jump on blade stack!

I use death immunity vs death because they never know they could be juju spammer (but able attack me) won't enough pierce kill me :) I do same as juju spammer but damage they do won't kill me (unless jade wizard use allot armor pierce spell) there they are dead (defeat life wizard long time ago) score 17k on mine ice using jade when using immunity to LIFE!

did immunity puppet by mistake when test out myth immunity but won because death using storm immunity vs storm/myth (all set) good call grab cleanse charm but was funny forgetting who was immunity too!
I'm sry but i don't see what this has to do with death. And feel like you're speaking from a ice point of view

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
Samuel SunHunter on May 5, 2016 wrote:
I agree, Death needs a buff! It is unquestionably the worst 1v1 school. This school struggles immensely from second, we cannot combo securely. There is always the risk of Triage or set shields (which is particularly worse for us, considering they are already weak on hits!) The school itself is a mess on 1v1, Death is only superb on questing. It becomes nearly impossible to advance through higher ranks considering every school has the advantage over them. I know barely a dozen current Death offensive Warlords, and if there are more actives ones, trust me, I would know. More players are resorting to Jade Juju as a solution to this problem. It becomes a waste of time. There is no dedication, no effort. I would love to see Death improve, and balance out the game correctly. When the next world comes out, if the new Death spell costs 2 Shadow pips, I would love to see a 1400+ damage single target SAP hit. Something like what Khrulhu once was, the amazing original first version! Death needs a comeback, and you guys are showing no mercy, in fact, the school seems to deteriorate worse every update! This post's composer made an excellent representation on why Death lacks extraordinarily. Our utilities become irrelevant since we have to blade-stack to deal some decent damage. So Kingsisle, please, Death NEEDS a lot of help. I hope to see a change, this game is awesome, but it ruins pvp for me and every other person that is Death.
I agree Its extremely unfair that death spells has the damage nor the spells effects to compete in pvp. DOT spells are cool but they need to be stronger or have a added effect. Like Myth King Art, Basilisk,Link etc. Death hits should be stronger or have a useful effect. Example: Skeletal Pirate is such a weak spell for 5 pips with no side effect and at the same time less relevant than almost every schools 4 pip spell such as lore,keeper,weaver,brim and etc. Death = No official Damage bubble, Lack of spell effects, Lack of base damage, Lack of utility usage(On self), Useless Minions, Worst usage of shrike (no heal sap backlash reduce), Lack of useful treasure cards,No fully enchanted hits, Weak attacks that only produce half of a heal, and only school where having pierce effects the player in a negative way but at the same time still need it (Totally contraction to the school)

Explorer
Oct 12, 2012
wakaflame201 on May 5, 2016 wrote:
I agree Its extremely unfair that death spells has the damage nor the spells effects to compete in pvp. DOT spells are cool but they need to be stronger or have a added effect. Like Myth King Art, Basilisk,Link etc. Death hits should be stronger or have a useful effect. Example: Skeletal Pirate is such a weak spell for 5 pips with no side effect and at the same time less relevant than almost every schools 4 pip spell such as lore,keeper,weaver,brim and etc. Death = No official Damage bubble, Lack of spell effects, Lack of base damage, Lack of utility usage(On self), Useless Minions, Worst usage of shrike (no heal sap backlash reduce), Lack of useful treasure cards,No fully enchanted hits, Weak attacks that only produce half of a heal, and only school where having pierce effects the player in a negative way but at the same time still need it (Totally contraction to the school)
I can agree for death to maybe get better utility spells BUT a buff in damage to drains is a big No No imo ( mostly cause of pierce). Death can do damage but it just seems like a school where you have to work for it like myth does. Death is on the same boat as myth in this meta. Lord of night tbh could actually use a buff in damage but that's the only one ( maybe). We can't just buff all the death spells death has cause how will that effect lower lvl pvp? ( i'll be honest here most of what i'm saying is just opinion). Drains are the weakest spells in game Because you get health back. This is really i can say for this tbh. No need to hate this reply this is mostly just opinion .

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
Lol deaths own spell being used against them by another school which already has more advantages then they do. That is awfully unfair. Ashen Bones also does more damage.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2013
I agree. Death school doesn't even have a two pips hit all spell. I once thought deer knight cost two pips. When I finally saw the spell I was so disappointed. I mean scarecrow cost too many pips and using lulu is not option if you don't have a shadow pip. Besides the damage is kinda low. Death wizards can't preform well in pvp if every other school has advantages such as Balance's Sandstorm spell cost two pips, Myth's Frog cost two pips, and storm's tempest spell cost no pips, Fire has meteor, and Ice has Blizzard. I don't know if life has a two pip hit all spell but it just seems unfair if death can't hit all with two pips. Death needs more improvement. They need a new spell. Also how fire Ash bones do more than skeletal dragon when the spell originally came from death. Most spells that are copied to another school in a different form are weaker than the original. Death needs work.

Explorer
Feb 23, 2012
This could be true but your probably looking at this being played from second( which is hard no matter what school you use unless its the top 3) but like storm death is also a good team player in 2v2 their top tier the best. but in 1v1 I've seen a death do well from both first and second unless your facing maybe a ice, life or balance then things are hard no matter what or who you are. perhaps k I should make a new death a improved utility spell or 4-5 pip spell that is more reliable and effective then what we already have. like a something to protect and counter with reasonable dmg, idea: 550 damage with a 75% health back and a minus 40% weakness( idk something off the top that seems good)