Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

'First generation' flag for pets

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 21, 2013
For pets that are first generation, ie, not from a hatch, be nice if there was some way for it to be indicated. Perhaps with a little star by its name or its name to be surrounded in a gold border or something. I'm sure I'm not the only one that cares whether or not a pet is a first generation, especially when hatching. There may be a trait from a first generation pet that I'm hoping to get and just because it may not being showing as having been developed, doesn't mean it doesn't have it. However, if it's not the first generation pet, the trait that I want could be long gone and it would be a futile attempt. At least when hatching with a first generation, I know I have better odds of getting that trait.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Just check the pets stats against the wiki listing for that pet. First Gen pets have preset maximum stats. Hatched pets will almost never match those stats unless hatched from 2 first gen pets of the same type (meaning they are the same as first gen anways). Also check the order of talent ranks. Those are always the same on first gen regardless which appear in training.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
I like this idea, I feel like the 40th generation Superhybrids wizards make for double defense traits and heals are starting to outnumber the originals. I would even be satisfied if it just said First Generation at the bottom when you were to look at the pet on another character's statistics.

Marcus Suncrafter, lvl 83

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
seethe42 on Apr 17, 2016 wrote:
Just check the pets stats against the wiki listing for that pet. First Gen pets have preset maximum stats. Hatched pets will almost never match those stats unless hatched from 2 first gen pets of the same type (meaning they are the same as first gen anways). Also check the order of talent ranks. Those are always the same on first gen regardless which appear in training.
That only works if it's your pet you are looking at, not someone else's. Even with your own though, it's easier if it's already flagged rather than comparing the order of all the traits.