Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tartarus and the People in it

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 09, 2014
I'm gonna get a horrible reputation for this.

Ok, so, everybody knows about the dungeon Tartarus, right? It's not exactly a click-click and be done type of dungeon. it requires some strategy and determination to complete, right? (The gear is also kinda good, but it's just ok) And of course, people want to get a certain gear piece and pay a little price for it, correct?

Wrong!

Literally every time I have gone into the dungeon, at least one person has left. Also, people give up and give in too easily. I mean, first of all, what's there to gain about going in a dungeon, taking eight steps, then going back out? Now, I totally understand if you have to leave for some surprise reason, and in that case, just tell us! But if you do it because, well, you're kinda lazy, then.....DON'T PLAY. (Sorry KI, the all caps thing won't happen again in this message) About the giving up part, ok, Tartarus is tough. No doubt about it, But don't give up so easily! Just because something isn't easy doesn't mean it's impossible! Just have a little heart!

Now, many players have stopped farming Tartarus because of various reasons, but I'm about to quit just because of these reasons above. If you are one of these kinds of people, don't do Tartarus. If you're a person like me, perhaps we can team up!

With all due respect,
Dakota ShadowForge

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I hear you. One problem is that maybe a third of people waiting around at the sigil want to do cronus instead, and only cronus. Maybe when they see people running down the hill towards the death satyr, they just give up.

Three years ago, this was still a problem. Many many people suggested, give cronus his own sigil. Then people would not be confused and disappointed.

Did you talk to your teammates? Sometimes just communicating with them can make them want to stay and work out strategies for the different battles. It's not difficult to say "who wants to hit?" "anyone have a pet with a feint card?" "i will stay in my maze and collect lion's tail"

If people are too lazy to communicate, then perhaps they do not have the right attitude and skills to earn the hades gear. Take a bit of initiative and sound out your random mates. Even just two people who are willing to talk about strategy can motivate the rest to stay and take a more active role.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
I've literally never even finished the dungeon because EVERYONE who goes in just goes to farm some other boss and leave. I quit after the first dozen times it happened and haven't bothered since.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
I agree
Trevor GoldenHaven lvl-100
Trevor AshHaven lvl-42
Trevor ThunderHaven lvl-10 pvp rating-1264
Trevor FrostHaven lvl-5 pvp rating- 1465

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Dakota ShadowForge on Mar 29, 2016 wrote:

Ok, so, everybody knows about the dungeon Tartarus, right? It's not exactly a click-click and be done type of dungeon. it requires some strategy and determination to complete, right? (The gear is also kinda good, but it's just ok) And of course, people want to get a certain gear piece and pay a little price for it, correct?

Wrong!

Literally every time I have gone into the dungeon, at least one person has left. Also, people give up and give in too easily. I mean, first of all, what's there to gain about going in a dungeon, taking eight steps, then going back out? Now, I totally understand if you have to leave for some surprise reason, and in that case, just tell us! But if you do it because, well, you're kinda lazy, then.....DON'T PLAY. (Sorry KI, the all caps thing won't happen again in this message) About the giving up part, ok, Tartarus is tough. No doubt about it, But don't give up so easily! Just because something isn't easy doesn't mean it's impossible! Just have a little heart!

Now, many players have stopped farming Tartarus because of various reasons, but I'm about to quit just because of these reasons above. If you are one of these kinds of people, don't do Tartarus. If you're a person like me, perhaps we can team up!

With all due respect,
Dakota ShadowForge
Communication is key in this type of thing, ask who's doing Hades when you start the dungeon or try to find a Hades group before you even start it. This problem not only exists in Hades but at Waterworks and Darkmoor (hahaha can't believe I put Waterworks in the same sentence as Darkmoor). Also farming Hades is a bad idea since Darkmoor gear is literally 48x better and just 10 levels away (just my opinion).

Lvl 110
Lvl 66
Lvl 25

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
To Dakota Shadow Forge and any others who would like to COMPLETE Tarturus dungeon: I have run into this same problem you speak of on my balance wizard, who is now 110 level and still has not completed this dungeon due to team left. Now I have a level 93 death wizard who is also ready for some Hades gear.... So I would be happy to team up with you Dakota, or anyone else and STAY. Please let me know if you would be interested or just want to complete the dungeon and see what drops we get..

I am usually playing at night EDT - after 9:00PM is a good bet.

Autumn 110
Morgan 93

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Hmm never really had the problem of people leaving until darkmoor came out just keep working at it and you may get lucky( Waterworks drop rate used to be terrible for me) try asking around the sigil for people doing it for hades or ask if everyone is doing hades as soon as you load from team that way you can back out at the beginning and not halfway through the instance

Survivor
Mar 09, 2014
I confess. When I do communicate, I do get desperate and say, " Nobody leaves " but I mean that way, it's clear . I'm starting to think Tartarus is a lost cause, anyway. The gear isn't just waterworks quality.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2014
Nordic Champion on Mar 30, 2016 wrote:
To Dakota Shadow Forge and any others who would like to COMPLETE Tarturus dungeon: I have run into this same problem you speak of on my balance wizard, who is now 110 level and still has not completed this dungeon due to team left. Now I have a level 93 death wizard who is also ready for some Hades gear.... So I would be happy to team up with you Dakota, or anyone else and STAY. Please let me know if you would be interested or just want to complete the dungeon and see what drops we get..

I am usually playing at night EDT - after 9:00PM is a good bet.

Autumn 110
Morgan 93
I would totally love to do Tartarus with you, buddy. Is Saturday PST at... hmm.... 9:30 PM your time good? Thanks, Nordic Champion. P.S. Would you like to do Gladiator Dimachaerus(?) with me? I have the quest for it, but never got to it. But I'm working my schedule based on you. Again, really glad to do Tartarus with, I'm looking so forward to it.

-Dakota ShadowForge
(AKA Griphook)

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Saturday night sounds great Dakota Griphook Shadow Forge
I do not want to be late to meet you, so please clarify that we are
meeting at 9:30PM my time (EDT) and that would be 6:30PM (PST) for you? Just want to be sure. We can meet in the "commons" area of Aquila - realm Ghoul and I will be bringing my death wizard Morgan. She will be ready as can be HOWEVER I want you to know that I have only been in Tarturus once with my Balance wizard (never completed) and once with my death wizard. Made it through, but barely. I recall the last fight with Hades is very hard to win if he starts healing. Soooo if you know how to shut that fight down quickly or at least kill Hades (or prevent the heals from happening) please bring that knowledge with you. I am going to study the duelist101 tips on Tarturus before we meet up so I can be ready, with room in the back pack. If you end up being busy and cannot make it Saturday night that is ok, sometimes it happens. I will wait for you for 15 minutes and then I will leave if I do not see you. Looking forward to meeting you and completing the dungeon!!

Morgan 93

Survivor
Oct 23, 2015
There is no point in farming this dungeon, especially with people with terrible stats. Thats prolly why they left in the first place cause someone had bad stats. Its like saying you saw a storm with 50 damage and no crit. no one wants that right?

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Dakota ShadowForge on Mar 29, 2016 wrote:

Wrong!

With all due respect,
Dakota ShadowForge
for the special dungeons, of which Tartarus is one, it's a much better idea to put a team of people you know and work well with together than to use team up and take random players.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
crystalwizard12345... on Apr 2, 2016 wrote:
for the special dungeons, of which Tartarus is one, it's a much better idea to put a team of people you know and work well with together than to use team up and take random players.
Yep. Which is why I haven't don't Tartarus for a couple of years, and still haven't done Darkmoor. When you don't have a team of players you know you can count on it's usually a gong show.